Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > MIDI Hardware, Control Surfaces, and OSC

Old 02-07-2020, 02:34 PM   #6401
UNdark
Human being with feelings

Default MCU - jog wheel was, now not working...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Waddington View Post
In your Home Zone you have "Channel|1-8" and "Channel|".

Remove "Channel|".
Hi Geoff, I have done that - I've also put quotes around the actions as cragster suggested.
I've lost the use of the send button (it seems to open with send on by default) Also now all the buttons that did work, all only open the CSI learn window - i'll have to use the one before adding the quotes, but the track pan controller is still locking in width mode, it does adjust the width, just won't click back to pan... I'm using an old MCU could that be an issue ..?
Thanks
UNdark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 03:33 PM   #6402
Cragster

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNdark View Post
Ok - just put "" around my actions, but now the buttons that brought up windows correctly previously, all only bring up the learn mode window. All the buttons are lit up except send and flip. Am i mistaken in how i've done this? Here's an example:

Up Reaper “_cc9be43f03474da080547104941ad34e”
Down Reaper “_5741207a2b7140f797c4ddeb4c22d231”
Left Reaper “_34e411cd65464b71890b24a1f9d3b778”
Right Reaper “_ec0648b626224b408b78091ad88812da”

Thanks
Are they your custom actions ? Cause wen i started csi i got my zone file from someone using the same surface as me . And his zone file had a bunch of custom actions in it that were his. And wen i tried to use them ( obviously not knowing what they were cause they were made custom actions by him ) they also broght up the learn mode window. You said they worked before you put the quoted ?? Well either get rid of the quotes if that worked before or if they are not your custom actions just make new ones of your own. I have quotes around all the reaper actions in my zone. But maybe Geoff will know for sure. But i do know like i said if they are not your custom action they will prompt the learn mode window
Cragster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 03:36 PM   #6403
Cragster

And i dont know if it matters but i think you need a space between reaper and "
Old 02-08-2020, 01:24 AM   #6404
UNdark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cragster View Post
And i dont know if it matters but i think you need a space between reaper and "
THanks - I don't think things can be right here - i can't use "" around actions or it just turns that actions to open the csi window and even when I copy new corrected zon files from this page - (I just tried the corrected version of Sivert_H and the MCU sleeps..) The Mst i posted did most of what i needed just no jog wheel, though i still have pans that lock to width and no 2 state global/flip/. I did find that even when trashing the zon file, reaper was still referring to it over a new file in the csi window - that one had me for a while!
Old 02-08-2020, 04:44 AM   #6405
Cragster

Quote:
THanks - I don't think things can be right here - i can't use "" around actions or it just turns that actions to open the csi window and even when I copy new corrected zon files from this page - (I just tried the corrected version of Sivert_H and the MCU sleeps..) The Mst i posted did most of what i needed just no jog wheel, though i still have pans that lock to width and no 2 state global/flip/. I did find that even when trashing the zon file, reaper was still referring to it over a new file in the csi window - that one had me for a while!
Did you see my other reply? Are they custom actions you built or were they already in the zone file ?
Old 02-08-2020, 05:59 AM   #6406
SebyMusic

Quote:
Only you can make that decision.
Ok, but you did not answer my question I think. I was wondering where to look for to take the data from and then code it to arduino. From where in your plugin I can extract the information and then arduino could receive it?

tks
Seby
SebyMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 06:11 AM   #6407
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Originally Posted by SebyMusic View Post
Ok, but you did not answer my question I think. I was wondering where to look for to take the data from and then code it to arduino. From where in your plugin I can extract the information and then arduino could receive it?

tks
Seby
Ah, got it now, it's the other way around.

You tell CSI what the arduino will send and what it expects to receive in the .mst/.ost file.
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 06:46 AM   #6408
SebyMusic

Quote:
Ah, got it now, it's the other way around.

You tell CSI what the arduino will send and what it expects to receive in the .mst/.ost file.
Ok, I'm lost lol. Lets say I have a plugin Waves puigtec.
It's on a track, then I open it.
The arduino is controlling all knobs with encoders via midi information.
thats is working.
Now, there's a vu meter IN the plugin.
I don't undertand that you're saying that the arduino is giving information to csi.

I can understand that both are sending and receiving.
But how or from when I take the data coming FROM the plugin to the arduino VU meter coding.
Cause it's just reading from the plugin information, and then the arduino is converting it somehow to display it.

Tks for your help.

see the attachment
Seby
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WIN_20200208_09_08_34_Pro.jpg (37.5 KB, 158 views)

Last edited by SebyMusic; 02-08-2020 at 07:17 AM.
SebyMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 07:15 AM   #6409
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Originally Posted by SebyMusic View Post
Ok, I'm lost lol. Lets say I have a plugin Waves puigtec.
It's on a track, then I open it.
The arduino is controlling all knobs with encoders via midi information.
thats is working.
Now, there's a vu meter IN the plugin.
I don't undertand that you're saying that the arduino is giving information to csi.

I can understand that both are sending and receiving.
But how or from when I take the data coming FROM the plugin to the arduino VU meter coding.
Cause it's just reading from the plugin information, and then the arduino is converting it somehow to display it.

Tks for your help.
Seby
You define a FeedbackProcessor in the .mst file for the VU Meter.

