Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Compatibility

Old 01-21-2020, 11:54 AM   #1
explodingPSYCH
Human being with feelings

Default EastWest Play + Reaper (Releases Cut Off in Render)

(x-posted from General. No responses there)

I've seen some much older posts about this, but I haven't seen much in the way of a good solution.

Can anyone share with me how they are getting their East West Play instances to render correctly? Anytime I render anything with EW's Play in a track, the release samples aren't rendered. Maybe there's a MIDI setting that needs to be changed so Play can properly recognize the note off during offline render or something?

Online render works, but that seems like an awkward solution. (I don't always use Play, so I'd have to somehow remind myself to check for play instances every time I render a composition. Or just waste time rendering everything Online from now on to avoid this potential bug.)

One thing worth noting:
Playback in the DAW sometimes cuts off the note if I start directly on the beginning of the MIDI note that triggers it. In offline rendering, its as though each midi note is being triggered as if the cursor is right on it's start point, maybe creating this bug?

Is there something with Reaper's MIDI triggering that could be causing this?

Anybody find a good fix? Or is anybody not having this issue with Play in Reaper?
explodingPSYCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 07:52 PM   #2
explodingPSYCH
Human being with feelings

Issue appears to be solved by de-selecting "Stream from Disk" in Play's settings.

Still curious why this is occurring in Reaper.
explodingPSYCH is offline   Reply With Quote