Old 01-15-2013, 05:14 AM   #81
radek_p
Human being with feelings

Many thanks and compliments for your theme, Mr. Seventh. I really prefer 2D (G)UIs, but unfortunately there is not much of it except ReaLax and Valhalla.

Let me ask a few questions:

1) The thread has been silent for some time. Are there any news? Is the version available at stash the latest one? Or is there another feed?

2) I am curious about the other theme you mentioned in another thread:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/14081178/Reaper/c7theme.png. Did it come to live? Looks more than promising.

3) To your knowledge, are there any other 2D themes? I googled for them but no avail. I am looking for some pixel-efficient 2D scheme for my laptop, just like ReaLax but with narrower mcp's.

Thanks again.

Last edited by radek_p; 01-15-2013 at 08:07 AM.
radek_p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 07:43 AM   #82
jeffsanders

Wow. Nice, nice feckin job on this, Seventh. Possibly my favorite Reaper theme of all time. Seriously. This is elegant as hell and very inviting.

One small thing I'm missing. I don't see an "FX" button in the individual track panel on the left of the screen. Only on the mixer channels.

Is it something I've left un-ticked?

Last edited by jeffsanders; 01-15-2013 at 08:14 AM.
jeffsanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 01:12 PM   #83
jeffsanders

Found it. "Extended TCP".
Old 01-16-2013, 12:50 PM   #84
Seventh

Sorry about the radio silence, I've been quite busy irl lately. And to be honest I kind of got bored with ReaLax, so I started working on the cubasey theme radek_p mentioned. Then I got completely sidetracked by the release of Janne83's beautiful Hybrid theme, and started making layouts for it. BTW I think you should check it out if you like the 2D flat goodness.

I'll try to find time to finish the requests made in this thread soon. I myself am using a modified version of the Hybrid theme at the moment, so I'm not expecting to add anything major to ReaLax (unless of course I some day completely redo it ).
Seventh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 01:14 PM   #85
radek_p

I know the Hybrid theme and do like it, but still I am more efficient working with Realax.
Your combos of M/S/io/fx buttons with not space between are truly unique. The space between the buttons which all other themes have is a lost space - you cannot click on it and you must exert certain effort to click inside the button... you utilize the entire space, which is superior.

And generally the less graphics in the GUI the more attention goes for music - still the Hybrid theme is fancier than Realax, ie. a little more distracting for me.

Even with Realax I can dream about even more flat fxlists and sendlist (lazy to do them for myself - I can imagine how much work it is to finish the graphics in every detail ... I admit I invested two hours in it and gave it up).

The only thing I had to tune in Realax was the readability of labels of muted sends mcp.sendlist when the send level is low. The same thing was fixed yesterday in Hybrid 1.0.6 based on my comment.
Old 01-17-2013, 05:20 PM   #86
jeffsanders

Did you figure out how to automatically install those icons, Seventh?

Seriously, this theme makes me want to return to using REAPER full-time.
Old 01-20-2013, 06:22 AM   #87
benes

Default don't abandon realax

Please don't stop working on Realax! This theme is the most inspirating ever! It is almost perfect. Only a few things are missing.
- master volume
- midi parameter track controls
- Some missing icons
- maybe improve the track controls : insert a I/O button and the in/off FX button (like in your mixer). Maybe use this kind of compact button (which indicates many things, like your record/monitor button), if you want to keep a epured style.
benes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 09:37 AM   #88
krahosk

I agree that Realax is both original and very pleasant to use. Colors, flatness and a unique disposition of elements sets it apart from other themes. It should be pursued - it's a gem.
krahosk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 09:59 AM   #89
nightscope

I am a certified ReaLax fanbeau. I urge the creator to carry on with it's development onward to v2. The main thing I would like to see is:-

A different way of seeing which track/s is currently selected. The present way, the little illuminated box around the track number, makes it quite difficult to see, at a glance, what's happening, it's too small an area to really grab yer eyballs. I would like the whole track channel or at least a significant part of to light up. Or something akin to a box of fireworks goin' orf.

Not much else, the master fader issue isn't applicable to me as I got one on me controller. I kinda like it without one on the screen. I understand why some folks want a master fader on screen.

ns
nightscope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 12:22 PM   #90
radek_p

Quote:
Originally Posted by benes View Post
Please don't stop working on Realax! This theme is the most inspirating ever! It is almost perfect. Only a few things are missing.
I can only second this. Would be nice to see ReaLax being developed further.
Old 01-21-2013, 06:49 AM   #91
nyaben

Agree...this one and the new one from Janne are my favorites. With a few minor (not sure how minor they are to configure) changes this one would be awesome. A matching set of toolbar icons would make it mostly complete in my opinion.

Thanks for your work on the theme.
nyaben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 05:54 PM   #92
Seventh

Thanks for the encouraging words! I won't stop working on it until I'm perfectly happy with it. Actually started to use ReaLax again and I quite like it. Did some changes and also some cleanup, so some features have been (temporarily) removed. Download link in first post. The issues mentioned in the above posts will be addressed in the future =)

Last edited by Seventh; 02-13-2013 at 06:01 PM.
Seventh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 07:47 AM   #93
krahosk

That is good news! Thanks Seventh.

Last edited by krahosk; 02-14-2013 at 07:55 AM.
krahosk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 06:42 AM   #94
benes

I just downloaded the last version of the realax theme, and ... I'm surprised : why have you removed the volume fader of the top of the track panel? I have to open verticaly the track to see it. With this new disposition, when the zoom is at minimum, I can only see the monitor button, the M and the S. For those who use the mixer frequently, this is not a problem, but for the other, it is a pity to force people to change the way they work. On the ancient version of realax, I could see the volume of each track even when they were reduced(with "extended tcp", I think). I liked it because I allways kept the control of the balance of the entire tracks without quit the Track Control Panel. Perhaps you could combine the pan fader and the width fader (like in the mixer), and put it on the second row, to the left of the IO button. And put the volume fader on the first row, to the left of the monitor button. This is just a suggestion. I think it's cool to have put the IO button and the fader button on the track panel.
By the way, I don't still find the icons that are on your screen capture.
And if you could think to put a volume button on the master track, this would be great

However I like that you have removed the blue line in the track folders. It is more sober, more pretty,

Last edited by benes; 03-24-2013 at 05:12 PM.
Old 05-19-2013, 09:44 AM   #95
benes

Default icons

Hello. I don't know why I cannot get your icons and how to get them. Can you help me?
Old 05-19-2013, 04:04 PM   #96
sightlessness

Is there a tutorial or something that can help me set Reaper to look like that? https://stash.reaper.fm/15551/ReaLax%20TCP.png
tvm