Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > ReaScript, JSFX, REAPER Plug-in Extensions, Developer Forum

Old 01-19-2020, 03:00 PM   #81
akademie
Human being with feelings

bugs report

-type moo in the edit/search field
-move cursor to the beginnig (using left arrow key)
-then press Backspace key
-in edit/search fild there is now mooomoo
-you can repeat and it will continue...

and BTW, "Home" and "End" keys do not work in the edit/search field :-(

Also the mouse cannot be used to place a cursor to some positions in the edit/search field.
akademie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 03:51 PM   #82
X-Raym

Quote:
Originally Posted by akademie View Post
But ESC does the job here.
I can open script by shortcut key and then close the window using the ESC key.

Oops, for me too, maybe the script wasnt in focus but I was focusing the IDE ^^

@n0ne
Note that lokasenna GUI text field support all this common text field feature.

Maybe you can take inspiration from it, or just use the lokasenna GUI framework :P
X-Raym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 12:46 AM   #83
n0ne

Thanks for the feedback and bug report, should be fixed now! Also improved clearing on the textbox:

+ Fixed textbox bug
+ Improve textbox: use ctrl+backspace for deleting the last word, ctrl+shift+backspace to clear the field. Home and end work too!
n0ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 11:35 AM   #84
Zeno

seems not to work and causes a crash:
Quote:
;plugin_blacklist_regex=.+#.+ ; Hide all plugins with # in name
Zeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 12:42 PM   #85
n0ne

Are you getting any error message? The blacklist line you're quoting is still commented out btw. But still, that should not be crashing the script.
Old 01-20-2020, 01:03 PM   #86
Zeno

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0ne View Post
Are you getting any error message? The blacklist line you're quoting is still commented out btw. But still, that should not be crashing the script.
what do you mean, commented out?
yes, i'm getting an error message.
Old 01-20-2020, 01:08 PM   #87
n0ne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeno View Post
what do you mean, commented out?
yes, i'm getting an error message.
I'm guessing that you have your blacklist turned on but no entries added. The ';' at the beginning of the line comments the line out. So it is not active. Remove the ';' at the beginning of the line and hopefully it will work!
Old 01-20-2020, 01:31 PM   #88
Zeno

Quote:
So it is not active. Remove the ';' at the beginning of the line and hopefully it will work!
oh, man, I could have thought of that myself..
Thank you! Now everything works!
Old 01-22-2020, 10:32 AM   #89
Tone Ranger

Still really hoping for AU support for this script - what are the chances?? :-)
Tone Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 10:49 AM   #90
X-Raym

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tone Ranger View Post
Still really hoping for AU support for this script - what are the chances?? :-)
Very high IMHO as the list of AU fx is cache just like VST :P

@n0ne
The file for AU is

Quote:
reaper-auplugins64.ini

on mac :P
Old 01-22-2020, 11:37 AM   #91
Nantho

Hi nOne !

Thank you so much for this script, it's just amazing how useful it is.

I have a suggestion / request to make it even more fantastic. Is it possible to have a shortcut assigned to redo the last thing done with the script ?

This way, we could insert the same FX over and over to different tracks or fire the same action again and again. I think it could be very useful because sometimes you have actions that you don't use enough to assigned them to a true shortcut but you need to use them extensively from time to time
Nantho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 12:29 PM   #92
n0ne

Thanks X-Raym, was just looking on my macbook and saw that there are two files. Now I know which one to use. With some luck it will happen soon!

@Nantho, interesting idea! I see that reaper offers the option to repeat the last action or the one before that. Does anyone know if I could place the Begin and End undoblock commands in such a wat to make it repeatable with this action?

On another note, Nantho, did you realize you can insert the same fx on multiple channels by selecting more than one channel?
Old 01-22-2020, 01:40 PM   #93
Tone Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Raym View Post
Very high IMHO as the list of AU fx is cache just like VST :P
Quote:
With some luck it will happen soon!
Fantastic, many thanks to you both!! Loving this script, AU compatibility would be the icing on the cake for me! 👌
Old 01-22-2020, 01:48 PM   #94
n0ne

Hmmz I just updated a version that loads the AU fine but when trying to put the AU on a track it doesn't work. I tried au: fxname, fxname, au:fxname. Anybody know what I'm doing wrong?
Old 01-22-2020, 02:03 PM   #95
Nantho

Quote:
On another note, Nantho, did you realize you can insert the same fx on multiple channels by selecting more than one channel?
Yes and it's pretty cool

Although I don't know about you, but I use two hotkeys to navigate between tracks. When I'm mixing with a surface control and my keyboard it's really effective and I don't need to reach for the mouse but I can only select one track at a time or adjacent tracks so assigning the last inserted FX to a temporary shortcut could be very helpful to avoid the mouse
Nantho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 02:31 PM   #96
n0ne

Now also supporting Audio Units! Will add the tag on the next one!

cheers
Old 01-22-2020, 05:47 PM   #97
Tone Ranger

Quote:
Now also supporting Audio Units! Will add the tag on the next one!

cheers
YESSSS!!! Thanks so much @n0ne !! Fantastic news! 🍾🍻🥃
Old 01-22-2020, 05:50 PM   #98
X-Raym

@n0ne
maybe there is a 32 bits AU list cache file but Im sure you already checked :P
Old 01-22-2020, 06:07 PM   #99
Joe90

I've copied this script and renamed it to action finder, then edited the settings so I have a separate version that ONLY finds actions... it works really well, except I can't figure out how to blacklist all track templates. Is this possible n0ne?

