Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Q&A, Tips, Tricks and Howto

Old 07-29-2017, 03:02 PM   #1
SciFiArtMan
Human being with feelings

Default How to remove resizing options from position handle?

How can I remove the resizing/zooming option from the scroll bar handles in the MIDI window?

I tend to use the MIDI edit window in full horizontal zoom (for precision), and when I do that the horizontal scroll bar handle becomes tiny and 66% of the handle space now activates track zooming, so I often end up zooming in/out of the horizontal view instead of grabbing the handle for repositioning - and this drives me crazy! Thanks!

Last edited by SciFiArtMan; 08-01-2017 at 07:01 AM.
SciFiArtMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 06:21 AM   #2
SciFiArtMan

Removing zooming option from MIDI edit window scroll bar handles

I'm shocked this isn't a standard and well-known complaint that hundreds have been asking how to fix!?! This is such a HUGE pain, for me - I don't see how anyone can tolerate it! Maybe no one else has this turned on, and I've activated some dreaded effect that has no fix. Woe is me...

Let me see if I can attach a screenshot to make my request more understandable and clear.

A bonus to anyone who can tell me how to make the mouse wheel control the horizontal scroll bar, in the MIDI edit window (as opposed to controlling the zooming function, as it is now) (Reaper seems zoom-happy, to me!!!)

Thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Reaper Position Handle Issue3.jpg (35.2 KB, 202 views)

Last edited by SciFiArtMan; 08-01-2017 at 06:51 AM.
SciFiArtMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 11:08 AM   #3
cyrilfb

Default How to use mousewheel to horizontal scroll midi

Quote:
Originally Posted by SciFiArtMan View Post
Removing zooming option from MIDI edit window scroll bar handles
A bonus to anyone who can tell me how to make the mouse wheel control the horizontal scroll bar, in the MIDI edit window (as opposed to controlling the zooming function, as it is now) (Reaper seems zoom-happy, to me!!!)
Click actions in the main menu and select "Show action list". Select "MIDI Editor" from the Section drop down.
In the filter box, type "zoom horizontal".
You will see several different selections. Some may already have mouse wheel shortcuts.
You can add a mouse wheel shortcut by clicking on the one you want, then clicking "Add" in the Shortcuts box. if you move the mousewheel, it will become tied to that zoom. Or you can hold down (shift, Alt, Control) a special key and move the mousewheel. Once you hit OK, you are in business.
The window will warn you if the mousewheel action is already selected but you can ignore that if you don't care.

Good Luck!

EDIT... Sorry I did not understand your request. Filter for "Horizontal Scroll" instead of zoom.
cyrilfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 11:20 AM   #4
solger

Quote:
Originally Posted by SciFiArtMan View Post
[b]A bonus to anyone who can tell me how to make the mouse wheel control the horizontal scroll bar, in the MIDI edit window (as opposed to controlling the zooming function, as it is now)
Horizontal Scrolling in the MIDI Editor is by default assigned to Alt-Key + MouseWheel.
The corresponding Action in the Action List - [MIDI Editor] Section is View: Scroll horizontally (MIDI relative/mousewheel).

Last edited by solger; 08-01-2017 at 11:28 AM.
solger is offline   Reply With Quote