Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > ReaScript, JSFX, REAPER Plug-in Extensions, Developer Forum

Old 12-17-2018, 05:02 PM   #81
foxAsteria
Human being with feelings

Dude you're a coding monster! Not the scary kind, but more the cookie kind. Thank you.

In the config file, is it possible to add comments, like with ; or so?
Old 12-18-2018, 03:52 PM   #82
sai'ke

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxAsteria View Post
Dude you're a coding monster! Not the scary kind, but more the cookie kind. Thank you.

In the config file, is it possible to add comments, like with ; or so?
You can add them, but the config files are constantly overwritten, and your custom comments wouldn't be stored.

Instead, I've added that info in the config file now, so that you can always see which setting does what. I've also added a sort, such that the setting stays in the same spot (bit annoying when the order hops around all the time).
Old 12-31-2018, 01:45 AM   #83
foxAsteria

Hey dude! I'm loving the latest tweaks to the visuals. Looks way slicker now. The bigger pan indicators help a lot! Minot thing, but at different zoom levels (shift+mousewheel) the bottom of the box gets thicker and looks a little funky.
Old 01-04-2019, 11:25 PM   #84
foxAsteria

Also, this signal analyzer thing you added isn't compatible with having any plugins in your default fx chain. So clicking the button just floats the first plugin in my default fx chain. I didn't even realize it was creating a new hidden track with the analyzer on it for a while.
Old 01-05-2019, 07:13 AM   #85
sai'ke

Quote:
Also, this signal analyzer thing you added isn't compatible with having any plugins in your default fx chain. So clicking the button just floats the first plugin in my default fx chain. I didn't even realize it was creating a new hidden track with the analyzer on it for a while.
Welp! Thanks for the heads up! I wasn't even aware that default plugs was a thing.
Old 01-05-2019, 02:55 PM   #86
foxAsteria

Quote:
Originally Posted by sai'ke View Post
Welp! Thanks for the heads up! I wasn't even aware that default plugs was a thing.
Aye! And a great thing it is!
Old 01-12-2019, 06:55 PM   #87
sai'ke

Quote:
Better late than never. Fixed in 0.74!

Other suggestions I haven't gotten round to yet.
Old 01-18-2019, 03:04 PM   #88
foxAsteria

Been a while since I made a request, cos everything's working quite nicely for me! One small one: mind making it so unselected track text is grey like the edges of the track and then fully black/white when they are selected? I do TCP/MCP text contrasted like this and it works nicely to highlight selected tracks while making to interface overall less busy to the eye.
Old 02-20-2019, 05:41 PM   #89
foxAsteria

One other issue I've been encountering is that I'm running the window in every project at about 1/4 of the full screen size. I'd like to make use of the custom menu (pretty much just for adding track templates), but the list is always cut off by the bottom of the window. Was hoping you learned some new tricks to keep the list box inside the window, since there were some similar issues with Filther. Thanks!
Old 02-26-2019, 04:35 PM   #90
Daimebag

Hi, Thank you for this great job, this script is awesome!

I found a minor bug:
Potentiometers doesn't have a limit value when we scroll them.

And there is no way to select sends i/o range(mono/stereo/4 channel/etc...).

Otherwise, would there be a possibility to extend the scope of this script to FX chains?

I imagined something like a double click on a track opening a window displaying a modular interface of the FX chain.
Daimebag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 04:39 PM   #91
foxAsteria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daimebag View Post
I imagined something like a double click on a track opening a window displaying a modular interface of the FX chain.
If you alt or ctrl double click and have mpl wired chain script installed it will.

You can also change the track channels by clicking any wire.
Old 02-26-2019, 05:24 PM   #92
Daimebag

Thanks, it works!
Daimebag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 12:50 PM   #93
foxAsteria

Default VCA Volume Bug

Just noticed a bug with the volume control on VCA tracks. It doesn't obey the preference for volume fader range (script only allows +6dB but mine go to +12dB). The control itself is also not linear. Toward the bottom control is very coarse and drops straight to 0 when going below -30dB.
Old 03-11-2019, 01:43 PM   #94
sai'ke

That's not really a bug. It's not the same as the fader. It's just exposing the D_VOL track property. The trim volume just behaves non-linearly in decibels, since it's internally specified in amplitude, not decibels.

I exposed the maximum now, so you can set the maximum to go to +12. It's maxVolume in the config file. Note that default won't be in the middle anymore then though.
Old 03-11-2019, 03:48 PM   #95
foxAsteria

You ninja! Ha, thanks dude. Hey, while I have you for a moment, could you explain your signal meter thingie a bit? Like for instance how to utilize the different channels at the bottom?