I'd love to see you create a separate version of this script purely for the action menu, ideally that shows the assigned keyboard shortcut for actions and lets you reassign them, which is actually what I personally use the action menu for more than anything. If it showed toggle status too that would be even better.
Joe90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 04:16 AM   #100
X-Raym

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
I'd love to see you create a separate version of this script purely for the action menu, ideally that shows the assigned keyboard shortcut for actions and lets you reassign them, which is actually what I personally use the action menu for more than anything. If it showed toggle status too that would be even better.
This looks like just the action window then :P

I like that fast FX finder has minimal GUI for read-only type of functions. But sure, it is right click sub menu, then it will not clutter the GUI, though writing keyboard shortcuts to the keyboard mapping file can be a bit tricky.

@n0ne
I have sent some code to mespotine, handling FX chain for items takes with ultraschall API should be fixed soon :P
Old 01-23-2020, 10:36 AM   #101
creator31

Great update, n0ne! Seems to work well.

To work with audio units on my 32bit system, I edited my fx-finder-settings.ini file:

Code:
//au_ini_file=reaper-auplugins64.ini
au_ini_file=reaper-auplugins.ini
Thanks very much!
cr31
Old 01-23-2020, 11:54 AM   #102
Joe90

Quote:
This looks like just the action window then :P
Pretty much... yeah

I just like that n0ne's script pops up faster, intelligently auto-suggests, seems to search faster, and looks much cleaner.

Quote:
I like that fast FX finder has minimal GUI for read-only type of functions. But sure, it is right click sub menu, then it will not clutter the GUI, though writing keyboard shortcuts to the keyboard mapping file can be a bit tricky.
I agree on the minimal GUI, wouldn't want to detract from that. If there was a version dealing with actions only then the keyboard shortcut could be shown on the right where the plugin type is currently shown, so it should still look clean. I'm imagining that enter would execute the action just like FX Finder, and modifier+enter (or right click as you suggested) could let you change the shortcut by just bringing up the same shortcut change window that the action window brings up. Definitely not suggesting to put extra buttons on it or anything like that.

Just throwing it out there... If it existed then I'd certainly use it.
Old 01-23-2020, 03:12 PM   #103
Tone Ranger

This has been working fantastic, thanks again for the AU support!! Love how quickly I can get to the plugins I want now....

Quick question, is there a way to force the script to open the plugin GUI in the track's FX Chain window instead of the plugin's individual window?

Thanks in advance!
Old 01-23-2020, 07:09 PM   #104
yellowmix

Very cool script, thanks. It has an exclusive button on my mouse now.

There can be some optimizations to the blacklist, as it is not true POSIX regex. It's based on LUA's string.find pattern-matching: https://www.lua.org/manual/5.3/manual.html#6.4.1

You need not wrap terms in wildcards, which creates a greedy and less efficient search.

Code:
plugin_blacklist_regex=Mono.*%(Waves%)
plugin_blacklist_regex=%(x86%)
plugin_blacklist_regex=^FabFilter.*%.dll
To replicate REAPER's FX browser blacklisting with the pound symbol, it is more efficient to use the "start of line" anchor (caret symbol) instead of searching the entire string, which also lets it terminate earlier:

Code:
plugin_blacklist_regex=^#
yellowmix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 09:13 PM   #105
Joe90

The gui size option in the settings is great for HiDPI screens, thank you for including that as most scripts with gui's don't have any HiDPI compatibility.

However the actual typing font in the search field, and the FX type font is still tiny on a HiDPI screen. If there were a way to have all fonts and everything scale up with the gui size setting that would be brilliant.

Thank you!
Old 01-24-2020, 12:28 PM   #106
n0ne

Awesome guys, thanks!

@Tone Ranger: you can choose where your fx are shown in the settings file:
track_show_flag=3 ; 0 hidechain, 1 show chain, 2 hide floating, 3 for show floating window (default)

@Joe: The font should be resizing with the rest of the gui, is it not? Can you post a screenshot?
Old 01-24-2020, 01:15 PM   #107
Tone Ranger

Quote:
@Tone Ranger: you can choose where your fx are shown in the settings file:
track_show_flag=3 ; 0 hidechain, 1 show chain, 2 hide floating, 3 for show floating window (default)
Fantastic, thanks so much again, @n0ne !!
Old 01-24-2020, 02:59 PM   #108
Joe90

Quote:
Awesome guys, thanks!

@Joe: The font should be resizing with the rest of the gui, is it not? Can you post a screenshot?
I'm running a dev version and using 'multimonitor aware v2' HiDPI mode in Reaper, which is still experimental. Once I turned that off it was fine... so just ignore me!

