Old 01-15-2013, 10:07 AM   #1
ivor-honda
Human being with feelings

Default Perplexed of Wales!

Can anyone help!
I will start at the beginning, I am new to Reaper and what I was trying to do is to convert my midi files into a .wav file and during that process I would add some guitar on to the .wav file via Reaper.
I also used Superior drummer 2 for the drum track and the rest of the tracks had the audio from my Roland XV-3080 (a midi sound module), and I think, (I will explain a little later about that) that I managed to do it, as I found a project that had my guitar and what I think is the audio from my Roland XV-3080.
Just after I finished it I had to go into hospital, which I ended up being in there for a month (I had bowel cancer), and when I came out I was in not condition to do anything, but time is a healer and I am doing OK.
So I have started again with Reaper, I have managed to load a midi file into Reaper and play the file via reaper through the Roland, but this is where it all falls apart, I cannot remember how I recorded the output from Roland back onto Reaper. For example I use midi track 2 for my bass track, I can see all the midi info in Reaper and hear the bass being played when I play the track but I cannot fathom out how to capture that audio onto a track from the Roland.
I have made a track folder for the bass and put the midi track within that folder, tried to “render tracks to stereo stem tracks (and mute originals) which goes through the process but I just end up with a blank track. I have tried quite a few other permutations but with no success, I have got so frustrated that I have even ended up looking in the manual!, but found nothing.
I thought I managed to do it before I went into hospital but maybe I am wrong and what I am trying to do is not possible. So any insight into what’s happening and where I might be going wrong would be much appreciated.
Regards
Colin
ivor-honda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 12:06 PM   #2
hopi

you posted in the Themes area... suggest you copy your text and post it again either in the newbie area or the general discussion area...

this place is for discussion about creating the Themes [the GUI Look] for reaper
Old 01-15-2013, 03:03 PM   #3
ivor-honda

yes, thanks, i did realise just after i posted.
Sorry for the inconvenience (if nothing else it gets my post count up .... allways look on the bright side).
Colin
ivor-honda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 04:35 PM   #4
dea-man

Get the midi recorded on your first track.

Make a second tracks and using your "receives", have the second track recieve from the first track.

Make sure the second track is recording the "output".

Dis-arm the first track, and arm the second track for recording.

Record.

Voila!

Hope your feeling better.