Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > newbieland

Old 09-17-2022, 09:29 AM   #1
Taciturn
Human being with feelings

Default Big TCP mess, need a fast way to rectify;

I was clicking on the "Track Control Panel" just to highlight certain tracks so that I could adjust all of the selected track's volume to be exactly the same, when all of a sudden, (because I must of been accidentally also clicking on something else or something like that) strange differences became apparent with some of the tracks in the TCP, -some got thinner, some got thicker, some are indented to various extents and there's various other differences that became apparent with some TCP-track's visuals as well.

I fiddled around with it for quite a time. I managed to get quite a few of the tracks on the TCP back to normal, but certain other ones are stubbornly unyielding to my efforts to get them back to normal.

-There's also this new, "ghost" track audio that has appeared -just light grey stuff -that plays guitar audio (the same as an adjacent track just above it has properly), I suppose that I could just delete this grey smoke looking ghost-audio, but I believe that it will just disappear, once the TCP is set back right...

I've been looking around in Reaper and I can't find any controls or settings for the "Track Control Panel", -there must be a simple way to put it all straight as it was ?

I did try to Undo stuff -and undo History etc. but I could only get so much cleared up. I must have had the TCP messed up and didn't notice the time before I was in Reaper.

Does anyone know how I should approach this messed up Track Control Panel problem ?

Last edited by Taciturn; 09-17-2022 at 09:36 AM. Reason: grammer, sp
Taciturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2022, 09:56 AM   #2
lunker
Human being with feelings

It sounds like you either accidentally dragged some of the tracks onto other tracks, or accidentally clicked the button to create folders with parent/child tracks.

Related video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGY4UYBbxyM
lunker is online now   Reply With Quote