Old 02-12-2022, 05:25 PM   #3041
USR
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loulou92 View Post
The cycle action editor is kind of broken since the update to 6.47. Might have to do with the action overhaul. Any action I try to add from the action list to a cycle action is not recognized anymore.
It's the same here on Mac as well. Every action inserted via the "Add Selected Action (in the Actions window)" command shows "0 Unknown". I use "v2.12.1.3 98b2dbb9".
USR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2022, 08:30 PM   #3042
WaterWaterTasmania

Default Is there a way to export all my SWS Notes text to a text file?

I've been making edit notes on a client project by inserting empty items and then adding notes to the items using the S&M Notes feature. Unfortunately I'm now not sure how to export them all - I'm imagining there must be a way I can export them as a text document with timecode or something? I can see there's an action to export to an SRT file, which isn't quite what I want, and in any event seems just to export an empty SRT file.
Surely that's something others have needed? (Though my Googling hasn't thrown up any examples of that).
WaterWaterTasmania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2022, 10:37 AM   #3043
nofish

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaterWaterTasmania View Post
I've been making edit notes on a client project by inserting empty items and then adding notes to the items using the S&M Notes feature. Unfortunately I'm now not sure how to export them all - I'm imagining there must be a way I can export them as a text document with timecode or something? I can see there's an action to export to an SRT file, which isn't quite what I want, and in any event seems just to export an empty SRT file.
Surely that's something others have needed? (Though my Googling hasn't thrown up any examples of that).
Not readily available (that I know of), but I think it's doable with a script, so maybe you have luck asking in the scripts forum.
nofish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2022, 10:42 AM   #3044
X-Raym

@WaterWaterTasmania
I have some export text items to SRT in my free reapack repo.

I don't see any script to export as simple timecode + notes on single line, but there is more advanced system like https://www.extremraym.com/downloads...s-html-export/ which has notes as export, + timecode, + color etc, with filterable color and from a which a simpler CSV can be re-exported if needed.

Else, it can also be scripted of course for your exact desired format
X-Raym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2022, 08:51 PM   #3045
WaterWaterTasmania

Default S&M Notes font size? Issue closed on GitHub but not incorporated in SWS

I'm admittedly not really that clear on how Github works etc, but I've been looking around to figure out whether it's possible to increase the font size in S&M notes, and from what I can tell there is an issue in which this was resolved in May 2021 (https://github.com/reaper-oss/sws/pull/1537). But then I see the most recent version of SWS I can download was from February 2021. So does that mean this is a feature that will be in a future release of SWS? Or is there some other way I can get that feature working?
Old 02-16-2022, 10:20 PM   #3046
cfillion

Quote:
I'm admittedly not really that clear on how Github works etc, but I've been looking around to figure out whether it's possible to increase the font size in S&M notes, and from what I can tell there is an issue in which this was resolved in May 2021 (https://github.com/reaper-oss/sws/pull/1537). But then I see the most recent version of SWS I can download was from February 2021. So does that mean this is a feature that will be in a future release of SWS? Or is there some other way I can get that feature working?
It's in the latest pre-release (v2.13): https://www.sws-extension.org/download/pre-release/.
cfillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2022, 03:21 PM   #3047
WaterWaterTasmania

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfillion View Post
It's in the latest pre-release (v2.13): https://www.sws-extension.org/download/pre-release/.
Thank you for this reply. I've installed the pre-release, but I can't see any way to increase the font size in the note feature. Is there another place I'm supposed to change that setting?
Old 02-17-2022, 07:15 PM   #3048
nofish

Quote:
Thank you for this reply. I've installed the pre-release, but I can't see any way to increase the font size in the note feature. Is there another place I'm supposed to change that setting?
You need to open S&M.ini in your <REAPER resource path> with a text editor and add a line manually:
https://github.com/reaper-oss/sws/is...ment-958016126
Old 03-01-2022, 01:47 AM   #3049
ccdsache

Default Feature Request:can i preview take under mouse through item fx and track fx

yeah, i found the SWS/BR: Toggle preview media item under mouse through track, but it didn't go through the item fx,so, is there any way can preview item/take through both track fx and item fx ? thx!!!

