Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Feature Requests

Old 02-13-2020, 12:38 PM   #1
TonE
Human being with feelings

Default Exporting spectral peaks view, 1 minute segments as .jpg possible?

Is it possible to export, e.g. 1 minute regions of an audio file as separate .jpg images?

Example: I load a 10 minute audio file and the result should be 10 images, each of one minute region as spectral peaks image?

After .jpg export, even .svg export would be cooler. Any ideas, suggestions, what is already possible, what not?

Background: I just like the spectral peaks view, and being able to use this feature from the command line to generate images (.jpg or .svg) could be useful.
TonE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 04:17 PM   #2
TonE

Any image export in Reaper possible?
Old 02-22-2020, 01:06 PM   #3
Xenakios

SVG wouldn't probably make much sense, as it would just be exporting a ton of filled rectangles. You wouldn't get any extra precision by zooming into it etc. PNG would probably be the best format for that kind of export. (JPG would probably work pretty well too and give smaller file sizes.)

Last edited by Xenakios; 02-22-2020 at 01:17 PM.
Xenakios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 01:08 PM   #4
Xenakios

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonE View Post
Any image export in Reaper possible?
No, there are no APIs or features to export images of the spectral peaks at the moment. The ReaPeaks file format is open, though, so someone might be able to do a tool program or extension plugin for that.
Old 02-22-2020, 10:20 PM   #5
TonE

In latest uberschall api, there is something regarding image saving, but not sure what exactly it can save? It says entire screens and windows, but for this we have already several external tools. That could be a workaround, adjusting the arrange view so it displays 1 minute audio, taking screenshot, moving to next 1 minute, another screenshot... better than nothing, and the vertical heigh one needs to adjust to a single track, so only required information is visible. And fullscreen would help here as well, removing the menus. Or better designing a screenset which optimizes all what is possible, to minimize the rest clutter on the screen, removing toolbars and so on.