Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Compatibility

Old 08-27-2012, 11:46 PM   #81
ivansc
Human being with feelings

Opik - I hope you guys are ready to ship to the UK if my disk is wrong.

It went to my brother in the USA and he has just arrived in th UK with among other things my IKMM disks.

After all this wait, I may STILL not be abole to use what I bought.

*sigh*

Let us hope this wasnt every dern disk....
ivansc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 10:00 AM   #82
ArrowHead

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivansc View Post
Opik - I hope you guys are ready to ship to the UK if my disk is wrong.

It went to my brother in the USA and he has just arrived in th UK with among other things my IKMM disks.

After all this wait, I may STILL not be abole to use what I bought.

*sigh*

Let us hope this wasnt every dern disk....
Reports of wrong disks are just starting to pop up at KVR also. Sounds like it's not looking good for you.

IK should skip the support tickets and just go straight to issuing an apology and making the download files available for everyone that purchased this deal. In other words, post the solution before people even have a chance to fill out a support ticket.
ArrowHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 10:42 AM   #83
bear

Well, IK help sent me necessary info for download within 12 hours.. and it is all installed now. A bit painful, but I will give them a star for fast response.
bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 04:27 PM   #84
moreylc

I also got everything up and running. If you are doing it offline it is particularly challenging. One of the complicating factors that I ran into is that the T-racks serial number provided in the MF retail box was for a "legacy" product (like version 1) and what you download from the IK site is version 3...so the serial number provided on the sheet didn't work. However, when I registered T-racks IK sent me an email with an updated serial number--which unfortunately ended up in my spam folder. But, it can be done, and their customer support did respond within 24 hours, although given some of the complexities with this particular installation they might want to put together a more detailed description of the steps involved.
moreylc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 06:16 AM   #85
msuscorpio

Sorry to be late to the party but I just got my T Racks software from the stupid deal the other day and went to install last night. I also found that I had a MAC only disk. Do I have to create support ticket to get the installer download link?
msuscorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 06:47 AM   #86
bigwoody

Yep, open a support ticket at IK. Im still working to get the reverbs authorized on my offline computer but at least I got T-Racks working. I have a feeling that they are slammed at the moment.
Old 08-29-2012, 07:03 AM   #87
Andy Hamm

Does anyone have any latency/CPU usage numbers on these plugins? I usually don't like plugins that are made to look like rack gear, simply because the controls don't translate very well to a DAW, but if these don't weigh down the system too much, I might give them a shot at that price.
Andy Hamm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 08:10 AM   #88
msuscorpio

Yippy...gotta get the wife to send me my serial numbers from home...
Old 08-29-2012, 08:34 AM   #89
ArrowHead

I wonder how many more complaints would surface if this thread hadn't been buried in the wrong section by a Mod?

This really is a simple fix - as I suggested, they just need to post the download files publicly and let people know they're aware of the problem and where to go to get the correct files.

Pre-emptive action would be a lot better than "fill our a support ticket, get in line... NEXT!"

Especially in the case of a sale - which means many of those effected are new customers who could potentially be deterred from future purchases by this experience.

That's my last 2 cents about this. I don't want to seem like a hater towards IK and the folks here. I was just checking the thread daily to see if Woody managed to get up and running.
ArrowHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 08:39 AM   #90
msuscorpio

Being a former tech support/customer service rep in another life I can tell you for certain that their support guys would prefer to do just that rather than have to go through the same tickets over and over as it seems they are just gonna keep coming.
Old 08-29-2012, 09:22 AM   #91
KevinW

This post:
http://www.ikmultimedia.com/forum/vi...hp?f=13&t=4363

seems to provide clear instructions (if a bit tedious) about how to install Tracks standard that came with the MF bundle.
KevinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 09:40 AM   #92
bigwoody

Everything is loaded, running and authorized thanks to IK support. The instructions posted by Kevin came after I finished but they are pretty much right on. My final frustration was registering CSR. The only difference from the instructions for me was for some reason I did not have a "Legacy" option under the Products dropdown. What I did have was "MultiBox Product". When I selected this Guitar Center multibox and others showed up. When I followed this route I was able to match the serial and digital ID and get the right authorization code. I did mess around a bit last night with T-Racks and have to say it is pretty cool. I am going to compare some Masters that I have done with freeware and T-Racks and see what results. I am not a guru by any means, but know the critical importance of good mastering. Final note, I really did not intend to open a big can of whoop-ass on IK Multimedia, and ultimately they did resolve the issue, but as you can tell it was pretty frustrating.
Old 08-29-2012, 11:36 AM   #93
ObiK

Thanks for bearing with us and I'm glad support was able to help you. Let us know how you like T-Racks and CSR! I personally use the CSR Plate on EVERYTHING. I really love plates, especially the vintage preset!
Old 08-29-2012, 12:38 PM   #94
moreylc

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinW View Post
This post:
http://www.ikmultimedia.com/forum/vi...hp?f=13&t=4363

seems to provide clear instructions (if a bit tedious) about how to install Tracks standard that came with the MF bundle.
Those instructions might work for online registration, but the process is a bit different (read: worse) for offline registration. However, one thing those instructions will do is tell you how to download the installation files, which is what has been missing for many of us, without needing to contact CS.
moreylc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 10:32 AM   #95
politcat

TRacks meters...

anybody know what the technical difference between PERCEIVED LOUDNESS and RMS?

i've haven't seen this PERCEIVED LOUDNESS meter anywhere else

(the loudness suggestion settings are interesting. not exactly what i have found in my experience)

thx!

edit: got my answer... PERCEIVED LOUDNESS meter is based on freq content weighting. makes sense

Last edited by politcat; 09-02-2012 at 10:42 AM.
politcat is offline   Reply With Quote