Last edited by ccdsache; 03-01-2022 at 07:31 PM.
ccdsache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2022, 11:23 AM   #3050
mattrglenn

Default Arming/Disarming Send Envelopes

Hey there, Reaper braintrust!

My mixing workflow involves automation much of the time. I've got keyboard shortcuts which allow me to show/hide and arm/disarm the volume, pan, and plugin envelopes for selected tracks. The show/hide commands are built-in to reaper (e.g., action 40406), while the arm/disarm ones are SWS (e.g., _S&M_TGLARMVOLENV).

I'm not quite sure why, but an action to arm/disarm send volume envelopes doesn't seem to exist in the actions list, either built-in or SWS. I can show/hide send envelopes with…

Code:
_BR_T_SHOW_SEND_ENV_VOL_SEL_TRACK
…but I cannot arm them without using a mouse.

Weirdly, when I try to get around this by arming all active envelopes with…

Code:
_S&M_TGLARMALLENVS
…the command ignores the send envelopes completely.

I'm curious if anyone has found a workaround for this, or if there's some underlying structure in Reaper's code that prevents this action from working.

Thanks in advance!
mattrglenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2022, 11:12 PM   #3051
horriblemind

Is there any way to delete SWS from Mac completely? I cannot use Reaper properly now after I tried SWS extension with iLogic theme. I deleted the files that I had copied, but after I imported backup configuration it still looks like there are traces of that extension somewhere. Please help.
horriblemind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2022, 11:45 PM   #3052
cfillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by horriblemind View Post
Is there any way to delete SWS from Mac completely? I cannot use Reaper properly now after I tried SWS extension with iLogic theme. I deleted the files that I had copied, but after I imported backup configuration it still looks like there are traces of that extension somewhere. Please help.
What problem has the extension caused? Not seeing any traces of SWS in that screenshot. The missing toolbar icons (and evaluation license ) are unrelated.
Old 03-09-2022, 11:55 PM   #3053
horriblemind

Quote:
What problem has the extension caused? Not seeing any traces of SWS in that screenshot. The missing toolbar icons (and evaluation license ) are unrelated.
Thank you!
There were missing toolbar icons after I removed SWS content. I just reset the toolbars and works as it should now.
horriblemind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2022, 02:16 AM   #3054
ymaresz

Default tempo/time signature in region playlist

Hello

Is there a way to have SWS region playlist to include tempo/time signature info when doing "Paste playlist at edit cursor" or "Append playlist to project" ?

Thanks
Yan
ymaresz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2022, 09:03 PM   #3055
PitchSlap

Default Resources: Add Date Column (for sorting)

I finally discovered the Resources feature after all these years.

It would be very helpful if there was a column for the date (modified/created), that way it's super easy to sort FXchains/Track Templates/filter results etc by date to quickly find the newest or oldest ones.

With a lot of chains/templates I often end up using Explorer to sort by date but I'd love to be able to do it from a docked window.
Old 04-23-2022, 04:00 PM   #3056
captaincurrie

Default SWS: Scroll Right doesn't seem to work

Hello,

I'm trying to use _SWS_SCROLL_R10 or _SWS_SCROLL_R1, the commands to scroll
the arrange area to the right by 10 or 1 percent respectivly. These do not seem to do anything.
However the corresponding commands to scroll to the left do work. Is this a bug? Is there something
weird about scrolling to the right that i don't understand?

Thank you
captaincurrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2022, 05:05 PM   #3057
rdesanti

Default Lost Auto Color extention!