It seems like this is some way of viewing multiple tracks overlayed with different colors in the same window? If so that would be amazing...always wished SPAN had the feature (I think it does in the paid version?).

Amplitude is different than dB? Man how you know so much?
Old 03-12-2019, 06:50 AM   #96
sai'ke

Sorry, I meant to say linear amplitude .

Both are amplitudes of course, but decibels is a log ratio, whereas linear amplitude is just linear amplitude.

Anyways, yeah, you can use that thing for multichannel visualization. Just route multiple channels to it. There's a small tutorial on this page (although I should probably update it at some point): https://github.com/JoepVanlier/JSFX

There's also a lua script in the repo, which is called LoadSpectrum. This automatically links every track that sends to master to the spectrum analyzer. If you're strapped for CPU cycles, I wouldn't do this though. Just route the ones you want to the analyzer.
Old 03-12-2019, 11:35 AM   #97
TonE

Yes, that is a great helper for finetuning mixing, thanks master saike. Not sure but I guess in one of your videos I saw how to use it, or I read it, but I thought in your video you explained it a bit. Wonderful, like filther, like trackey, patterns, machines, actually whatever you touch, and I never played your games, I am sure they have same magic. Thanks my friend.
TonE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 11:04 PM   #98
foxAsteria

Sai'ke, might it be possible and easy to force newly added tracks to always appear inside the window? They're always out of view whether I add them in the Routing View itself or in Reaper, so it's kind of a drag (pun intended) to keep things organized as the project grows...
Old 06-13-2019, 11:02 PM   #99
Reflected

wow this is promising!

thanks for this!
Reflected is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 11:52 PM   #100
Reflected

First of all, I love it!

now for my first review:

1. I wish that we could do this amazing fx routings without the need to add track per effect. but i guesss this is not possible because of how reaper works. (so we could also make complex effects routings inside one track)

2. I miss the feature to drag and drop plugins from the fx window to hackey machines directly.

3. pressing F10 - showing me your list of plugins and not mine. :P

4. could be useful if Ctrl + left click on the wire Arrows will Mute the connection.

ps - I wish that someone you will work with justin and schwa on reaper to create things like this built in.
Reflected is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 03:13 PM   #101
sai'ke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reflected View Post
1. I wish that we could do this amazing fx routings without the need to add track per effect. but i guesss this is not possible because of how reaper works. (so we could also make complex effects routings inside one track)
If you install mpl's trackwiring (see https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=209768), this routing window opens it when you ctrl + doubleclick a track.

Quote:
2. I miss the feature to drag and drop plugins from the fx window to hackey machines directly.
I'll look into whether it is possible to support this.

Quote:
3. pressing F10 - showing me your list of plugins and not mine. :P
Yes, you're supposed to make your own list. It's supposed to be so you can make a favourites list of your own. If you hold shift while pressing the outer mouse you see a list of all your plugins

Quote:
4. could be useful if Ctrl + left click on the wire Arrows will Mute the connection.
I've added it on the to-do list.

Quote:
ps - I wish that someone you will work with justin and schwa on reaper to create things like this built in.
I think they are working on a track-wiring view
Old 07-27-2019, 08:44 AM   #102
hangnef

Quote:
If you install mpl's trackwiring (see https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=209768), this routing window opens it when you ctrl + doubleclick a track.

I'll look into whether it is possible to support this.

Yes, you're supposed to make your own list. It's supposed to be so you can make a favourites list of your own. If you hold shift while pressing the outer mouse you see a list of all your plugins

I've added it on the to-do list.

This script really complements Hackey Trackey (as I think was intended), just now getting around to trying it. Lots of fun!

When I add my first instrument, the rectangle appears under Master and kinda wobbles around in a circle until I grab it and move it far away.

Also, when I shift right click to see my plugins, is it possible to see the "VST Folders" view?
hangnef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2019, 11:55 AM   #103
zookthespook

sorry this is a bit off topic.. but does the buzz to vst adopter work well with Reaper ?? then we can have some buzz machines buzzing in the hackey trackey too !!

zook
zookthespook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2019, 12:26 PM   #104
hangnef

Quote:
Originally Posted by zookthespook View Post
sorry this is a bit off topic.. but does the buzz to vst adopter work well with Reaper ?? then we can have some buzz machines buzzing in the hackey trackey too !!

zook
Funny you should mention this, I was investigating this very topic last night.

