Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER for Linux

Old 02-09-2019, 02:48 PM   #1
Peevy
Human being with feelings

Default Anyone running wine-staging 4.0-2?

The reason I ask is because I was having issues with Kontakt & staging v4.0rc1-1 causing extremely long load times. Here's the old thread:https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=215041So I had to revert back to version v3.12-1 which fixed the problem.

I see wine is officially at v4.0 now & staging is at v4.0-2 so I just thought I'd check here first to see if any of you is running these latest versions of wine with Kontakt successfully?
Old 02-10-2019, 06:48 PM   #2
wastee

I'm running wine-4.1 (Staging) and Kontakt 5.5.
In Arch Linux.

It takes me few second when i added the Kontakt plugin in Native REAPER. Maybe 6 or 7 second to load. But not 40 second. Not that long.
I had use the older wine verion like wine-4.0 (Staging) or wine-3.6 (Staging). It's the same as wine-4.1 (Staging).

Have you tried the new clean WINEPREFIX and reinstall Kontakt?

ps: The first load after upgrade wine, it will takes more time. But that is normal in first load after upgrade wine.
wastee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 08:42 AM   #3
Peevy

Quote:
Originally Posted by wastee View Post
I'm running wine-4.1 (Staging) and Kontakt 5.5.
In Arch Linux.

It takes me few second when i added the Kontakt plugin in Native REAPER. Maybe 6 or 7 second to load. But not 40 second. Not that long.
I had use the older wine verion like wine-4.0 (Staging) or wine-3.6 (Staging). It's the same as wine-4.1 (Staging).

Have you tried the new clean WINEPREFIX and reinstall Kontakt?

ps: The first load after upgrade wine, it will takes more time. But that is normal in first load after upgrade wine.

I took the chance & upgraded to the latest version available on Manjaro which is v4.0 & all seems to be good. Also good to know I'm probably safe up to 4.1, so thanks for that
Old 02-12-2019, 10:09 AM   #4
s wave

I have been going through Modicia OS which has Wine HQ 4.xxx with new dedicated PPA. It is fast and works well. If I get some breakthrough info will let you know.
s wave is offline   Reply With Quote