So I updated to the 2021 SWS today, found out it was the same as what I had. But now I lost SWS add ons I had before! I need auto color back! How do I do that? Here is what pops up now. See pics.
RESOLVED!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SWS 2 Screenshot at May 03 16-45-37J.jpg (19.5 KB, 175 views)
File Type: jpg SWS Screenshot at May 03 16-42-02-J.jpg (23.8 KB, 163 views)
--Mac Mini, 3 GHz 2 core i7 CPU, 16GB RAM, OSX Catalina V10.15.7 Crucial 1TB primary SSD, 500GB Samsung T5 SSD ext Audio drive,dual 27" displays, Reaper 64 bit latest, SSL 2+ interface, Mackie MR8 Mk 3 8" Monitors and Mackie VLZ 1404 mixer. 30 years in Audio.

Last edited by rdesanti; 05-10-2022 at 01:51 PM. Reason: SOLVED
rdesanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2022, 06:40 PM   #3058
cfillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdesanti View Post
So I updated to the 2021 SWS today, found out it was the same as what I had. But now I lost SWS add ons I had before! I need auto color back! How do I do that? Here is what pops up now. See pics.
Click on "Allow Anyway" in System Preferences > Security & Privacy after launching REAPER once to allow SWS to be loaded.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ymOax9qFQY&t=181s
Old 05-04-2022, 02:45 AM   #3059
Daodan

Hi. Recently the contextual toolbar in arrange view started opening with a noticeable delay. Could you please take a look at this? https://github.com/reaper-oss/sws/issues/1632
Daodan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2022, 07:10 AM   #3060
ovnis

Is it a bug with "close All FX chain Windows"?

I can't close input FX window.

Last edited by ovnis; 05-11-2022 at 07:18 AM.
ovnis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2022, 12:05 PM   #3061
nofish

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovnis View Post
Is it a bug with "close All FX chain Windows"?

I can't close input FX window.
Action probably needs to be updated as it was done way before input FX exist.
Old 05-18-2022, 10:54 AM   #3062
Jazzooka

Default SWS Color Management broken on Silicon Mac?

Hi,

Fan & supporter of SWS extensions here.

Did the move to Silicon Mac some time ago, it seems the SWS Color Management is not working :

You can click on the colors to open the color raster, but selecting them does not change the color.
Also tried drag & dropping.

"Set custom colors" does not allocate the selected colors either.

Maybe this is known,

Best

J
Old 05-18-2022, 10:59 AM   #3063
cfillion

Which version of SWS are you using? SWS 2.13 pre-release has a fix for custom colors not being saved on macOS 10.14 and newer.
Old 05-18-2022, 11:01 AM   #3064
Jazzooka

Quote:
Which version of SWS are you using? SWS 2.13 (pre-release: https://www.sws-extension.org/download/pre-release/) has a fix for custom colors not being saved on macOS 10.14.
Thanks cfillion. I was using 2.12 until today, but tried the latest pre-release prior to posting here, v : 2.13.1.0, and no-go.
Old 05-24-2022, 06:10 PM   #3065
fakemaxwell

Is "SWS/BR: Play from mouse cursor position and solo track under mouse for the duration (perform until shortcut released)" supposed to also unmute every track in a project? It's causing me big slowdowns on heavy projects where I have a lot of things muted to not process them.

Unless this is required for the script to work, it seems like an extra unnecessary step to unmute everything just to solo one track.
fakemaxwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2022, 11:22 AM   #3066
limeopolis

Any chance an action to apply auto-color/track icons to only the selected tracks can be added? Also submitted it as a feature request in github
limeopolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2022, 08:37 AM   #3067
ovnis

Hi,

None of theses actions (they seem the same, too!)

work with :

Attached Images
File Type: png dhxLSvxBnr.png (2.7 KB, 1167 views)
File Type: png reaper_7Io1jE4ETs.png (7.8 KB, 1198 views)
Old 06-14-2022, 02:22 PM   #3068
ovnis

"Wait 0.1/1 seconds before next action" seem not to work with cycle action.
Old 06-16-2022, 11:34 PM   #3069
PelF

Can you check this action?

Xenakios/SWS: Render Item to New Take With Tail

I need to render items with a set tail length, but it seems that this action only render the same length of the item. Or am I doing something wrong?
Thanks a lot!
PelF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2022, 07:40 AM   #3070
nofish

Quote:
Originally Posted by PelF View Post
Can you check this action?