If you plan to use MCU VU meter protocol, it would look like this:

Code:
Widget VUMeter1
	FB_MCUVUMeter 0
WidgetEnd

Widget VUMeter2
	FB_MCUVUMeter 1
WidgetEnd
Then you hook it to an Action in a .zon file, just like everything else.
Old 02-08-2020, 09:46 AM   #6410
UNdark

Quote:
Did you see my other reply? Are they custom actions you built or were they already in the zone file ?
I did thanks - I wanted to explain more but didn't have time. Prior to this project I started another work around with all my own actions written and used midi to run to and from the controller - it worked well but this is the future and I'm trying to replicate hwoit worked with the csi. I already have all my plugs midi linked to a sl 25 and switch that to banks - the only downside being i have used 26 presets to cover the variations in plugins, though all compressors are covered by one preset on the sl25, the 1973 drawmer or matthew lane need /use a different set of labels to make sense. Eventually I'd like to have this all on the MCU but it took months to get all the plugs labelled / working and making sense.. I' have too many plugins...!
So pretty much exclusively, yes - I am using my custom actions from this idea.
Am i right in thinking you had troubles and had to entirely delete the zon file? I trashed one and started to make another but reaper still used the one from the trash till i actually emptied the trash..

MAc mini quad 2.6 / el capitan / reaper 5.99

I can't use reaper 6 because it lost my tool bars! I had all my types of plugs to keys - EQ /comp etc but 6 doesn't work with that. Went back to 5.99 and all good again. Hope the 5.99 version should be ok with the CSI stuff..
Old 02-08-2020, 10:13 AM   #6411
Cragster

Quote:
I did thanks - I wanted to explain more but didn't have time. Prior to this project I started another work around with all my own actions written and used midi to run to and from the controller - it worked well but this is the future and I'm trying to replicate hwoit worked with the csi. I already have all my plugs midi linked to a sl 25 and switch that to banks - the only downside being i have used 26 presets to cover the variations in plugins, though all compressors are covered by one preset on the sl25, the 1973 drawmer or matthew lane need /use a different set of labels to make sense. Eventually I'd like to have this all on the MCU but it took months to get all the plugs labelled / working and making sense.. I' have too many plugins...!
So pretty much exclusively, yes - I am using my custom actions from this idea.
Am i right in thinking you had troubles and had to entirely delete the zon file? I trashed one and started to make another but reaper still used the one from the trash till i actually emptied the trash..

MAc mini quad 2.6 / el capitan / reaper 5.99

I can't use reaper 6 because it lost my tool bars! I had all my types of plugs to keys - EQ /comp etc but 6 doesn't work with that. Went back to 5.99 and all good again. Hope the 5.99 version should be ok with the CSI stuff..
Oh ok i got you. Yes i had trouble when i first started. Got my zone and mst file from someone else using the same surface as me (qcon prox). Btw imho a great surface .never ending supply of buttons . But rhat zone file had alot of his custom actions in it which were prompting the learn mode window wen i would use them.i thought maybe the same thing was happening to you.The guys on this forum helped me thru and alot of trial n error. I had to wipe out his custom actions and make my own. Im starting to play around with the pages part of csi. Idk maybe that can help you with all those plugins ? Are u familiar with how the pages work ? But as far as ur other issues keep asking here.you will get plenty of help .they helped me thru a ton of problems and things. Im new with this so i can only help so much.but ill give u what i can as was done for me wen i needed it. Good luck...edit ..i had no problems going to version 6 and i have lots of tool bars so idk

Last edited by Cragster; 02-08-2020 at 10:33 AM.
Old 02-08-2020, 11:03 AM   #6412
UNdark

Quote:
Oh ok i got you. Yes i had trouble when i first started. Got my zone and mst file from someone else using the same surface as me (qcon prox). Btw imho a great surface .never ending supply of buttons . But rhat zone file had alot of his custom actions in it which were prompting the learn mode window wen i would use them.i thought maybe the same thing was happening to you.The guys on this forum helped me thru and alot of trial n error. I had to wipe out his custom actions and make my own. Im starting to play around with the pages part of csi. Idk maybe that can help you with all those plugins ? Are u familiar with how the pages work ? But as far as ur other issues keep asking here.you will get plenty of help .they helped me thru a ton of problems and things. Im new with this so i can only help so much.but ill give u what i can as was done for me wen i needed it. Good luck...edit ..i had no problems going to version 6 and i have lots of tool bars so idk
Cragster - really appreciate the reply, thank you. I copied (originally) the MCU that came with the latest upload (and mst) so allocations should be in order. I copied the jog wheel hack - that worked a while back but has stopped during the build of the zon. (I copie the zon and mst info originally) But almost every action is one i made and still work via the keyboard. I'm not entirely sure how it works no! lol! I stick to working on 1 page and 1 surface. When i modify the zon, i go back to reaper open prefs for csi, change surface selection and change it back then ok twice to close both windows and it seems to update. Though the "solo" didn't start working till i did a full re boot. (cutom action to UNsolo any solo tracks) I have looked at other surfaces but had the MCU since 2009 and got used to replacing/fixing updating the old bird, so at the moment i'll stick to that.
I am imagining that if i add another surface (sl25) i could control plugs the same way as i do with midi.. if that stayed midi i'd like to send bank change messages so it selects the preset that works with the file - that would be cool - even bette if it worked via csi - kept the same labels on the sl25 and i guess i'd have to write the parameters from csi .. still - need to get the MCU as effective as it was via midi.
The only way i get the learn mode window coming up is when i add the "" around the commands (i did also follow your advice and added a space in from of the _ but the result was the same so i switched back the mst and zon files. I Don't understand the dylib 's job in this - maybe that would help?
Old 02-08-2020, 11:22 AM   #6413
Cragster