Through archive.org I found a link to one, but it wasn't a VST binary. I'd be willing to give this a shot, but my understanding is the Buzz author requires paying a license for his SDK.
Old 07-27-2019, 04:07 PM   #105
sai'ke

Quote:
Originally Posted by hangnef View Post
When I add my first instrument, the rectangle appears under Master and kinda wobbles around in a circle until I grab it and move it far away.
Huh, that's odd. Are you adding it through hackey machines? Because it should only auto-place stuff that was added from outside the hackey machines environment. This wobbling was meant for it to gravitate towards a semi-optimal position for tracks that don't have an explicit position yet. It simulates springs between all the machines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hangnef View Post
Also, when I shift right click to see my plugins, is it possible to see the "VST Folders" view?
Currently, I don't think so. Is this view stored anywhere in the reaper dirs?

I mean, it's a bit of a pain, but I would recommend setting up a list of the plugins you use often with F10. It costs a bit of time once, but then it's convenient, since you'll have the structure exactly how you want it.

Quote:
Through archive.org I found a link to one, but it wasn't a VST binary. I'd be willing to give this a shot, but my understanding is the Buzz author requires paying a license for his SDK.
Yeah, I thought that was the case as well. I remember looking into wrapping buzzmachines before, but this made me decide against developing something for it.
Old 07-28-2019, 07:36 AM   #106
hangnef

Quote:
Huh, that's odd. Are you adding it through hackey machines? Because it should only auto-place stuff that was added from outside the hackey machines environment. This wobbling was meant for it to gravitate towards a semi-optimal position for tracks that don't have an explicit position yet. It simulates springs between all the machines.

Currently, I don't think so. Is this view stored anywhere in the reaper dirs?

I mean, it's a bit of a pain, but I would recommend setting up a list of the plugins you use often with F10. It costs a bit of time once, but then it's convenient, since you'll have the structure exactly how you want it.

Yeah, I thought that was the case as well. I remember looking into wrapping buzzmachines before, but this made me decide against developing something for it.
I did add it through Hackey Machines, right clicked and added it.

I'm not sure if it is stored in the Reaper dirs. I did see a reaper-fxfolders.ini which seems to have the paths to all the VSTs that were scanned.

In the FX window it shows up in between Developers and FX Chains.

I lay out my VST folders to be much like I would be re-doing in HM. I don't use the default install paths, directory names used by installers, etc.
Old 07-28-2019, 09:04 AM   #107
foxAsteria

Quote:
Originally Posted by zookthespook View Post
sorry this is a bit off topic.. but does the buzz to vst adopter work well with Reaper ??
AFAIK Fruity Loops was the only place we could ever use buzz machines outside of buzz.
Old 09-22-2019, 05:17 AM   #108
TonE

Quote:
AFAIK Fruity Loops was the only place we could ever use buzz machines outside of buzz.
Please report back here, if anyone has success with Reaper and buzz machines + whatever. There is matilde tracker as vsti, but not published.
Old 09-22-2019, 05:22 AM   #109
TonE

Quote:
If saike would be added to the reaper devs list, that would be best thing what could happen to reaper I guess. Even just adding hackey/tracker stuff alone would be enough and compensating in such a way which is acceptable to saike, you could code whenever you want and $. Reaper would get the official tracker dimension.
Old 11-28-2019, 11:53 AM   #110
Ericson

Not working in Reaper 6 RC7:

Ericson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 02:47 PM   #111
sai'ke

Pity, it doesn't work for you. :/

I wonder what's different. Which OS? What do you do when those context dialogs open in the middle of nowhere?

Could you send me a minimal project file that could help me reproduce the issue on my end?

I just tried rc8 and it seems to work as intended on my machine.

Also, just for the record, the master block is the only one that can't be recolored.
Old 12-02-2019, 09:27 PM   #112
Ericson

It's working, I just had to unpile the big stack of tracks

Thank you
Ericson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 07:08 PM   #113
grandfougue

OH very cool it s possible to change the background color ?
Thanks
grandfougue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 10:46 AM   #114
sai'ke

Apologies for the belated reply. F1 gives you a list of options.

There's a night mode you can switch to with F5, but you can currently not set the background color separately.

