Old 02-11-2020, 06:34 AM   #1
sherlockpiano
Human being with feelings

Default Extracting MIDI channels with sound

Hi!
I want to automatically create tracks with VSTis which correspond to existing MIDI channels in autoaccompanement of my piano, so if 8 midi channel has sound, there must be Kontakt instrument with sound.

How to automatically detect existing channels and assign for them VSTis and tracks?
sherlockpiano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 08:53 AM   #2
sherlockpiano

Also the problem merged with that is that notes are swallowed during the record. What is this?
sherlockpiano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 09:48 PM   #3
ashcat_lt

The first question, IDK a way. You'd kind of have to just set up an instance of Kontakt with enough "slots" to cover all the possibilities that you care about and then hope it sends program change messages or something and map those in Kontakt to pull up the right instruments. I don't use that VSTi, so can't help with that part. But...

(your second question)
I would not really expect a keyboard to send the MIDI data for its onboard sequencer to its actual MIDI output. On the contrary, I'd be (pleasantly) surprised to find out it did. There's no good reason it should. Maybe there's a way to make yours do it, but you'd have to consult the keyboard's manual and/or manufacturer for that one. Or at least tell us what model and see if somebody else has one or will google it for you.l
ashcat_lt is offline   Reply With Quote