Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Q&A, Tips, Tricks and Howto

Old 10-06-2017, 09:41 PM   #1
ijijn
Human being with feelings

Default Changes in plugin delay/latency value decaying slowly over time

Hi!

Apologies if this is covered elsewhere; I found a bunch of semi-related posts but nothing that hit this topic squarely.

Over the years I've noticed that when a plugin decreases its PDC setting, Reaper will gradually ramp down its reported delay to this value rather than change it suddenly. In contrast, increases in PDC are always instantaneous.

I've been doing some work on a MIDI plugin that introduces a delay of O(100,000,000) samples for playback but reduces it back to zero for live recording or when the transport is inactive. The plugin is working really well in general but every time after stopping playback, live input is effectively unavailable during this rather protracted period (i.e. a few minutes) of delay reduction.

Is it possible for this change to be expedited somehow, or is there perhaps a setting I'm using that forces this behaviour? I did some experimentation with various buffer options, without success.

Other DAWs that I've tested seem more aggressive in the way they reduce this value so it isn't a problem there.

Thanks for any thoughts.
ijijn is offline   Reply With Quote