Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > newbieland

Old 01-28-2022, 08:31 AM   #1
kgbeat
Human being with feelings

Default Template v Master Project

Is there any difference between a Project and a Template?

In that, if I create a Project and add all the tracks, instruments and FX that I use the most etc, I can then save that as a Master Project. This can then be opened for every new project and saved to a new project name.

But I could also save it as a Template. This could be opened in the same way and saved to a project name just the same.

Do both these options give me the same thing in terms of a working project please?
kgbeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2022, 04:46 PM   #2
nicholas
Scribe

The two options are very similar, but with subtle differences, especially to do with file management.

If you File, Save project as... with an existing project, by default your new project will be saved into the same folder as the existing one, unless you take care to change this in the Save dialog. You should also check options for saving/copying media files.

If you create a new file from a template, when you save, by default the option to create a new project directory will be enabled.
nicholas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2022, 11:19 AM   #3
kgbeat
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholas View Post
The two options are very similar, but with subtle differences, especially to do with file management.

If you File, Save project as... with an existing project, by default your new project will be saved into the same folder as the existing one, unless you take care to change this in the Save dialog. You should also check options for saving/copying media files.

If you create a new file from a template, when you save, by default the option to create a new project directory will be enabled.
Ok thank you.
kgbeat is offline   Reply With Quote