Old 12-05-2021, 02:23 PM   #1
astrogator
Human being with feelings

Default display shortcuts in action list ?

Is there a way to add a column with the programmed shortcuts in the action list? It's quite a hassle to have to click 'add' everytime to even find out IF there is a shortcut to an item. and of course to find out what the shortcut is, if there is one.
astrogator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2021, 02:31 PM   #2
Fergler

It may be there out of sight. I don't know what the default is but the categories can be rearranged:

Fergler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2021, 10:30 PM   #3
nicholas
Scribe

A couple more tips for you, if it helps:

- You can click on theShortcut header to bring all the actions with existing shortcuts to the top of the list.

- the command Help, Keybindings and mousemodifiers will open your web browser with a printable list of all shortcuts.
nicholas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2021, 05:48 AM   #4
astrogator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fergler View Post
It may be there out of sight. I don't know what the default is but the categories can be rearranged:
That is what I initially thought, and I rechecked just now, but the strange thing is: it's just not there. Only columns are 'description', 'state', 'Reascript path' and 'command ID' (had to right click to activate it, but there's no shortcuts item in the right-click list).
And no matter how far I extend the list horizontally (I have 3 monitors, so that's quite a long way) it's just not there..?... Only the little window under the list with the shortcut of an action I selected (I realise now I don't have to click 'add' to find out the shortcut, it shows up in that window when i just select it). I run Reaper on Windows, yours looks like Apple so maybe there's a difference?

Last edited by astrogator; 12-06-2021 at 05:54 AM.
Old 12-06-2021, 06:03 AM   #5
schwa
Administrator

try doing this

schwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2021, 03:57 PM   #6
astrogator

Quote:
Originally Posted by schwa View Post
try doing this

my hero! That did the trick! Would not have thought of that. Why is it not exposed in the first view when freshly installed, that's what I wonder, bedause I don't think I have hidden it with reorganising some time ago. And if it is (I can get forgetful, because then again it looks eerily familiar... but that could of course be from seeing it in the earlier response that shows it, ah, the multiple ways our minds and memory can trick us) why wouldn't there be a way to see there's still a hidden option there (why be able to hide it like that at all?!?!?)

Last edited by astrogator; 12-12-2021 at 05:46 AM.