Old 09-22-2022, 10:52 AM   #1
BbAltered
Human being with feelings

Default ? Loop Source ?

Hello. I am using Reaper 5.9x in Win 10

So this happened yesterday as I was using Reaper: create a new track and create a midi Media Item on the track. Open up midi Media Item Properties page and uncheck Loop Source. I "pull" on the Rt side of the midi Media Item and see it is behaving as if the Loop Source is still checked. Open up midi Media Item Properties page again and see the Loop Source box is indeed checked (gee, that's funny: I thought I had just unchecked it). So I uncheck Loop Source again, close that window and again pull on the Rt side of the midi Media Item, and see it is still behaving as if the Loop Source box is still checked. Open up midi Media Item Properties page again and see the Loop Source box is yes still checked!

For whatever reason, every time I opened up the midi Media Item Properties page and uncheck Loop Source, it would check itself after I closed the midi Media Item Properties page. And the midi Media Item itself would behave as if the Loop Source box was always checked. This behavior occurred repeatedly. At one point, I opened up the midi Media Item Properties page and uncheck Loop Source, then left the page open while I pulled on the Rt side of the midi Media Item, and watched as the Loop Source box went from unchecked to checked - by itself as I tried to expand the size of the midi Media Item!

Can anyone explain what is going on? What I am trying to do is increase the size of the midi Media Item without looping it or its contents - how do I do this?

And to add to my frustration, "Loop Source" is NOT even listed in the Index of the owner's manual. Nor is "Media Item Properties". Apparently, according to the Index, Loop Source and Media Item Properties are not described anywhere in the Reaper's Owner's Manual.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
BbAltered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2022, 02:17 PM   #2
Holzwurm

You need to click apply after changing things in the item properties. I think there's also a setting in preferences if you want it to not loop by default.
Holzwurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2022, 03:54 PM   #3
BbAltered

Aha! It is sadly very possible I did not click the Apply button. I will go check it out.

Thank you Holzwurm for your helpful reply.
BbAltered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2022, 11:39 PM   #4
nicholas
Scribe

Quote:
Originally Posted by BbAltered View Post
And to add to my frustration, "Loop Source" is NOT even listed in the Index of the owner's manual. Nor is "Media Item Properties". Apparently, according to the Index, Loop Source and Media Item Properties are not described anywhere in the Reaper's Owner's Manual.
Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
Are you referring to the REAPER User Guide? If so, what you say is simply not true.

If you would care to actually look, you will find that Media Item Properties is listed in the index (under M). It is also listed in the Table of Contents.

In addition, if you would care to read the instructions on how to search the document, on page 14, you will find how to search the PDF edition of the guide for any text string. Following these instructions would find several references to loop source.

That said, my preference over Adobe is for PDF-Xchange Editor, which has excellent search facilities.

Last edited by nicholas; 09-23-2022 at 02:43 AM. Reason: typos
nicholas is offline   Reply With Quote