Old 04-20-2022, 09:38 PM   #1
NickNewbee
Human being with feelings

Default CPU Off the chain

Hey all I'm relatively new to Reaper so my mate with a similiar computer helped me set up some templates to have immediately dialed in 'dirty delay' and 'tremelo' guitar tones, and cool synth sounds, etc.

When I run a few of them at a time, the CPU goes super high, like 16% for one 'dirty delay' guitar and for some reason, the piano can go hgher than 100%. Now we all know that's not possible because you can't go higher than 100%. You can never give anything 110%, but this piano track has not yet become sentient so doesn't understand the natural laws of mathematics and the known universe.

Anyway, on my mate's system they all sit at aorund 4-5% each track so not sure why this is. Is it karmic payback for past misdeeds? Or is it cos the music sucks and I should just quit?

It's frustartong cos I have to bounce to an mp3 and then listen on another device just to realise, yeah, bass can come up a nadge.

Has anyone else experienced these stoopidly high CPU usages and is there an easy work around?

I followed the Reaper blog on YouTube's advice of bouncing them down to a locked in WAV track but that didn't help
NickNewbee is offline   Reply With Quote