Quote:
Cragster - really appreciate the reply, thank you. I copied (originally) the MCU that came with the latest upload (and mst) so allocations should be in order. I copied the jog wheel hack - that worked a while back but has stopped during the build of the zon. (I copie the zon and mst info originally) But almost every action is one i made and still work via the keyboard. I'm not entirely sure how it works no! lol! I stick to working on 1 page and 1 surface. When i modify the zon, i go back to reaper open prefs for csi, change surface selection and change it back then ok twice to close both windows and it seems to update. Though the "solo" didn't start working till i did a full re boot. (cutom action to UNsolo any solo tracks) I have looked at other surfaces but had the MCU since 2009 and got used to replacing/fixing updating the old bird, so at the moment i'll stick to that.
I am imagining that if i add another surface (sl25) i could control plugs the same way as i do with midi.. if that stayed midi i'd like to send bank change messages so it selects the preset that works with the file - that would be cool - even bette if it worked via csi - kept the same labels on the sl25 and i guess i'd have to write the parameters from csi .. still - need to get the MCU as effective as it was via midi.
The only way i get the learn mode window coming up is when i add the "" around the commands (i did also follow your advice and added a space in from of the _ but the result was the same so i switched back the mst and zon files. I Don't understand the dylib 's job in this - maybe that would help?
If im not mistaken its the .dll file that goes in plugins folder. I did nothing with .dylib file. I think i explained that right . Sry im not at my computer
Old 02-08-2020, 11:34 AM   #6414
Cragster

You gonna hafta catch Geoff or one of the other guys here. They will get you going
Old 02-08-2020, 12:12 PM   #6415
Dberman

Default X-Touch One integration

I have a very simple mixing workflow, usually with just 3 or 4 acoustic instrument and vocal tracks. I'm trying to use CSI to put most of my common actions on a Behringer X-Touch One. My .mst and .zon files were pieced together from Geoff's MCU, Funkybot's Midi Twister Fighter, and various examples in this thread.

Right now, nothing works using the current build or the Dec. 14 build. I've confirmed the surface communicates with Reaper in its native Reaper and in MCU Klinke modes.

There are some widgets defined that aren't associated with actions in the .zon file, because I'm not sure if they are legit actions. Here is my .mst:

**EDIT: my indents seem to have disappeared in the post**

/Top row of buttons on X-T One)

Widget smpteBeats
Press 90 35 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget TimeDisplay
FB_MCUTimeDisplay
WidgetEnd

/Is there an action to select master track?

Widget ChannelSelect
Press 90 18 7F
FB_TwoState 90 81 7F 9018 00
WidgetEnd

Widget ChannelMute
Press 90 10 7F
FB_TwoState B1 02 7F B1 02 00
WidgetEnd

Widget ChannelSolo
Press 90 08 7F
FB_TwoState B1 03 7F B1 03 00
WidgetEnd

Widget RecordArm
Press 90 00 7F
FB_TwoState 90 00 7F 90 00 00
WidgetEnd

/2nd row of buttons on X-T One)

Widget Read
Press 90 36 7F
FB_TwoState 90 36 7F 90 36 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Write
Press B1 07 7F
FB_TwoState B1 07 7F B1 07 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Trim
Press 90 38 7F
FB_TwoState 90 38 7F 90 38 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Touch
Press 90 39 7F
FB_TwoState 90 38 7F 90 39 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Latch
Press 90 3A 7F
FB_TwoState 90 3A 7F 90 3A 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Click
Press 90 4B 7F
FB_TwoState 90 4B 7F 90 4B 00
WidgetEnd

/3rd row of buttons on X-T One)

Widget Marker
Press 90 54 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget Loop
Press 90 56 7F
FB_TwoState 90 56 7F 90 56 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Undo
Press 90 51 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget Redo
Press 90 59 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget Save
Press 90 5A 7F
WidgetEnd

/Transport buttons on X-T One

Widget Rewind
Press 90 5B 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget FastForward
Press 90 5C 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget Stop
Press 90 5D 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget Play
Press 90 5E 7F
FB_TwoState 90 5E 7F 90 5E 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Record
Press 90 5F 7F
FB_TwoState 90 5F 7F 90 5F 00
WidgetEnd

/Rotary encoder on X-T One

Widget Rotary
Encoder B0 10 7f
WidgetEnd

Widget RotaryPush
Press 90 20 7F
WidgetEnd

/Navigation buttons on X-T One
/Don't know if there are CSI actions for these

Widget MarkerLeft
Press 90 2E 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget MarkerRight
Press 90 2F 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget ChannelLeft
Press 90 30 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget ChannelRight
Press 9031 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget Zoom
Press 90 64 7F
FB_TwoState 90 64 7F 90 64 00
WidgetEnd

