Old 10-10-2018, 10:46 AM   #1
HugoRibeiroDotCom
Human being with feelings
 
HugoRibeiroDotCom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Earth
Posts: 933
Default My band's new video single!!!

Howdy folks!

Very proud to announce my band's new video which is part of our new upcoming album "Delusional Dimensions".

It was all produced and recorded in Reaper(but not mixed and mastered).
Hope you guys dig it.

Cheers

__________________
Get Real Live Drum Tracks @ www.hugoribeiro.com
Macbook Pro | Motu 8Pre (x2) | Apogee Duet 2
Sonor Drums | Sabian Cymbals | Remo Drumheads | Vater Drumsticks
HugoRibeiroDotCom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 07:08 AM   #2
karbomusic
Human being with feelings
 
karbomusic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 22,879
Default

I though that was Karen Carpenter singing there for a minute. Not my cup of tea but great video production and chops/mix etc. as usual.

Last edited by karbomusic; 10-11-2018 at 08:32 AM.
karbomusic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 08:30 AM   #3
doppelganger
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 269
Default

@HugoRibeiroDotCom
Nice drum playing and mixing is good too! \\m//
doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 12:35 PM   #4
BCF1
Human being with feelings
 
BCF1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: California
Posts: 486
Default

Kick ass as always !!!
BCF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 09:28 PM   #5
Cody.titus@gmail.com
Human being with feelings
 
Cody.titus@gmail.com's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Lakeland FL
Posts: 21
Default

Sweeeeet. Reminds me of fear factory and meshuggah. Im also into prog/djent/fusiony type music. Check me out if you dont mind bro.

https://youtu.be/Cv2iH4frOak
Cody.titus@gmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 06:01 AM   #6
Sambo Rouge
Human being with feelings
 
Sambo Rouge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Hertfordshire, England
Posts: 1,756
Default

Great drumming and mix.

Too bad about the guy with the sore throat.
__________________
If you can't beat 'em --- LEAVE.
Sambo Rouge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 05:37 AM   #7
HugoRibeiroDotCom
Human being with feelings
 
HugoRibeiroDotCom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Earth
Posts: 933
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by karbomusic View Post
I though that was Karen Carpenter singing there for a minute. Not my cup of tea but great video production and chops/mix etc. as usual.
hahaha.. thanks Karbo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by doppelganger View Post
@HugoRibeiroDotCom
Nice drum playing and mixing is good too! \\m//
Thank you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCF1 View Post
Kick ass as always !!!
Thank you! Appreciate it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cody.titus@gmail.com View Post
Sweeeeet. Reminds me of fear factory and meshuggah. Im also into prog/djent/fusiony type music. Check me out if you dont mind bro.

https://youtu.be/Cv2iH4frOak
Thanks! Yeah, you can say there's some FF and Meshuggah influence in there.
You stuff sounds F'ing killer!!! Damn!!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Sambo Rouge View Post
Great drumming and mix.

Too bad about the guy with the sore throat.
haha.. thanks Sambo!
__________________
Get Real Live Drum Tracks @ www.hugoribeiro.com
Macbook Pro | Motu 8Pre (x2) | Apogee Duet 2
Sonor Drums | Sabian Cymbals | Remo Drumheads | Vater Drumsticks
HugoRibeiroDotCom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 05:55 AM   #8
Coachz
Human being with feelings
 
Coachz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Charleston, SC USA
Posts: 5,194
Default

two resounding thumbs down
Coachz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 04:06 AM   #9
HugoRibeiroDotCom
Human being with feelings
 
HugoRibeiroDotCom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Earth
Posts: 933
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coachz View Post
two resounding thumbs down
Well, can't please everyone I guess!

cheers
__________________
Get Real Live Drum Tracks @ www.hugoribeiro.com
Macbook Pro | Motu 8Pre (x2) | Apogee Duet 2
Sonor Drums | Sabian Cymbals | Remo Drumheads | Vater Drumsticks
HugoRibeiroDotCom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 12:06 PM   #10
timothys_monster
Human being with feelings
 
timothys_monster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Xalapa, Mexico
Posts: 735
Default

I like the synth... seriously!
timothys_monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 01:00 PM   #11
Kihoalu
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Silicon Gulch
Posts: 527
Default

.

I think it gets the point across!!

I am looking for new Cinema/Vid camera for low-light use.

Might I ask what Camera(s) were used?

And what Video editor was used??

Yes... and get that guy some throat lozenges...
... I recommend Sucrets, with 500ml of 180 proof Cachaça as chaser.

.
__________________
Inundated by a Perfect Storm of Gluten-Free Artisanal Bespoke Pomegranite-Kale Toilet Paper.
Mahope Kakou (Later Dudes)...
Kihoalu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 01:02 PM   #12
karbomusic
Human being with feelings
 
karbomusic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 22,879
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kihoalu View Post
.

