Old 10-26-2016, 07:08 AM   #1
SBK
Human being with feelings

Default How can I do this custom button?

Hi guys, hope anyone can help me on this.

I want to make a button in Reaper, that does 3 things :
On my selected channel
- it is enabling arm for record
- enabling monitoring
- and also adjusts input to "all midi inputs"

This way I am ready to play with my midi on this channel.

I think its very useful for all, I would really love to know how to do this, since I am new and not expert on Reaper, I need your help!

Thanks so much!
SBK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 08:24 AM   #2
DarkStar

This Custom Action is close, but I cannot see a way to set it to all MIDI input devices (or even to one MIDI device).

Old 10-26-2016, 08:27 AM   #3
gofer
-blänk-

I have a custom action which does this except the input setting.

- Track: Unarm all tracks for recording (this is so that only all selected tracks will be armed after the macro)
- Track: Set track record mode to input (actually mine uses "MIDI overdub" instead. It will still record audio inputs just fine choose the one you prefer)
- SWS: Set selected tracks monitor track media while recording (this one is optional. You might not want it)
- Track: Set track record mode monitor to on
- Track: Toggle record arm for selected tracks (there's also "SWS: set selected tracks to record armed", but as we previously unarmed all tracks, the toggle will do)

It will set up all selected tracks for recording/monitoring and unarm any other track.

As of the input setting, I have an eel ReaScript to set all selected track's inputs to "All MIDI inputs, All channels". But I am not entirely sure whether it will also work on systems with different amounts of MIDI devices (but would think so).

If that would help you and you want to try, you can download it here: https://stash.reaper.fm/v/28714/Track...20channels.eel

You'd just save the file somewhere (preferably in a folder called "Scripts" in your Reaper user data directory). Use the "Load" button in (the main section of) the action list window to make it available for Reaper.
As I am not sure if it works for you, this is the time to test it. So, while your action list is still open and the new script is highlighted:
- Set some track (or multiple, if you want) to any other input and select it (them).
- Then hit the "Run" button in the action list window.
- Now check whether the track's input has changed to "All MIDI inputs, All channels".

If yes, then Bingo! If not, the script is not working for everybody. Please report if that's the case (although I wouldn't know what to do about it)
If it works, you can squeeze it somewhere into the custom action described above, the placement should not matter in this case.

If you need more help, to create the custom action, or get Reaper to see the script, don't be shy to ask .

Edit: Uff, while I was writing my novel, DS ninja'd me once again . But I am not sure, that macro would probably keep other tracks record armed? Could be good for surprises

Last edited by gofer; 10-26-2016 at 08:37 AM.
gofer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 08:40 AM   #4
Tod

Yeah, DS's macro should work, but maybe should start out with "Track: Unarm all tracks for recording", that way you won't have any extra tracks armed.
Tod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 08:47 AM   #5
DarkStar

PS The way I do it is set up the Input Monitoring and All devices/ all channels etc in the Preferences/ Track/Send default / Record Config

Then just RecArm the desired tracks. Additionally the "Auto RecArm when track selected" feature could be used.

NB - if you go down this path , you may need to change / resave your Project Templates and Track Templates.

Last edited by DarkStar; 10-26-2016 at 02:14 PM. Reason: typo
DarkStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 11:58 AM   #6
SBK

Thank you all guys! You are the best

But Gofer, my man you are my hero. Thanks for your awesome support.
Your script works for me, luckily.
And it saved me. I've managed to do all I need.

Check out my attachment.

This custom aciton does exactly what I needed.

Turns all midi inputs and arm and monitor on,
and the second turns off arm and monitor!!!

Isn't this wonderful? Woohoo
Thanks Gofer, thanks guys, thanks Reaper!!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Untitled-1.jpg (51.5 KB, 134 views)
SBK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 03:31 PM   #7
gofer
-blänk-

Great to see you happy You're welcome
gofer is online now   Reply With Quote