Widget ZoomOut
Press 90 61 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget ZoomIn
Press 90 60 7F
WidgetEnd

/Fader on X-T One

Widget Fader1
Fader14Bit 90 68 7F
FB_Fader14Bit 90 68 7F
WidgetEnd

And the .zon:

Zone Home
OnFXFocus MapFocusedFXToWidgets
IncludedZones
"SelChannelButtons"
"GlobalButtons"
"Channel"
IncludedZonesEnd
ZoneEnd

Zone "SelChannelButtons"
SelectedTrackNavigator

ChannelSelect TrackSelect
ChannelMute TrackMute
ChannelSolo TrackSolo
RecordArm TrackRecordArm

Read TrackAutoMode "1"
Write TrackAutoMode "3"
Trim TrackAutoMode "0"
Touch TrackAutoMode "2"
Latch TrackAutoMode "4"

Loop Reaper "1068"
Click Reaper "40364"

Rewind Rewind
FastForward FastForward
Stop Stop
Play Play
Record Record
ZoneEnd

Zone "GlobalButtons"
smpteBeats CycleTimeDisplayModes
TimeDisplay TimeDisplay

Undo Reaper "40029"
Redo Reaper "40030"
Save Reaper "40026"

Zoom
ZoomOut Reaper "1011"
ZoomIn Reaper "1012"

ChannelLeft TrackBank "-1"
ChannelRight TrackBank "1"

MarkerLeft
MarkerRight
ZoneEnd

Zone "Channel"
TrackNavigator
Rotary TrackPan "1"
RotaryPush TrackPan "0"
Fader TrackVolume
ZoneEnd

Last edited by Dberman; 02-08-2020 at 12:14 PM. Reason: text is not formatted the same in the post
Dberman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 12:37 PM   #6416
Funkybot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dberman View Post
**EDIT: my indents seem to have disappeared in the post**

Hi Dberman, if you wrap the sections with the word code in brackets to start, then /code in brackets to end, it'll maintain the formatting and make it easier to read/navigate in the forum.

So like this for the start of each new code section...
[code]

...then copy and paste that and add a forward slash / before the word code to wrap up each section.
Funkybot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 12:48 PM   #6417
Funkybot

Now Dberman, one thing that immediately sticks out is the syntax in the .zon file. You're missing the pipe characters there. It should look like this...

Code:
Zone Home
	IncludedZones
		"SelChannelButtons|"
		"GlobalButtons|"
		"Channel|"
	IncludedZonesEnd
ZoneEnd
Old 02-08-2020, 01:05 PM   #6418
Dberman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkybot View Post
Now Dberman, one thing that immediately sticks out is the syntax in the .zon file. You're missing the pipe characters there. It should look like this...

Code:
Zone Home
	IncludedZones
		"SelChannelButtons|"
		"GlobalButtons|"
		"Channel|"
	IncludedZonesEnd
ZoneEnd
FUnkybot, thanks again for the tip and the info on the pipe. From what I was seeing, I thought that only applied when you had multiple controls all defined in the same zone, like 8 faders.

Out of nowhere, some of my button maps started working without the pipes and with CSI set to Track Control instead of Mixer Control. I put in the pipes, and back to square 0. I know you and others have been through this before, but man, how frustrating.

Anyway, thanks for the help. reposting my updated files:

MST
Code:

Widget smpteBeats
    Press 90 35 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget TimeDisplay
    FB_MCUTimeDisplay
WidgetEnd

Widget ChannelSelect
    Press 90 18 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget ChannelMute
    Press 90 10 7F
WidgetEnd 

Widget ChannelSolo
    Press 90 08 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget RecordArm
    Press 90 00 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget Read
    Press 90 36 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget Write
    Press B1 07 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget Trim
    Press 90 38 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget Touch
    Press 90 39 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget Latch
    Press 90 3A 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget Click
    Press 90 4B 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget Marker
    Press 90 54 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget Loop
    Press 90 56 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget Undo
  Press 90 51 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget Redo
  Press 90 59 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget Save
  Press 90 5A 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget Rewind
  Press 90 5B 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget FastForward
  Press 90 5C 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget Stop
  Press 90 5D 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget Play
    Press 90 5E 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget Record
    Press 90 5F 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget Rotary
  Encoder B0 10 7f
WidgetEnd

Widget RotaryPush
    Press 90 20 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget MarkerLeft
    Press 90 2E 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget MarkerRight
  Press 90 2F 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget ChannelLeft
  Press 90 30 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget ChannelRight
  Press 9031 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget Zoom
    Press 90 64 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget ZoomOut
    Press 90 61 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget ZoomIn
  Press 90 60 7F
WidgetEnd

/Fader on X-T One

Widget Fader1
	Fader14Bit 90 68 7F
	FB_Fader14Bit 90 68 7F
WidgetEnd
ZON
Code:
Zone Home
	IncludedZones
		"SelChannelButtons|"
		"GlobalButtons|"
		"Channel|"
	IncludedZonesEnd
ZoneEnd

Zone "SelChannelButtons"
	SelectedTrackNavigator

ChannelSelect  TrackSelect	
	ChannelMute    TrackMute
	ChannelSolo    TrackSolo
	RecordArm      TrackRecordArm