I think it gets the point across!!

I am looking for new Cinema/Vid camera for low-light use.

Might I ask what Camera(s) were used?

And what Video editor was used??

Yes... and get that guy some throat lozenges...
... I recommend Sucrets, with 500ml of 180 proof Cachaça as chaser.

.
I know the question isn't for me but I use DSLRs FWIW. Right now they allow me to do 4K UHD and 1080p/60fps. My main attraction with those is I already have the lenses and they allow shallow depth of field etc.
karbomusic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 07:20 PM   #13
Glennbo
Human being with feelings
 
Glennbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 2,743
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HugoRibeiroDotCom View Post
Howdy folks!

Very proud to announce my band's new video which is part of our new upcoming album "Delusional Dimensions".

It was all produced and recorded in Reaper(but not mixed and mastered).
Hope you guys dig it.
Very tight Hugo. Sounds like you are having some double bass fun! A bit heavier than my tastes, but sounds very even on the mix, and sooper tight. Good job man.
__________________
Glennbo
Soundclick - http://www.soundclick.com/glennbo
--
Glennbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 11:41 AM   #14
Dimaension X
Human being with feelings
 
Dimaension X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Massachusetts, USA
Posts: 833
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HugoRibeiroDotCom View Post
Well, can't please everyone I guess!

cheers
I wouldn't worry about it. I don't know why folks who just don't like metal even bother listening to it. It's like asking my mother to rate a Slayer album.

Sounds good to me - has a unique sound with the synths. I think bands are finally figuring out how to use synths in a heavy metal context, instead of just light ambient backgrounds or purely industrial music.
__________________
ThanX, Dimaension X
Dimaension X At YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCP...hp2XlawPUHmH-w
Free music downloads available in Contact Info
Dimaension X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 07:04 AM   #15
timothys_monster
Human being with feelings
 
timothys_monster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Xalapa, Mexico
Posts: 735
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimaension X View Post
I wouldn't worry about it. I don't know why folks who just don't like metal even bother listening to it. It's like asking my mother to rate a Slayer album.

Sounds good to me - has a unique sound with the synths. I think bands are finally figuring out how to use synths in a heavy metal context, instead of just light ambient backgrounds or purely industrial music.
Totally agree. Have you ever listened to No Spill Blood? Only drums, bass, synth and vocals. And they make one of the heaviest metal!
timothys_monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 03:46 AM   #16
ivansc
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Near Cambridge UK and Near Questembert, France
Posts: 17,894
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HugoRibeiroDotCom View Post
Well, can't please everyone I guess!

cheers

Speaking for myself, I find this stuff utterly un-musical, but I am an old fart.

Excellent job of the playing, recording and croaking.

One of these days all us old dinosaurs will be gone & you wont have to put up with us saying your stuff is a nasty noise.....

Sorry, but like I said, a damn good job of the vid and the track.
__________________
We are in a rudderless ship with a fool at the wheel who doesnt even realise it ain`t working any more
ivansc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 10:42 AM   #17
viscofisy
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Dalriada
Posts: 11,478
Default

Congrats Hugo on the standard of both the recording and the video.
Like karbo's productions, these would have been outside of the capability of all but the expensive studios just a few years ago.

I'm not into that style either ... but I did listen/watch 4 times, and sent links to people who would be into it.

Also, I saw this query and wanted to try help out (and for anyone else who's interested) :
_


Quote:
Originally Posted by Kihoalu View Post
.
I am looking for new Cinema/Vid camera for low-light use.

Might I ask what Camera(s) were used?
.
You don't need a low light camera - it's more High Contrast than Low Light camera work.

It can be filmed (on a black carpet) using a strong and well focused spotlight above the performer(s) ...

so strong that the camera highlights, at normal daytime settings, will be completely blown out.

You then close the camera sensitivity down mainly by using a high shutter speed, and also closing the aperture if needed.

As you adjust to higher shutter speeds, the blown highlights become perfect, while everything else becomes very dark, eventually black.

You can do this on any camera which has decent manual settings in video mode.

For example, I can do this with great results on a Panasonic GX7 - which can be got 2nd hand for maybe $200. The one I have cost £300 brand new, just as they were being discontinued.

_
viscofisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2018, 03:07 AM   #18
fred garvin
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 154
Default

Not really my thing either...

But DAMN that put a big happy smile on my face! A real fresh take on metal, to me at least, tasty playing over and above the de rigueur technical aspects, loved the synth, can't wait for the dance remix!