Xenakios/SWS: Render Item to New Take With Tail
I've been briefly looking at the source code for this action, it seems it acts the same as if you set 'Preferences > Rendering > Default tail length' temporarily to some value (via the input dialog) and then do action: 'Item: Render items to new take'.
Not sure if it's intended on Reaper side that tail length is obviously not applied when doing this or not.

But couldn't you instead use Render dialog: Source: Selected media items, in this case the tail setting Preference is applied I think.
Old 06-22-2022, 12:20 AM   #3071
PelF

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofish View Post
But couldn't you instead use Render dialog: Source: Selected media items, in this case the tail setting Preference is applied I think.
Thank you for the advice. But I need the rendered items to stay in their positions in the project and have a short tail at the beginning and end. I was hoping that this action would do that.
PelF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2022, 04:52 AM   #3072
TomVY

I'm trying to nudge the volume of a selected track down/up with a key command, and have another track follow it with reverse volume. 'Zenakios/SWS: nudge volume of selected tracks' works fine for the selected track. But why is the other track that should be reversing volume, not? I've set the nudge to 0.5 dB too. Reaper has a defult action too, which was recently fixed to work with reverse volume. But I don't want to nudge a track 0.1 dB or 1 dB. 0.5 dB is what I need. Hope someone can help. Thanks.
TomVY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2022, 03:44 AM   #3073
cool

Hi guys. Thank you for Extension, I'm glad to use these actions, I'm glad that you (without exaggeration) have already become a part of Reaper.

Bug report (and I hope I'm in the right place for this). The "SWS/AW: Fill gaps between selected items (quick, no crossfade)" (_SWS_AWFILLGAPSQUICK) action works fine under normal conditions, but if the item's Ratio is not 1.0, the action shifts the items.

Example: I cloned track after quantization. The top track is the original track, the middle track is after manual editing (I expanded the item by dragging the edge), the bottom track is the _SWS_AWFILLGAPSQUICK action work.

cool is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2022, 04:49 AM   #3074
nofish

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool View Post
(and I hope I'm in the right place for this)
Please repost on the SWS issue tracker (link to your post here in the report will suffice), so the reports don't get buried here in this long running thread.
Thanks.
Old 07-19-2022, 09:55 AM   #3075
enekbenek

hello,
Extention menu disappeared after switch to 6.64.
hw: ARM m1 , OS 12.4
If switch back to 6.63 menu will back as well.
enekbenek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2022, 07:38 AM   #3076
Geoff Waddington

Just upgraded Reaper to 6.64 and OS to 12.5.

Can't drag SWS 2.12.13 dylib to folder, looks like a signing issue.
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2022, 10:27 AM   #3077
nofish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Waddington View Post
Just upgraded Reaper to 6.64 and OS to 12.5.

Can't drag SWS 2.12.13 dylib to folder, looks like a signing issue.
This helps?
https://forum.cockos.com/showpost.ph...5&postcount=10
Old 07-30-2022, 10:45 AM   #3078
ovnis

nofish, what do you think about that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovnis View Post
Hi,

None of theses actions (they seem the same, too!)

work with :

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovnis
Old 07-30-2022, 01:30 PM   #3079
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofish View Post
Thanks, working now, but wondering why it just showed up after upgrading from 12.4 to 12.5 and Reaper to 6.64, that post is from 2019.

Perhaps it has something to do with the SWS filename, I had to change it in the terminal line.

Code:
~/Library/Application\ Support/REAPER/UserPlugins/reaper_sws_extension.dylib
Code:
~/Library/Application\ Support/REAPER/UserPlugins/reaper_sws-arm64.dylib

Last edited by Geoff Waddington; 07-30-2022 at 01:43 PM.
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2022, 09:52 AM   #3080
ovnis

"Since the native action also doesn't work in the cases you mentioned* I suggest you do a report in the Reaper bug forum for it."
I have reported the bug.
https://forum.cockos.com/showthread....46#post2582346

And about this issue?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovnis