Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > newbieland

Old 02-14-2020, 12:20 AM   #1
mcconnor
Human being with feelings

Default Click Count in with Click Track in the middle of a song

Hello altogether, for some time I have begun to work with this great DAW. It is really fun to discover all the possibilities. However now I am stuck and hope you can help me.

I arrangend some songs to accompany my band at church with Pad sounds, base, some piano and so on. The songs are all with a click track that gives two measures count in ahead of the start and there are several regions like "verse1", "chorus" and so on each with a marker at the beginning that can be jumped to with smart seeking so as to be flexible in playback.

Now if we rehearse the songs from the start we have that count in with the click track but I could not figure out if we can have a count-in in the middle of the song if we were to beginn practice say from verse2 onwards... In this case I set the playhead two measures before the start point (which is a bit tedious to precisly do with the laptop) and as there mostly is no melody in the arrangement it is a bit hard to catch the right spot to start playing with the band.

I imagine setting the playhead to a marker with the keys, press start, have a two measures count-in and then begin playing. I know that can be done with the metronome - but with the click track? Can you help me?

Last edited by mcconnor; 02-14-2020 at 02:28 AM.
mcconnor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 04:01 AM   #2
MusoBob

Set the cursor at chorus2 and hit play and this should give you a count-in of 2 bars

MusoBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 04:44 AM   #3
mcconnor

Thanks - that would be the metronome setting I knew of. Wouldnt that collide with the click track I already have? Probably I would have to mute the click track then (use it only for exporting a track with click). So there is no trick accomplishing this with the click track alone... Will have to see how that fits in the workflow.
mcconnor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 02:10 PM   #4
MusoBob

So you just want to count-in from chorus2 ? this will mute all the tracks during the 2 bar count-in and will only play the metronome click.
If you have a 1_2_1234 count-in at the start you can set an action marker @ bar 3 to jump to the marker or region @ chorus2.
You can also add a volume/mute envelop on a click track to bring it in where you like.
MusoBob is offline   Reply With Quote