Old 11-25-2017, 06:06 AM   #1
LCipher
Human being with feelings

Default Any Cakewalk "SONAR" themes?

Not for me - I personally don't care for the SONAR style.

But with the demise of Cakewalk - might appeal to a lot of refugees. There's a thread over in cw land if anyone has a theme or is working on one that you might want to respond to.

http://forum.cakewalk.com/Reaper-is-...-m3693671.aspx

Last edited by LCipher; 11-25-2017 at 06:36 AM.
LCipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2017, 06:49 AM   #2
vanhaze

This is a neat idea !
Old 11-25-2017, 10:00 AM   #3
Reno.thestraws

Using a Theme that looks like your Ex DAW is the WORST WAY to approaching REAPER
Old 11-25-2017, 01:49 PM   #4
crimsonmerry

Mmm don't know man.. Feels like trying to attract a person by dressing like her ex...
crimsonmerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2017, 09:42 PM   #5
Doc Brown

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsonmerry View Post
Mmm don't know man.. Feels like trying to attract a person by dressing like her ex...
Wouldn't that repel said person?
Doc Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 12:40 PM   #6
crimsonmerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Brown View Post
Wouldn't that repel said person?
Uhhh I'm not sure either... IRL i do have a friend who married a girl that looks like his ex-wife. So...
crimsonmerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 08:59 AM   #7
hopi

Quote:
hahahaha.... ROTFLMAO
Old 11-27-2017, 06:44 AM   #8
trtzbass

https://stash.reaper.fm/theme/1795/ReaSkyline%201.0

I did start working on the color scheme a while ago.
It would be great if someone who's in the know would pick it up and make it awesome!

www.jordanbrown.co.uk
trtzbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 06:22 AM   #9
Valle

Quote:
LOL!
Old 12-15-2017, 10:52 AM   #10
vanceen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reno.thestraws View Post
Using a Theme that looks like your Ex DAW is the WORST WAY to approaching REAPER
That's a good point.

I'm a 29-year SONAR/Cakewalk guy, and I've been learning Reaper the last three weeks. I have been surprised at how difficult it is to learn to do all the things I used to take for granted, in a different way. But I've mostly been delighted with how powerful Reaper is once you learn its ways.

Having the screen look like SONAR would tend to make me think I'm still in Kansas. A sharp break is sometimes the best way.
vanceen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 10:30 PM   #11
tls11823

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanceen View Post
Having the screen look like SONAR would tend to make me think I'm still in Kansas. A sharp break is sometimes the best way.
Agreed 100%. I left Sonar at 8.5.3 for Reaper. While I realized that I could map keys to act the same as Sonar and to otherwise make Reaper work closer to Sonar, my best bet was to just learn the new ways of doing things and within a few days I could use Reaper easily. By the end of a month, I was doing things the Reaper way without thinking. It was a great decision, and I recommend it to any of our recent Sonar converts.
Old 12-15-2017, 10:36 PM   #12
Musicianaire

Quote:
Quote:
That's a good point.

I'm a 29-year SONAR/Cakewalk guy, and I've been learning Reaper the last three weeks. I have been surprised at how difficult it is to learn to do all the things I used to take for granted, in a different way. But I've mostly been delighted with how powerful Reaper is once you learn its ways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tls11823 View Post
Agreed 100%. I left Sonar at 8.5.3 for Reaper. While I realized that I could map keys to act the same as Sonar and to otherwise make Reaper work closer to Sonar, my best bet was to just learn the new ways of doing things and within a few days I could use Reaper easily. By the end of a month, I was doing things the Reaper way without thinking. It was a great decision, and I recommend it to any of our recent Sonar converts.
Agreed, Agreed and Agreed! My thoughts exactly, and y'all saved me the trouble of typing it out.

All you other SONAR refugees - the dream is over so get over it. Reaper is the future you've been waiting for, you just don't know it yet.
Old 12-29-2017, 08:18 AM   #13
Juca

Quote:
That's a good point.

I recommend you read this Cockos document. It will guide you in this transition.
https://www.cockos.com/reaper/guides/SONARtoREAPER.pdf
Greetings
Juca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 12:14 AM   #14
cubic13

Quote:
I disagree, sorry. I made my Cubicpack themes essentially because I couldn't use the default one and nothing in the stash made for me an alternative which would make me feel really at ease.

It took me a while to get something fully functional, but I don't regret it : I have learned a lot about how Reaper is working in the process and how to combine as efficiently as possible both Cubase and Reaper world. I made several other themes, since, but actually and for serious work with Reaper, I'm only using my Cubicpack as I simply feel at home with it.
cubic13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 07:02 AM   #15
LCipher

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubic13 View Post
I disagree, sorry. I made my Cubicpack themes essentially because I couldn't use the default one and nothing in the stash made for me an alternative which would make me feel really at ease.
I agree - I've been using CubicPack (mainly Frema) as my default and it works better than anything else I've tried. And I've tried a bunch!

I have Cubase (Essential 8, 9.5) and I love the GUI - but with Frema and REAPERs speed and flexibility I find myself using REAPER more and more.
LCipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 12:28 PM   #16
new2reaper

Default Any Cakewalk "SONAR" themes?

Ok... so I forget about "making music" for how long? Maybe a month or more. If Reaper is touted for its ability to “configure things then why not make it work like something I already know. Save time, trouble and make some music instead. If I wanted to learn something new, I would tackle the Chinese language. I want to make music and not hit the wrong button over and over again while trying to keep my creative thoughts from fading away.
This would be like driving in England on the other side of the road while thing to look around at the sites, you can do it but it’s not the best thing to do.
new2reaper is offline   Reply With Quote