Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Compatibility

Old 03-07-2018, 07:55 AM   #1
Tuberizer
Human being with feelings

Default Reaper with new UAD SSL G-Bus Comp Plugin

Dear collective Reaper intelligence

I purchased the UAD SSL G-Bus Compressor plugin in the past. Now UA put out a new version of the SSL G-Bus Compressor and changed the name of the original one that I own to "legacy".

What this means is that on every track in every project that I ever used the plugin on I now have the new version popping up which I dont have a license for. So I would have to manually exchange the plugin on every track in every project back to the now called "legacy"-Version and manually (!!!) reapply my settings to it. That is kind of a bummer!

I got in touch with the UAD support and the guy recommended to just re-scan the plugin folder. Which I did and which didnt help.

Here's his latest reply:

The internal Plug-in ID did not change with these items. Just the name. The original was just renamed 'legacy'. Your session data/inserts etc should have not been affected. After rescanning the existing inserts should have stayed the same, just 'legacy' would be present in the name.

Since Reaper is not a supported/tested DAW I'm not entirely sure if it uses internal plug-in IDs or not.
I was on the phone with a Samplitude/Sequoia user earlier and their's do not.

I did a web search and could not find the answer. That may be info the DAW manufacturer can provide.

Any of you guys have any idea? That'd be highly appreciated. I dont know what to do, feel pretty desperate because I literally used the plugin on thousands of tracks....

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by Tuberizer; 03-07-2018 at 08:07 AM.
Tuberizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 08:20 AM   #2
cool

You can install an older version of the drivers. Which was released before new plug-in SSL G appeared. But, then you can only run its old version.
Also, you can write about your problem by the developer of the Reaper, maybe they will advise something...
cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 09:16 AM   #3
Tuberizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool View Post
You can install an older version of the drivers. Which was released before new plug-in SSL G appeared. But, then you can only run its old version.
Naa, that cant be it. I'm sure there's a way to use the newest version with Reaper.

Anybody know if Reaper uses internal plug-in IDs or not?
Tuberizer is offline   Reply With Quote