Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > newbieland

Old 07-10-2019, 06:49 PM   #1
Ory C
Human being with feelings

Default Anyone using SSD5 Free plugin (win)?

Hi All.
This is my first time on the Reaper forum.

I've not yet recorded much using Reaper as I am hoping to use a drum plugin to start off. I've loaded the Steven Slate 5 Free drum plug-in but I'm having trouble working out how to get the plug-in up in Reaper.
Anyone using SSD5 free plugin with Reaper.
Ory C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 07:45 PM   #2
wolfdogg

Not I.. but they all work the same. What problem are you having?
wolfdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 11:03 AM   #3
toddhisattva

Default Kit Deluxe Construct Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ory C View Post
Hi All.
This is my first time on the Reaper forum.

I've not yet recorded much using Reaper as I am hoping to use a drum plugin to start off. I've loaded the Steven Slate 5 Free drum plug-in but I'm having trouble working out how to get the plug-in up in Reaper.
Anyone using SSD5 free plugin with Reaper.
I had trouble until I figured out you gotta "Construct Kit" and double click "Deluxe 2 Free Edition" to load up the samples.

After that it's great!
toddhisattva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 05:28 PM   #4
BobbyS

I got it in Reaper yesterday no prob. I just followed the install video on his site. Then point Reaper to where you saved ssd5.

after you get it into Reaper you might give this a look too, it's not real long. he goes kinda quick so a couple looks probable lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSE9...7jtocS&index=6

Last edited by BobbyS; 07-11-2019 at 05:56 PM.
BobbyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 06:50 AM   #5
Ory C

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyS View Post
I got it in Reaper yesterday no prob. I just followed the install video on his site. Then point Reaper to where you saved ssd5.

after you get it into Reaper you might give this a look too, it's not real long. he goes kinda quick so a couple looks probable lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSE9...7jtocS&index=6

Hi BobbyS.
Thanks for the link to the tutorial. But I still haven't worked out how get the GUI for SSD5 to show up in Reaper. I've directed Reaper to the SSD5 VSTs - I'm just not sure what I'm supported to do now to start using it. Should I create individual tracks in a project for each drum and cymbal available, or can I simply click a link and see the kit? I'm really flat footed here.

How do you actually see or open SSD5 in Reaper?

(Also thanks to the others who also responded. I did disappear after I posted my question as I was on family vacation, and while I thought I'd get time to work on learning and using Reaper - I had not time to myself - but great times were had. I did also have correspondence with Paul Hessing from Slate Digital earlier - Paul was a great help in some respects, But I don't want to bother him further with my issue as I think my issue is really just inexperience, and this is just their freebie. I do however feel like I may have contributed something here, as there was a typo in their download instructions for the Free version; previously it stated to select the 'Full Library' however Paul confirmed this was a typo and updated it...on July 10th....
But that is not the source of my inaptness with all these 1's and 0's).
Old 07-20-2019, 08:17 PM   #6
BobbyS

Quote:
Hi BobbyS.
Thanks for the link to the tutorial. But I still haven't worked out how get the GUI for SSD5 to show up in Reaper. I've directed Reaper to the SSD5 VSTs - I'm just not sure what I'm supported to do now to start using it. Should I create individual tracks in a project for each drum and cymbal available, or can I simply click a link and see the kit? I'm really flat footed here.

How do you actually see or open SSD5 in Reaper?

(Also thanks to the others who also responded. I did disappear after I posted my question as I was on family vacation, and while I thought I'd get time to work on learning and using Reaper - I had not time to myself - but great times were had. I did also have correspondence with Paul Hessing from Slate Digital earlier - Paul was a great help in some respects, But I don't want to bother him further with my issue as I think my issue is really just inexperience, and this is just their freebie. I do however feel like I may have contributed something here, as there was a typo in their download instructions for the Free version; previously it stated to select the 'Full Library' however Paul confirmed this was a typo and updated it...on July 10th....
But that is not the source of my inaptness with all these 1's and 0's).
did you watch the install video? If not, watch it and pay special attention to how to set up a Base Directory.

If you did that, you should be able to add a track and select the fx button (on the right side of the track)and a menu should open. you should be able to select VSTi under "All Plugins" in the left window and it should show SSD5 in the right side window.Click on SSD5 sampler and the whole kit should open.

oh, and if you don't get sound after getting the plugin open you might take a look here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJ8cdWZ-0MQ

Hope this helps

Last edited by BobbyS; 07-20-2019 at 10:05 PM.
Old 07-21-2019, 02:07 PM   #7
Ory C

Quote:
did you watch the install video? If not, watch it and pay special attention to how to set up a Base Directory.

If you did that, you should be able to add a track and select the fx button (on the right side of the track)and a menu should open. you should be able to select VSTi under "All Plugins" in the left window and it should show SSD5 in the right side window.Click on SSD5 sampler and the whole kit should open.

oh, and if you don't get sound after getting the plugin open you might take a look here:

Hope this helps
That's the ticket. I didn't realise I needed to create it within a track first - that is kind of skipped (or I plain missed it) in the SSD5 demos. I'll be sure to link the Base Directory.

Thanks again BobbyS. Very much appreciated.
Ory
Old 07-21-2019, 05:05 PM   #8
BobbyS

Quote:
That's the ticket. I didn't realise I needed to create it within a track first - that is kind of skipped (or I plain missed it) in the SSD5 demos. I'll be sure to link the Base Directory.

Thanks again BobbyS. Very much appreciated.
Ory
you are welcome.

it is like many other things that need serious searching out for what you are looking for. the other vid I linked with Hop Pole Studios goes into the routing and such which is really helpful

good luck!
Old 07-21-2019, 11:49 PM   #9
ivansc

Worth mentioning that when you want to insert ANY VST instrument, it is easiest just to right click in a blank area of the track data window (big blank area on the left) and select Insert virtual instrument in new track.
Reaper will then open a window showing all your virtual instruments and allow you to click on one.
Reaper then opens a new track with the VSTi inserted and all routing done for you.
Old 07-22-2019, 12:24 PM   #10
BobbyS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivansc View Post
Worth mentioning that when you want to insert ANY VST instrument, it is easiest just to right click in a blank area of the track data window (big blank area on the left) and select Insert virtual instrument in new track.
Reaper will then open a window showing all your virtual instruments and allow you to click on one.
Reaper then opens a new track with the VSTi inserted and all routing done for you.
Great info ivansc....thanks
Old 07-25-2019, 12:55 AM   #11
Ory C

Quote:

Hope this helps

Ok. BobbyS

Another big thanks. I've been slowly working through this after work and the link you provided got me over the last hurdle.
I'm all set for my next Reaper learnings.

Thanks again. Ory