Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > newbieland

Old 02-09-2020, 12:00 PM   #1
joemattson
Human being with feelings

Default reamping bass track / Amplitube

I'm trying to use Amplitube3 on an existing bass track. Can I use this without having to send it back out of my interface? Can I route the existing track to record as a new track with Ampitube running in the FX? If so, how? I've been reading and watching tutorials, but have not found anything relevant yet.

MAC/REAPER5.99/64 Saffire Pro40
joemattson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 02:36 PM   #2
domzy

it sounds like you just need to apply the FX to the bass track. Amplitube is a plugin and if you are just gonna use this there shouldn't need to be any re-amping involved ( which is process that involves using an actual amp outside the computer).
Lots of ways to apply an effect to a track, simplest is probably to right click on the bass part & "apply fx as new take"
domzy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 01:30 PM   #3
joemattson

Quote:
Originally Posted by domzy View Post
it sounds like you just need to apply the FX to the bass track. Amplitube is a plugin and if you are just gonna use this there shouldn't need to be any re-amping involved ( which is process that involves using an actual amp outside the computer).
Lots of ways to apply an effect to a track, simplest is probably to right click on the bass part & "apply fx as new take"
I added it to the FX on the track, and it doesn't do anything. All the reading I've done lead me to believe Amplitube only works on an input signal. I couldn't find any info on using it as an FX afterword.
Old 02-10-2020, 01:42 PM   #4
przemak

Quote:
Originally Posted by joemattson View Post
I added it to the FX on the track, and it doesn't do anything. All the reading I've done lead me to believe Amplitube only works on an input signal. I couldn't find any info on using it as an FX afterword.
Maybe it's an expired demo or sth?
przemak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 02:53 PM   #5
Stella645

Quote:
It's just like any other FX. Add it on track with audio and it effects that audio.

Are other plugins working when you load them in the same way?
Stella645 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 03:25 PM   #6
Dr. Who

Quote:
As others have pointed out, it is just a VST effect. I have used it in the way described before changing it for other amp plugins that I prefer. What amp models etc are you selecting?
Dr. Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 06:38 PM   #7
joemattson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Who View Post
As others have pointed out, it is just a VST effect. I have used it in the way described before changing it for other amp plugins that I prefer. What amp models etc are you selecting?
I'm working on a bass track that I recorded direct. I was hoping to use the Ampeg SVT head to beef it up a bit, but its not working.
Old 02-11-2020, 02:14 AM   #8
Stella645

Quote:
I'm working on a bass track that I recorded direct. I was hoping to use the Ampeg SVT head to beef it up a bit, but its not working.
Do other FX work when added in the same way?

Screencaps, demo project, description of exactly what you're doing will get you to a solution quicker than simply repeating that it's not working.
Stella645 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 02:30 AM   #9
Dr. Who

Quote:
As pointed out by Stella, if people are to help, we need details of why it is not working hence my request of what amp models you have loaded in amplitude as well as requests from others....
Dr. Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 01:21 PM   #10
joemattson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Who View Post
As pointed out by Stella, if people are to help, we need details of why it is not working hence my request of what amp models you have loaded in amplitude as well as requests from others....
I figured it out, and feel a bit dumb about it. I launched the AU version earlier. I launched the VST version, and it's working fine.