Read 	TrackAutoMode 	"1"
	Write 	TrackAutoMode 	"3"
	Trim 	TrackAutoMode 	"0"
	Touch 	TrackAutoMode 	"2"
	Latch 	TrackAutoMode 	"4"

Loop  Reaper "1068"
	Click Reaper "40364"

Rewind      Rewind
	FastForward FastForward
	Stop        Stop
	Play        Play
	Record      Record
ZoneEnd

Zone "GlobalButtons"
	TimeDisplay TimeDisplay

Undo Reaper "40029"
	Redo Reaper "40030"
	Save Reaper "40026"

Zoom 
	ZoomOut Reaper "1011"
	ZoomIn Reaper  "1012"

ChannelLeft 	TrackBank "-1"
	ChannelRight 	TrackBank "1"

MarkerLeft
	MarkerRight
ZoneEnd

Zone "Channel"
	TrackNavigator
	Rotary		TrackPan "1"	
	RotaryPush	TrackPan "0"
	Fader		TrackVolume
ZoneEnd
Old 02-08-2020, 01:07 PM   #6419
Funkybot

Now...what if you try this for your .zon file, does this do a better job? Backup your current .zon and copy and paste this text exactly. Don't forget to close and restart Reaper.

Code:
Zone Home
	IncludedZones
		"SelChannelButtons|"
		"GlobalButtons|"
		"Channel|"
	IncludedZonesEnd
ZoneEnd

Zone "SelChannelButtons|"
	SelectedTrackNavigator

ChannelLeft 	Reaper 40286
	ChannelRight 	Reaper 40285

ChannelMute    TrackMute
	ChannelSolo    TrackSolo

Read 	TrackAutoMode 1
	Write 	TrackAutoMode 3
	Trim 	TrackAutoMode 0
	Touch 	TrackAutoMode 2	
        Latch 	TrackAutoMode 4

Loop  Reaper 1068
	Click Reaper 40364

Rewind      Rewind
	FastForward FastForward
	Stop        Stop
	Play        Play
	Record      Record
ZoneEnd

Zone "GlobalButtons|"
	TimeDisplay TimeDisplay

Undo Reaper 40029
	Redo Reaper 40030
	Save Reaper 40026

Zoom 
	ZoomOut Reaper 1011
	ZoomIn Reaper 1012

MarkerLeft
	MarkerRight
ZoneEnd

Zone "Channel|"
	SelectedTrackNavigator
	Rotary		TrackPan 1	
	RotaryPush	TrackPan 0
	Fader1		TrackVolume
ZoneEnd
...here's what I did:

1. Attempted to clean up the syntax with the pipe characters

2. Moved the ChannelLeft and ChannelRight widgets to the Selected Channel section and used a Repaer action instead of TrackBank to navigate to the next and previous channel - this is what I do on the MFTwister so I'm confident that approach works with the SelectedTrackNavigator

3. Changed it so Fader1 lives in a SelectedTrackNavigator. So you select a track in Reaper, Fader1 should be linked to it. You click Channel Left/Right, Fader1 is linked to the new channel. Same for Pan. I just watched a video on using this in Logic and that's how they were doing it, so I mimicked that here.

4. Removed the quotes around Reaper actions. I know Cragster said use them, but I never did and I'm not having issues so I'm just sticking with my approach. He could be right. Question for Geoff: is there an official word on quotes around Reaper action in .zon files? Did the syntax change at all recently around that? That could explain my issues with the most recent build if yes.

Note: I'm using the January 16 2020 CSI build. If you're using a December build, it's very likely the syntax changed. If you're using the current build, well, I never got that one to work.

Try this out and post back if it works, or if parts of it don't work.
Old 02-08-2020, 01:19 PM   #6420
Cragster

Quote:
Now...what if you try this for your .zon file, does this do a better job? Backup your current .zon and copy and paste this text exactly. Don't forget to close and restart Reaper.

Code:
Zone Home
	IncludedZones
		"SelChannelButtons|"
		"GlobalButtons|"
		"Channel|"
	IncludedZonesEnd
ZoneEnd

Zone "SelChannelButtons|"
	SelectedTrackNavigator

ChannelLeft 	Reaper 40286
	ChannelRight 	Reaper 40285

ChannelMute    TrackMute
	ChannelSolo    TrackSolo

Read 	TrackAutoMode 1
	Write 	TrackAutoMode 3
	Trim 	TrackAutoMode 0
	Touch 	TrackAutoMode 2	
        Latch 	TrackAutoMode 4

Loop  Reaper 1068
	Click Reaper 40364

Rewind      Rewind
	FastForward FastForward
	Stop        Stop
	Play        Play
	Record      Record
ZoneEnd

Zone "GlobalButtons|"
	TimeDisplay TimeDisplay

Undo Reaper 40029
	Redo Reaper 40030
	Save Reaper 40026

Zoom 
	ZoomOut Reaper 1011
	ZoomIn Reaper 1012

MarkerLeft
	MarkerRight
ZoneEnd

Zone "Channel|"
	SelectedTrackNavigator
	Rotary		TrackPan 1	
	RotaryPush	TrackPan 0
	Fader1		TrackVolume
ZoneEnd
...here's what I did:

1. Attempted to clean up the syntax with the pipe characters

2. Moved the ChannelLeft and ChannelRight widgets to the Selected Channel section and used a Repaer action instead of TrackBank to navigate to the next and previous channel - this is what I do on the MFTwister so I'm confident that approach works with the SelectedTrackNavigator

3. Changed it so Fader1 lives in a SelectedTrackNavigator. So you select a track in Reaper, Fader1 should be linked to it. You click Channel Left/Right, Fader1 is linked to the new channel. Same for Pan. I just watched a video on using this in Logic and that's how they were doing it, so I mimicked that here.

