Old 11-18-2020, 12:44 AM   #1
GaryG
Human being with feelings

Default Changing order of parameters?

I've been playing with TouchOSC on an old Android tablet and it's working well, nice smooth control with auto mapping of the currently selected plugins parameters.

All cool. What would be cooler would be to be able to change the order the parameters are displayed so you have the most used ones first. For example, I've found the ampsim I'm using presents a mix of input levels, channel selects, stereo mode switch etc first rather than gain, eq, master level etc that I use 99% of the time. I have to page across to the desired params everytime.

I know other DAWs allow this (Live lets you configure a plugin, dragging the params into any order), is there any way to emulate this in Reaper?

Thanks.
GaryG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2020, 01:43 AM   #2
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryG View Post
I've been playing with TouchOSC on an old Android tablet and it's working well, nice smooth control with auto mapping of the currently selected plugins parameters.

All cool. What would be cooler would be to be able to change the order the parameters are displayed so you have the most used ones first. For example, I've found the ampsim I'm using presents a mix of input levels, channel selects, stereo mode switch etc first rather than gain, eq, master level etc that I use 99% of the time. I have to page across to the desired params everytime.

I know other DAWs allow this (Live lets you configure a plugin, dragging the params into any order), is there any way to emulate this in Reaper?

Thanks.
You can do this with CSI, the thread is really long, but check the last few pages, we have just reached the version 1.0 milestone.

Here is a quick video showing complete customization of params using Touch OSC: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byqW...ature=youtu.be

[eidt] Check the end of the CSI thread, @Funkybot just posted a pic of his custom ValhallaVintageVerb mapping on an iPad using TouchOSC and CSI, you can't miss it, it's huge

Last edited by Geoff Waddington; 11-18-2020 at 01:49 AM.
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2020, 07:27 AM   #3
GaryG

Hi Geoff,

Thanks for that, I'll read the thread when I have five minutes to spare...

Sounds like this is just what I need so I'll install and dig in, get back to you later.

Cheers.
GaryG is offline   Reply With Quote