Old 05-23-2019, 10:31 PM   #1
Neutronic
Human being with feelings

Default v5.978+dev0523 - May 23 2019

v5.978+dev0523 - May 23 2019
+ Bounce: support wildcards in live-output recording file name
+ ReaScript: return 0 from GetFocusedFX() when last focused FX is not visible, update documentation for accuracy
Neutronic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 10:38 PM   #2
Neutronic

Quote:
+ ReaScript: return 0 from GetFocusedFX() when last focused FX is not visible, update documentation for accuracy
Thank you, this works! Though the updated doc should probably reflect the changelog and say something like "returns 0 if last focused FX is not visible/open" instead of "0 if no FX window has focus" to avoid future user reports.

Going back to the previous pre - there seems to be a mistake in the doc for the updated GetLastTouchedFX():
Quote:
For track FX, the low 24 bits of fxnumber refer to the FX index in the chain, and if the next 8 bits are 0x100, then the FX is record FX.
In practice, fxnumber>>24 returns 0x1, but the high word gets you 0x100.

It took me a moment to figure it out so I thought I'd better mention it.

Last edited by Neutronic; 05-24-2019 at 01:14 AM.
Neutronic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 12:46 AM   #3
akademie

Quote:
Oh Jesus, no well, actually Justin , that's great. Thank you.
akademie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 05:03 AM   #4
Breeder

Guys, sorry for posting this here, but you recently revamped envelope options and here's something that seems like an oversight

In the action list there's an option:
Code:
Options: Automatically insert automation item when activating envelope that is bypassed outside of automation items and not displayed in envelope lane
Which doesn't seem to work at all and is also not available in preferences under Editing Behavior->Automation
Can we consider this deprecated or you just forgot to include it during the revamp?

P.S.
After arranging my menus and shortcuts so everything works with automation items I decided to bypass underlying envelope completely and I love it! So much free space - I can finally breathe when using envelopes, lol.

I must consider this is a nice option. I would even love to have it working when free-hand drawing while underlying envelope is bypassed - the same way automation items are created when writing automation item with the controller.
Breeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 05:19 AM   #5
vitalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breeder View Post
Guys, sorry for posting this here, but you recently revamped envelope options and here's something that seems like an oversight...
No, it works as supposed to be: https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=204343
vitalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 05:28 AM   #6
schwa
Administrator

Quote:
Guys, sorry for posting this here, but you recently revamped envelope options and here's something that seems like an oversight

In the action list there's an option:
Code:
Options: Automatically insert automation item when activating envelope that is bypassed outside of automation items and not displayed in envelope lane
Which doesn't seem to work at all and is also not available in preferences under Editing Behavior->Automation
Can we consider this deprecated or you just forgot to include it during the revamp?
That option works as expected, as far as I can tell. It only affects what happens when the envelope is displayed in the media lane and there would otherwise be no way to know the envelope has been activated. With the preference enabled, an automation item is inserted; with the preference disabled, the envelope is displayed in its own lane, overriding the global preference for displaying new envelopes in lanes. It's not a very common use case.

schwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 07:09 AM   #7
Breeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitalker View Post
No, it works as supposed to be: https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=204343
Quote:
Originally Posted by schwa View Post
That option works as expected, as far as I can tell. It only affects what happens when the envelope is displayed in the media lane and there would otherwise be no way to know the envelope has been activated. With the preference enabled, an automation item is inserted; with the preference disabled, the envelope is displayed in its own lane, overriding the global preference for displaying new envelopes in lanes. It's not a very common use case.

Ok, I didn't read that description properly (skiped 'envelope lane' part is seems). Thank you for clarification - makes perfect sense now!
Breeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 07:27 AM   #8
vitalker

Quote:
Ok, I didn't read that description properly (skiped 'envelope lane' part is seems). Thank you for clarification - makes perfect sense now!
Me too! That's why I've written that post.
vitalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 12:38 PM   #9
musicbynumbers

Thanks devs!

Would love to see "/" being able to be used for recording folders so I could put my drums in a parent track called "drums" and all physical recordings would automatically go into a folder called "drums" too. Same for guitars etc too. Would be so tidy!