4. Removed the quotes around Reaper actions. I know Cragster said use them, but I never did and I'm not having issues so I'm just sticking with my approach. He could be right. Question for Geoff: is there an official word on quotes around Reaper action in .zon files? Did the syntax change at all recently around that? That could explain my issues with the most recent build if yes.

Note: I'm using the January 16 2020 CSI build. If you're using a December build, it's very likely the syntax changed. If you're using the current build, well, I never got that one to work.

Try this out and post back if it works, or if parts of it don't work.
I never tried the latest build. And im not really sure about the guotes around actions. All i know is they were around all the actions wen i got the zone file. And im not entirely sure on this as im not at my computer but i think i remember one of my actions not working without quotes. I could surely be wrong. But all my actions including custom and sws etc work with the quotes. So i stick with it. We'll hafta get Geoffs input on that one
Old 02-08-2020, 01:23 PM   #6421
Cragster

And just to give my 2 cents i would listen to funkybot before me . Hes much better at this then i
Old 02-08-2020, 01:46 PM   #6422
WaveTrans

Quote:
If you're using the current build, well, I never got that one to work.
Neither did I.
Doesn´t do anything; not even transport.
WaveTrans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 01:52 PM   #6423
Dberman

Quote:
I tried this zon file, and same results -- nothing works. I have the last 2 versions of the dll and have tried both. As I said in an earlier post, almost everything started working a few restarts ago, but not now. I have no way to diagnose the problem, unless it's in my MST or ZON (or the surface, which might be for sale soon...)

I really, appreciate all the time and patience from everyone on this forum. It truly is a community. I'm hoping it's a community that can make me feel like less of a dumbass one of these days.
Old 02-08-2020, 02:17 PM   #6424
Funkybot

Quote:
I tried this zon file, and same results -- nothing works. I have the last 2 versions of the dll and have tried both. As I said in an earlier post, almost everything started working a few restarts ago, but not now. I have no way to diagnose the problem, unless it's in my MST or ZON (or the surface, which might be for sale soon...)

I really, appreciate all the time and patience from everyone on this forum. It truly is a community. I'm hoping it's a community that can make me feel like less of a dumbass one of these days.
I wouldn't give up hope or sell the surface just yet. I was looking at it just now thinking, "ah, that's pretty good, maybe I should pick one up."

CSI can be frustrating as you troubleshoot or deal with build issues. It took me a good few tries and probably a few dozen hours on and off before it clicked. I started with a very simple device, got a few things working, then went from there to more complex devices. And there was a LOT of hand-holding along the way, which is why I try to pay it back.

Remember: it's an Alpha. This is nowhere near complete and issues/challenges are to be expected so if you're prepared to be patient and experiment, you'll get it working. Even if it means waiting for a new build.

So a few questions, please just confirm each.

1. Are you in MCU mode (not sure if it even uses anything else) in the X-Touch One? If yes, good.

2. Are your X-Touch One MIDI Ports completely disabled in Reaper's Preferences -> MIDI Devices? If yes, good.

3. Are you completely closing and restarting Reaper each time you make a change to your .mst and .zon files? This is required for changes to take effect. If yes, good.

4. Are the correct X-Touch MIDI Ports setup in the CSI device? If yes, good.

5. Are you using any spaces in your widget names, folder names, or .zon file names? Spaces are not allowed. For instance, "X-Touch One" should be "X-Touch_One."

6. What CSI build are you currently using? I'd share the January 16th build with you if Geoff's cool with that, but it's otherwise not mine to share without permission.

7. Can you post your CSI.ini? There was a syntax change here. If you're using a December build, the colors may need to be in straight brackets. If you're using a more recent build, the colors need to be in curly brackets.

My guess is 6 and/or 7 are the most likely culprits, but go through each question in order and verify everything.
Old 02-08-2020, 03:04 PM   #6425
Dberman

Funkybot, This is what I have:

1. Are you in MCU mode (not sure if it even uses anything else) in the X-Touch One? If yes, good.
>>Yes, the XTO has multiple DAW specific modes plus MC User, which is where I'm operating.

2. Are your X-Touch One MIDI Ports completely disabled in Reaper's Preferences -> MIDI Devices? If yes, good.
>>This is a new one on me. It brought most of the buttons back to life!

3. Are you completely closing and restarting Reaper each time you make a change to your .mst and .zon files? This is required for changes to take effect. If yes, good.
>> over, and over, and over

4. Are the correct X-Touch MIDI Ports setup in the CSI device? If yes, good.
>> Not sure what this means. I attached a screenshot of my surface in Preferences.

5. Are you using any spaces in your widget names, folder names, or .zon file names? Spaces are not allowed. For instance, "X-Touch One" should be "X-Touch_One."
>> No

6. What CSI build are you currently using? I'd share the January 16th build with you if Geoff's cool with that, but it's otherwise not mine to share without permission.
>> Currently on 2/2/20 from the Reaper stash. I also have the Dec/2019 build and tried that, too.