I wonder what the song's about? And I'm not trying to be a jerk... That song makes me happy, and I'm not quite sure why, which is one of my fav things in music.
fred garvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2018, 11:06 AM   #19
Dimaension X
Human being with feelings
 
Dimaension X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Massachusetts, USA
Posts: 833
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by timothys_monster View Post
Totally agree. Have you ever listened to No Spill Blood? Only drums, bass, synth and vocals. And they make one of the heaviest metal!
Just listened to the "White Out" Live Session - interesting. Kinda reminds me of Minsitry. I'll have to check out more.
__________________
ThanX, Dimaension X
Dimaension X At YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCP...hp2XlawPUHmH-w
Free music downloads available in Contact Info
Dimaension X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 04:54 AM   #20
HugoRibeiroDotCom
Human being with feelings
 
HugoRibeiroDotCom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Earth
Posts: 933
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by timothys_monster View Post
I like the synth... seriously!
Thanks Tim!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kihoalu View Post
.

I think it gets the point across!!

I am looking for new Cinema/Vid camera for low-light use.

Might I ask what Camera(s) were used?

And what Video editor was used??

Yes... and get that guy some throat lozenges...
... I recommend Sucrets, with 500ml of 180 proof Cachaça as chaser.

.
I have no clue! Not my area of expertise! haha..actually he does love cachaça!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennbo View Post
Very tight Hugo. Sounds like you are having some double bass fun! A bit heavier than my tastes, but sounds very even on the mix, and sooper tight. Good job man.
Thank you Glen! Means a lot coming from another drummer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimaension X View Post
I wouldn't worry about it. I don't know why folks who just don't like metal even bother listening to it. It's like asking my mother to rate a Slayer album.

Sounds good to me - has a unique sound with the synths. I think bands are finally figuring out how to use synths in a heavy metal context, instead of just light ambient backgrounds or purely industrial music.
Thanks so much! I'm not worried. This type of music isn't for everyone and I respect that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by timothys_monster View Post
Totally agree. Have you ever listened to No Spill Blood? Only drums, bass, synth and vocals. And they make one of the heaviest metal!
No but I will check them out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivansc View Post
Speaking for myself, I find this stuff utterly un-musical, but I am an old fart.

Excellent job of the playing, recording and croaking.

One of these days all us old dinosaurs will be gone & you wont have to put up with us saying your stuff is a nasty noise.....

Sorry, but like I said, a damn good job of the vid and the track.
haha.. thanks Ivan! No worries, these types of vocals aren't for everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by viscofisy View Post
Congrats Hugo on the standard of both the recording and the video.
Like karbo's productions, these would have been outside of the capability of all but the expensive studios just a few years ago.

I'm not into that style either ... but I did listen/watch 4 times, and sent links to people who would be into it.

Also, I saw this query and wanted to try help out (and for anyone else who's interested) :
Thank you so much! Thats a really big help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred garvin View Post
Not really my thing either...

But DAMN that put a big happy smile on my face! A real fresh take on metal, to me at least, tasty playing over and above the de rigueur technical aspects, loved the synth, can't wait for the dance remix!

I wonder what the song's about? And I'm not trying to be a jerk... That song makes me happy, and I'm not quite sure why, which is one of my fav things in music.
Thanks Fred! Means a lot!!!

This is what the song means:
« A newborn child is doomed and condemned to a failed existence. As a grown man, in the midst of anguish and despair of too many painful thoughts, he comes across an entrance to his inner self that leads him to a whole new virtual dimension, as in a videogame. He can only save himself by finding a way to stitch the seams of all the open wounds from his past and carry on with his destined path, in order to finally rest his soul. »

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimaension X View Post
Just listened to the "White Out" Live Session - interesting. Kinda reminds me of Minsitry. I'll have to check out more.
Yes, Ministry are the fathers of industrial metal. We just take it further with guitar solos and double bass drumming.
__________________
Get Real Live Drum Tracks @ www.hugoribeiro.com
Macbook Pro | Motu 8Pre (x2) | Apogee Duet 2
Sonor Drums | Sabian Cymbals | Remo Drumheads | Vater Drumsticks
HugoRibeiroDotCom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 02:16 AM   #21
smueske
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,145
Default

Sounds amazing! I've always digged your stuff. Top notch, for sure.
__________________
Steve
smueske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 04:36 PM   #22
Timothy Lawler
Human being with feelings
 
Timothy Lawler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,430
Default

Well done! Fine drum work. Liked the guitar solo starting at 2:12 - the lyrical style in the first part of it was a surprise and a nice moment, and the virtuoso playing following it was driving and smart.

Regarding the negative response and, more so, musical opinions in general, I'm reminded of a couple quotes about Bach I have always liked...

A member of the Arnstadt Council in 1705: 'If Bach continues to play in this way, the organ will be ruined in two years, or most of the congregation will be deaf.'

"A village organist on finding Bach playing his organ: 'This can only be the devil or Bach himself'."
__________________
Website
Youtube page
Timothy Lawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:48 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.