Apologies.
Old 02-01-2020, 09:15 PM   #109
Joe90

Default Not focusing search box when docked?

Is anyone else running this script docked?

When I dock it there's an issue where the search field isn't focused unless I click on it first. Any idea why this might be?

Cheers.
Old 02-02-2020, 06:36 AM   #110
X-Raym

@n0ne
Does the script supports insert as track Input FX ?
Old 02-03-2020, 06:10 AM   #111
Zeno

request:
would it be possible to integrate a tag for fx category folders, so it is possible to search for @compressors for example?
Old 02-03-2020, 07:13 PM   #112
Joe90

Quote:

When I dock it there's an issue where the search field isn't focused unless I click on it first. Any idea why this might be?

Cheers.
Can anyone else confirm this? I'd love to have this script docked but this issue is currently stopping me from doing so, it'd be nice to know if it's just something weird at my end, or a bug that needs addressing.

Cheers!
Old 02-03-2020, 11:56 PM   #113
n0ne

Quote:

Cheers.
Is that a feature of opening scripts (or other windows) in a dock? I'm wondering if docked windows by default don't get keyboard focus and you have to click on them first. Does the window take any input? (Eg. When you open the window and press the spacebar does reaper start playing or does it go to the window). If so then it would be a bug in my scripts, otherwise I can't change it. Maybe there is an action to focus on the window?
Old 02-04-2020, 12:01 AM   #114
n0ne

@xraym it does not yet, but it should. I'll put it on the list!

@zeno interesting idea! It should be possible, let me think about it...
Old 02-04-2020, 01:29 AM   #115
Joe90

Quote:
Is that a feature of opening scripts (or other windows) in a dock? I'm wondering if docked windows by default don't get keyboard focus and you have to click on them first. Does the window take any input? (Eg. When you open the window and press the spacebar does reaper start playing or does it go to the window). If so then it would be a bug in my scripts, otherwise I can't change it. Maybe there is an action to focus on the window?
The window takes NO input when opened docked, all keyboard input goes straight to the main window until I mouse click on the search field.

I have the track manager docked in the same spot and that focuses the search field when opened, so it definitely works natively.

Just found another script that docks and is meant to open focused on a search field - me2beats 'searcher'. It has the same behaviour, when docked the search field doesn't focus until clicked, when undocked it does.

Assuming it's not just a weird issue with my system (which it could still be as no one else has reported this behaviour) then I wonder if its just a limitation of scripting? However, I did a bit of digging, and perhaps this is helpful? - https://forums.cockos.com/showthread.php?p=1941283

Thanks.
Old 02-04-2020, 03:30 AM   #116
georgemickel

Hi n0ne,

I've never edited or added a Repo to Reapack or something to a file such as this. This is very cool of you! I'm not in front of my studio pc, traveling by train to Chicago, please bear with me.

My question - Where is Reapack? Is it a folder inside the Reaper install folder? Do I copy and paste your code and an option to save it or just exit from the folder? I've never copied script/text and pasted it without knowing what risk or steps taken. I want to thank you again and to understand.

I get home later today, hopefully someone kind enough will explain it. I appreciate your help!

Kind regards,
George
georgemickel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 05:35 AM   #117
Joe90

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgemickel View Post
Hi n0ne,

I've never edited or added a Repo to Reapack or something to a file such as this. This is very cool of you! I'm not in front of my studio pc, traveling by train to Chicago, please bear with me.

My question - Where is Reapack? Is it a folder inside the Reaper install folder? Do I copy and paste your code and an option to save it or just exit from the folder? I've never copied script/text and pasted it without knowing what risk or steps taken. I want to thank you again and to understand.

I get home later today, hopefully someone kind enough will explain it. I appreciate your help!

Kind regards,
George
Download it here - https://reapack.com/

Install it, it should ask you to point it towards you Reaper directory, do that.

Once installed, you can access reapack repositories inside Reaper, and download awesome scripts like this one.
Old 02-04-2020, 06:55 AM   #118
georgemickel

Thanks Joe90!

I honestly don't know what to say, other than thank you so much for the information on ReaPack,the Repositories via Github...I'm speechless. The energy it must take and thoughtfulness is worth a donation to so many people, it's unbelievably generous!

Kind regards,
George

Last edited by georgemickel; 02-04-2020 at 09:17 PM. Reason: The generosity needs an edited update
georgemickel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 12:46 PM   #119
X-Raym

@n0ne
Setting FXchain to items via .fxchain file is now available via ultraschall API !

Here is a code exemple:

Code:
      retval, ItemStateChunk = reaper.GetItemStateChunk( item, '', false )
      FXStateChunk = ultraschall.LoadFXStateChunkFromRFXChainFile(fx_chain_path, 1) -- 1 is for take chain
      retval, alteredStateChunk = ultraschall.SetFXStateChunk(ItemStateChunk, FXStateChunk)
      reaper.SetItemStateChunk( item, alteredStateChunk, true )
Old 02-07-2020, 08:02 AM   #120
n0ne

Great, thanks! I'll add it asap!