Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Q&A, Tips, Tricks and Howto

Old 09-27-2017, 06:30 PM   #1
sjs94704
Human being with feelings

Default HOW TO: Proper way to fade out at the end of track

I am a singer. In my current project, the last note goes for quite some time. My goal is to fade out to silence gradually BEFORE it reaches the actual end of the last note because in a minor way I kind of choked at the tail end and I want to not let listeners hear that!

I learn best by watching videos. I would be grateful if someone could refer me to a video that demonstrates how to do this. I would search for it myself but I just not sure what I should use as search criteria.
sjs94704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 06:44 PM   #2
hopi

well if it is only needed on the single vocal track... then try a volume envelope...
it is for me more controlable than just the fade on wav file... but there is also that... it is up in the upper right hand corner of the wav file you see in the arrange view...
Old 10-06-2017, 02:11 AM   #3
atza

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TbBUFhv9Z4
atza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 02:53 AM   #4
uncleswede

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs94704 View Post
I am a singer. In my current project, the last note goes for quite some time. My goal is to fade out to silence gradually BEFORE it reaches the actual end of the last note because in a minor way I kind of choked at the tail end and I want to not let listeners hear that!

I learn best by watching videos. I would be grateful if someone could refer me to a video that demonstrates how to do this. I would search for it myself but I just not sure what I should use as search criteria.
if you want to do an end fade for all of the tracks in the project the easiest way is to activate the volume envelope on the master track and then automate that.

While in the track view (TCP) press ctrl alt M to display the master track then right click on the master tracks envelope icon in the track header and check volume. Now you can draw a fade at the end that will effectively fade all tracks
uncleswede is offline   Reply With Quote