Old 10-11-2010, 01:30 PM   #1
BenjaminCS
Human being with feelings

Default "SWS/S&M toggle FX offline" action bug?

Hi,

Running the "Toggle FX offline for selected tracks" action while sound coming out of the track produces a loud ugly buzz (like when the CPU is busy and can't fill the buffer in time or something like that), while doing it by right-clicking on the effect -> "offline FX" doesn't produce any weird sound.

Shouldn't they do the same thing, is this a bug? The buzz even happens if the effect is bypassed.

I have midi learned the action and the buzz is really annoying...

Thanks.
BenjaminCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 11:40 AM   #2
Jeffos
Mortal

Sorry for your trouble but I don't confirm this (not a glitch here).

BenjaminCS, can you give some details here ? SWS version, OS, what are the FX (RPP file without media prefered..), etc.. Thanks!
Jeffos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 01:41 PM   #3
BenjaminCS
Human being with feelings

Sorry it's probably not a bug with SWS after all, probably an issue with VSL convolution reverb.

I just retried and it only happens with VSL convolution reverb, no other plugins not even other VSL plugins. The buzz is around twice as long when I use the x64 version of VSL convolution reverb, on Reaper 32 bit (??). It sounds exactly like when the CPU doesn't have time to fill the ASIO buffer but it's a much longer and continuous buzz. It only happens when toggling it from offline to online. No buzz when toggling the plugin by right-clicking on the effect -> "offline FX".

The buzz sounds like a very fast repeating beep and that repetition becomes something like twice as slow when I double the number of samples in the ASIO buffer (I am usually at 128).

Just in case, Reaper 3.71 32 bit on Win7 64 bit, SWS 1.8.1 build 5 (oct 10 2010), Echo Miamidi PCI.
BenjaminCS is offline   Reply With Quote