You can edit most of the colors in the color section of the script. It looks something like this:
Code:
  elseif colorScheme == "dark" then
    colors.textcolor        = {148/256, 148/256, 148/256, 1}
    colors.linecolor        = {46/256, 46/256, 46/256, 1}    
    colors.linecolor2       = {.1, .1, .1, 0.6}
    colors.windowbackground = {18/256, 18/256, 18/256, 1}
    colors.buttonbg         = { 0.1, 0.1, 0.1, .7 }
    colors.buttonfg         = { 0.3, 0.9, 0.4, 1.0 }
    colors.connector        = { .4, .4, .4, 0.8 }
    colors.wireColor        = { .65, .65, .65, 0.95 }
    colors.muteColor        = { 0.9, 0.3, 0.4, 1.0 }
    colors.inactiveColor    = { .6, .6, .6, 1.0 } 
    colors.signalColor      = {37/256,111/256,222/256, 1.0}  
    colors.selectionColor   = {.2, 0.2, .5, 1}  
    colors.selectionColor   = {.4, 0.2, .8, 1}
    colors.renameColor      = { 0.6, 0.3, 0.5, 1.0 }
    colors.playColor        = {0.3, 1.0, 0.4, 1.0}    
    colors.gridColor        = {0.35, 0.25, 0.53, 0.3}
    colors.selectionColor   = {.2, .9, .5, 1}
The background one is called windowbackground.

If you come up with a cool new color scheme, I wouldn't mind adding it to the plugin as an option.
Old 02-10-2020, 07:10 AM   #115
grandfougue

Quote:
Apologies for the belated reply. F1 gives you a list of options.

There's a night mode you can switch to with F5, but you can currently not set the background color separately.

You can edit most of the colors in the color section of the script. It looks something like this:
Code:
  elseif colorScheme == "dark" then
    colors.textcolor        = {148/256, 148/256, 148/256, 1}
    colors.linecolor        = {46/256, 46/256, 46/256, 1}    
    colors.linecolor2       = {.1, .1, .1, 0.6}
    colors.windowbackground = {18/256, 18/256, 18/256, 1}
    colors.buttonbg         = { 0.1, 0.1, 0.1, .7 }
    colors.buttonfg         = { 0.3, 0.9, 0.4, 1.0 }
    colors.connector        = { .4, .4, .4, 0.8 }
    colors.wireColor        = { .65, .65, .65, 0.95 }
    colors.muteColor        = { 0.9, 0.3, 0.4, 1.0 }
    colors.inactiveColor    = { .6, .6, .6, 1.0 } 
    colors.signalColor      = {37/256,111/256,222/256, 1.0}  
    colors.selectionColor   = {.2, 0.2, .5, 1}  
    colors.selectionColor   = {.4, 0.2, .8, 1}
    colors.renameColor      = { 0.6, 0.3, 0.5, 1.0 }
    colors.playColor        = {0.3, 1.0, 0.4, 1.0}    
    colors.gridColor        = {0.35, 0.25, 0.53, 0.3}
    colors.selectionColor   = {.2, .9, .5, 1}
The background one is called windowbackground.

If you come up with a cool new color scheme, I wouldn't mind adding it to the plugin as an option.
Where in OpenMaschineView.lua ? dont see this information

I will try as soon as I have a little time thank you Thank you it's very good work.

Last edited by grandfougue; 02-10-2020 at 07:25 AM.
Old 02-10-2020, 01:23 PM   #116
sai'ke

It's in MachineView_exec
Old 02-10-2020, 03:40 PM   #117
grandfougue

If i know, 2 them are present, black and defaut how to active black them ?
Old 03-23-2020, 05:12 AM   #118
Skorobagatko

Hi, I got this trying to load Kontakt from the right click menu:

...R\Scripts\Routing tools\MachineView\MachineView_exec.lua:5016: attempt to perform arithmetic on a nil value (local 'cSim')
Skorobagatko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 11:08 AM   #119
sai'ke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skorobagatko View Post
Hi, I got this trying to load Kontakt from the right click menu:

...R\Scripts\Routing tools\MachineView\MachineView_exec.lua:5016: attempt to perform arithmetic on a nil value (local 'cSim')
Sorry, took a while before I noticed this. Is this on the latest version (0.76)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandfougue View Post
If i know, 2 them are present, black and defaut how to active black them ?
F5
Old 03-26-2020, 12:42 PM   #120
Skorobagatko

Quote:
Sorry, took a while before I noticed this. Is this on the latest version (0.76)?

F5
Yes, and how I can add my Instruments/Fx to the menu so they would work?
Skorobagatko is offline   Reply With Quote