Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Compatibility

Old 02-15-2018, 06:49 AM   #1
Dazzler_k
Human being with feelings

Default Reaper and Komplete Kontrol setup tutorial?

Hi all,

I am a complete beginner with Reaper and using a midi keyboard with DAW software. This is my first time, other than fiddling with Garageband a bit.

I have just purchased a Komplete Kontrol S25 and have heard good things about Reaper. So I was hoping to find a beginners guide to how to set up my S25 with Reaper, but I can't find anything online, not even on youtube. Does anyone know where I can find such a tutorial? I am completely clueless regarding how to merge the keyboard and the software and also how to start recording..

Also, do I need an audio interface? I am able to hear my KK S25 through my PC as its connected via USB, but i've read I need an audio interface to allow keyboard to talk to DAW, bit confused by this too.

I'd like to try using reaper but if there is no walkthrough setup I may have to use a different DAW with more online setup help.

So any help would be greatly appreciatated!!

Thanks in advance,

Darren
Dazzler_k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 08:22 AM   #2
Calaban

This might help.

https://youtu.be/uaFnnaTKI_Q

I have read however that the Komplete Kontrol hardware/software does not yet integrate well with Reaper. What that means is that controlling Reaper functions such as play, pause, record, looping etc may not be possible yet.

But that does not mean that the controller will not work with Reaper! It just means that those functions may not work at this time. You should still be able to browse your NKS instruments and control them from the keyboard.

My advice...watch that video, make sure you have installed the Komplete Kontrol software, and read the Komplete Kontrol manual.
Calaban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 04:50 AM   #3
Dazzler_k

thanks Calaban. Yes following that tutorial definitely helps me map the s25 keyboard to Reaper.

I now just need to work out how I can play all of the komplete kontrol sounds through reaper? How do I start recording using the Komplete package?

Thanks
Dazzler_k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 01:20 AM   #4
Calaban

Did you have any luck getting the sounds to work?
Calaban is offline   Reply With Quote