7. Can you post your CSI.ini? There was a syntax change here. If you're using a December build, the colors may need to be in straight brackets. If you're using a more recent build, the colors need to be in curly brackets.
>> This is my current ini:
Code:
Page "XTO" FollowTCP NoSynchPages NoScrollLink NoTrackColoring 0 0 0
MidiSurface "MCU-XTO" 0 1 "MCU-XTO.mst" "MCU-XTO" NoZoneLink NoAutoMapSends AutoMapFX NoAutoMapFXMenu AutoMapFocusedFX
The one that was created with the December build has 1 difference. Instead of FollowTCP, it has this:
Code:
Page "XTO" FollowMCP NoSynchPages UseScrollLink NoTrackColoring 0 0 0
MidiSurface "CSI-XTO" 0 1 "MCU-XTO.mst" "MCU-XTO" NoZoneLink NoAutoMapSends AutoMapFX NoAutoMapFXMenu AutoMapFocusedFX
Out of everything in my mst and zon files, these features work, but the lights on the XTO don't (not worrying about that now)
Cycle Time display
Click
Undo
Automation modes EXCEPT write, that button triggers Click
Track arm, solo, mute
Zoom timeline (but not zoom track)
Cycle repeat
Transport buttons light up but don't do anything.

My guess is 6 and/or 7 are the most likely culprits, but go through each question in order and verify everything.
Attached Images
File Type: png CSI Surface.png (12.1 KB, 155 views)
Old 02-08-2020, 03:05 PM   #6426
Funkybot

Another question for Geoff: let's say I have a one-fader surface like the X-Touch One or FaderPort controlling the selected track (SelectedTrackNavigator) and I'm also using another 8-channel fader like my Artist Mix at the same time. Would the selected track fader disappear from the Artist Mix because CSI can't duplicate faders across multiple surfaces? That could be annoying if so.

Or do the different Navigators make it so the fader CAN be duplicated? And if yes, then couldn't multiple navigators be a potential solution for duplicating entire fader banks/surfaces? Example: TrackNavigator1 is assigned to my Artist Mix, TrackNavigator2 is assigned to my MFTwister, both control channels 1-8.
Old 02-08-2020, 04:10 PM   #6427
Funkybot

Quote:
>> Currently on 2/2/20 from the Reaper stash. I also have the Dec/2019 build and tried that, too.
So a few of us, myself included, had problems with the 2/2/20 build. I'm on Windows. Goeff develops on Mac (I believe). So if you're also on Windows, I'd probably stay away from that build as for all we know, that may be the cause of the issue. If you're a Mac user, disregard. I'd assume it works on Mac.

But...before you try the December build again, see the next section...

Quote:
>> This is my current ini:
Code:
Page "XTO" FollowTCP NoSynchPages NoScrollLink NoTrackColoring 0 0 0
MidiSurface "MCU-XTO" 0 1 "MCU-XTO.mst" "MCU-XTO" NoZoneLink NoAutoMapSends AutoMapFX NoAutoMapFXMenu AutoMapFocusedFX
...Ok, so if you are going to use the 2/2/20 build, the CSI.ini syntax recently changed. See those three zeroes in the first line? Now they need to have curly brackets around them like this:

{0 0 0}

Try that first. Only with the 2/2/2020 build. If you go back to the December build, go back to the way you had it.

So stay on the 2/2/2020 build, especially if that's the build some buttons are working with, update the CSI.ini to include the brackets, and restart Reaper and see if that magically fixes anything.

Quote:
Out of everything in my mst and zon files, these features work, but the lights on the XTO don't (not worrying about that now)
Cycle Time display
Click
Undo
Automation modes EXCEPT write, that button triggers Click
Track arm, solo, mute
Zoom timeline (but not zoom track)
Cycle repeat
Transport buttons light up but don't do anything.
It's good that some stuff is working. That means CSI is installed correctly and the surface is communicating with it.

Question: for the buttons that don't work, did you verify that the MIDI addresses in the .mst actually match up with what the Control Surface is sending? You're probably good, I'm assuming MCU sticks to a defined standard, but I'd probably just double check to rule that out.

If none of this gets you any closer, my advice is: be patient, hang back a bit until there's a new build or Geoff or someone sees whatever is missing.
Old 02-08-2020, 04:36 PM   #6428
nofish

Quote:
So a few of us, myself included, had problems with the 2/2/20 build.
FWIW, I also tried the current (2/2/20) build on Win 8.1 a few days ago. I'm using a BCR which emulates a MCU and it also didn't work at all for me. I even deleted the customisations I had done, so it was all factory files, but no go. No reactions on Reaper when I turned knobs. It all worked fine with the build I've tried before that (it's been a while though, so I don't remember which build it was unfortunately.)
Didn't post yet because, as I'm not constantly following here, I thought maybe I did something wrong on my side.
nofish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 05:08 PM   #6429
Geoff Waddington

Thanks for all the support folks, this is a great community.

