Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Bug Reports

Old 01-26-2020, 09:33 AM   #1
mrrenard
Human being with feelings

Default [5.977/64] Audio unexpectedly moving inside items

Hi everyone !

I'm at the end of the editing phase of an album and I notice a kind of bug on some of the projects :
On some tracks, audio appears to shift inside items. see picture

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1sA...h2Nm4DvMdeSj_R

It does this only on drum tracks that I did copy to work samples (so kick in, snare top, tom and floor tom).
It did nothing of this while the whole recording/editing process until I get to vocal editing using melodyne and vocalign.
Now all the editing is over and, again, only some of the projects have this issue
All projects (songs) of this 11 tracks album where recorded and edited with the same settings workflow, hardware and such.
If I copy these tracks from a backup version eveything is fine, but when I close and reload the project the shifts are here again.

There are no active plugin on these tracks and no script is running.
I'm using reaper 9.77 64 bits on a 2019 Mojave MBP with an apollo twin thunderbolt

Could this be an ARA issue ?
Or is it a snap offset issue ?
Would updating to reaper 6 fix this ? (I usually wait until the of an album's production before doing any update)
Most likely I did something wrong

I know I can copy/paste tracks from backup projects and export everything to go on to mix phase, but I'm really curious about what' s causing this and how to avoid it..

Any idea ? Thanks to anyone who does...
mrrenard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2020, 07:30 AM   #2
mrrenard

Look how funny it is..

Anyone ?
Old 01-31-2020, 02:20 AM   #3
mrrenard

Doesn't this apply as a bug ?
Looks pretty buggy to me...

Anyway, should I post this somewhere else ?
Old 01-31-2020, 05:35 AM   #4
schwa
Administrator

You have a project where it displays as expected, then you save and re-open the project and the display is changed? If so, can you cut that project down to the smallest size that demonstrates the problem (ideally one track, one small media item) and post it or email to support at cockos? Thanks.

Do you have any extensions installed?
schwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 01:40 AM   #5
mrrenard

Hi and thanks a lot for your answer !

Quote:
Originally Posted by schwa View Post
You have a project where it displays as expected, then you save and re-open the project and the display is changed?
That, but only on certain tracks listed above. But it's not only the display, audio is shifted and i can clearly hear double hits

Quote:
If so, can you cut that project down to the smallest size that demonstrates the problem (ideally one track, one small media item) and post it or email to support at cockos? Thanks.
Sorry but I never had to do that so i't not totally clear to me what you're saying. So I create a copy of the project with for example only one of the problematic tracks, then I upload the corresponding folder somewhere to send for support, is that right ?
And where do I send it for support, is there a Reaper support email address or something ?
That and also I'm not sure how useful it would be, because when I save and reopen it again, ti doesn't shift more, it stays where it was after the first save-reopen shift.

Quote:
Do you have any extensions installed?
Yes I use SWS extensions

I also upgraded to reaper 6.03 and nothing is different

Thanks a lot again !
Old 02-20-2020, 04:37 AM   #6
schwa
Administrator

What we're looking for is any way we can reproduce the issue ourselves. If you are able to save a project in any state where it will demonstrate the problem when it's reopened, then please send that project and any media to support@cockos.com.

The first thing I'd try on your end, though, is disabling the extensions by temporarily moving the dll somewhere else and restarting REAPER.
schwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 04:18 AM   #7
mrrenard

Quote:
The first thing I'd try on your end, though, is disabling the extensions by temporarily moving the dll somewhere else and restarting REAPER.
Allright ! I took out reaper_sws_extension.dylib from the UserPlugins folder and it seems to have solved it
Many thanks to you sir !

EDIT : In fact, it works only if I Save As a new project with 'create subdirectory for project', but it works

Last edited by mrrenard; 02-21-2020 at 05:45 AM.
Old 02-21-2020, 04:22 AM   #8
mrrenard

How do I mark the thread title as [SOLVED] ?