Old 11-15-2020, 07:31 AM   #1
Hrrrmit
Human being with feelings

Default OTR Trackpack sharing

Hi there, been browsing the internet to see if this exists anywhere but haven't found anything yet.

Been setting up my template using Storyteller's OTR (which is absolutely awesome and a must get if you are using Reaper for virtual orchestration).

The trackpack's are great as well, and I wondered if there was a forum for user made track pack sharing, and if not if it could be here? I've just made one for Spitfire's Alternative Solo Strings, and now moving over to the dreaded PLAY software.

Has anyone managed to set up the Hollywood libraries as a track pack, and would they be up for sharing if so? Also happy to share any of mine if anyone has any requests.

Thanks! Happy composing
Hrrrmit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 09:31 AM   #2
Hrrrmit

Default Hollywood Brass Gold

Attached hopefully is an OTR track template I made for Hollywood Brass Gold and Woodwind Gold. Nothing complicated, just picked the articulations I think work best for me, and all of these going to the Orchestral Hall.

Feel free to take and let me know if these are useful! I'm going to keep going through the whole of the Hollywood library and can keep sharing if people are interested.

FYI these aren't balanced yet. If possible I might even create a whole bunch of MIDI items that can go with these track packs that set the CC7 levels at the beginning to balance these out. I really despise having to do all of this so hopefully this will save a headache for someone else.

Hollywood Brass Track Template
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Ixh...ew?usp=sharing

Hollywood Solo Brass Track Template
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1u3v...ew?usp=sharing

Hollywood Woodwinds Track Template
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1E3U...ew?usp=sharing

Thanks!

Will

Last edited by Hrrrmit; 11-17-2020 at 09:44 AM.
Hrrrmit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 02:49 PM   #3
MIDIsince85

Default OTR + Reaticulate please feel free to share

Will thank you so much for this thread. I too really hope it gets some interest. I was tipped to this thread by Jonathan of Storyteller (developer of OTR) and having developed a fairly sophisticated REAPER project this year that handles a whole pile of live audio issues for twitch live streamers, I have become a real fan of the incredible hard work Jonathan has done in creating and supporting OTR especially all these years and particularly after deciding to change it to a free-or-pay pricing model from its original extremely reasonable price. I can remember seeing all these “no template is worth $200” (it was $189) posts from people in 2017 when he released it; and I can only assume those people by now have had a chance to see how much time it saves and their opinion has changed.

I’m probably a pretty typical REAPER user; I have a couple of sample libraries, a lot bundled or free VSTs, and a need probably much greater than I realize to cut down the amount of time I spend on setup of all that to more efficiently produce content. I am trying to figure out an approach that will tie all my sample, synth, and process choices into a unified template, and I see OTR as my best-bet approach. But wait! Another learning curve lol.

Jonathan at OTR put together a frankly magnificent array of walk through and tutorial videos to support OTR, but as all DAW users know, every use case is different.

Everything seems to boil down to learning. So I’d like to learn how to create that “perfect” template for my ragtag collection, and even though I haven’t got EWCC at this time, thanks Will for echoing OTR’s (ie Jonathan’s) ethos in offering OTR, and sharing.

I would throw in another wrinkle to up the efficiency and utility aspect: and that’s the incorporation of Reaticulate into the workflow. That would seem to be a super matchup with OTR.

SO all I have to do is learn how, and then do all of it lol. Please, continue!
MIDIsince85 is offline   Reply With Quote