Should have a new build in a day or two, hopefully Windows will be magically fixed -- unfortunately I can't test on Windows.
Old 02-08-2020, 05:16 PM   #6430
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Another question for Geoff: let's say I have a one-fader surface like the X-Touch One or FaderPort controlling the selected track (SelectedTrackNavigator) and I'm also using another 8-channel fader like my Artist Mix at the same time. Would the selected track fader disappear from the Artist Mix because CSI can't duplicate faders across multiple surfaces? That could be annoying if so.

Or do the different Navigators make it so the fader CAN be duplicated? And if yes, then couldn't multiple navigators be a potential solution for duplicating entire fader banks/surfaces? Example: TrackNavigator1 is assigned to my Artist Mix, TrackNavigator2 is assigned to my MFTwister, both control channels 1-8.
You just illustrated you totally get CSI

You can pull the trick off with anything but a TrackNavigator.

All the other Navigators manage themselves, they represent a single Track - Selected, Focused, etc.

TrackNavigator is special.

There are usually many TrackNavigators -- one for each Channel.

They are managed by -- wait for it -- TrackNavigationManager -- it manages placing tracks correctly (banking etc.).

Right now TrackNavigationManager simply aggregates, but let's put on the beta phase plan a feature that allows different ways of managing the multiple Channel surfaces besides the current simple linear aggregation.
Old 02-08-2020, 05:26 PM   #6431
Funkybot

Quote:
You just illustrated you totally get CSI

Right now TrackNavigationManager simply aggregates, but let's put on the beta phase plan a feature that allows different ways of managing the multiple Channel surfaces besides the current simple linear aggregation.
Thanks for the response! It's all coming together in here.

What made me go down that train of thought was the X-Touch One. I figured it wasn't stealing the fader, so the Navigators have to be what allow for that. I like the idea of a one-fader surface right next to my MFTwister and that X-Touch One looks like a good option.
Old 02-08-2020, 05:54 PM   #6432
MixMonkey

Quote:

Anyway, thanks for the help. reposting my updated files:

MST
Code:

Widget smpteBeats
    Press 90 35 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget TimeDisplay
    FB_MCUTimeDisplay
WidgetEnd

Widget ChannelSelect
    Press 90 18 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget ChannelMute
    Press 90 10 7F
WidgetEnd 

Widget ChannelSolo
    Press 90 08 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget RecordArm
    Press 90 00 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget Read
    Press 90 36 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget Write
    Press B1 07 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget Trim
    Press 90 38 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget Touch
    Press 90 39 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget Latch
    Press 90 3A 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget Click
    Press 90 4B 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget Marker
    Press 90 54 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget Loop
    Press 90 56 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget Undo
  Press 90 51 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget Redo
  Press 90 59 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget Save
  Press 90 5A 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget Rewind
  Press 90 5B 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget FastForward
  Press 90 5C 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget Stop
  Press 90 5D 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget Play
    Press 90 5E 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget Record
    Press 90 5F 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget Rotary
  Encoder B0 10 7f
WidgetEnd

Widget RotaryPush
    Press 90 20 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget MarkerLeft
    Press 90 2E 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget MarkerRight
  Press 90 2F 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget ChannelLeft
  Press 90 30 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget ChannelRight
  Press 9031 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget Zoom
    Press 90 64 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget ZoomOut
    Press 90 61 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget ZoomIn
  Press 90 60 7F
WidgetEnd

/Fader on X-T One

Widget Fader1
	Fader14Bit 90 68 7F
	FB_Fader14Bit 90 68 7F
WidgetEnd
Some errors in your .mst, might be throwing a spanner in the works.

Code:
Widget ChannelSelect
    Press 90 18 7F
WidgetEnd
should be:
Code:
Widget ChannelSelect
    Press 90 18 7F
    FB_TwoState 90 18 7F 90 18 00
WidgetEnd
Also, are your sure about these?

Code:
Widget ChannelMute
    Press 90 10 7F
WidgetEnd 

Widget ChannelSolo
    Press 90 08 7F
WidgetEnd
Normally (whatever that is) they would be:

Code:
Widget ChannelMute
    Press 90 10 7F
    FB_TwoState 90 10 7F 90 10 00
WidgetEnd 

Widget ChannelSolo
    Press 90 08 7F
    FB_TwoState 90 08 7F 90 08 00
WidgetEnd
Again, in this cluster:
Code:
Widget Read
    Press 90 36 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget Write
    Press B1 07 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget Trim
    Press 90 38 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget Touch
    Press 90 39 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget Latch
    Press 90 3A 7F
WidgetEnd
it seems more likely that Write and Touch would be:

Code:
Widget Write
    Press 90 37 7F
    FB_TwoState 90 37 7F 90 37 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Touch
    Press 90 39 7F
    FB_TwoState 90 39 7F 90 39 00
WidgetEnd
You're missing some feedback for certain buttons (Stop, Rew etc) but that won't prevent them from working.

Typo in:
Code:
Widget ChannelRight
  Press 9031 7F
WidgetEnd
should be:

Code:
Widget ChannelRight
  Press 90 31 7F
WidgetEnd
I don't think it's very likely the Fader is:
Code:
Widget Fader1
	Fader14Bit 90 68 7F
	FB_Fader14Bit 90 68 7F
WidgetEnd
Maybe:

Code:
Widget Fader1
	Fader7Bit B0 68 7F
	FB_Fader7Bit B0 68 7F
WidgetEnd
I'd check to see what the fader is actually sending, as it coud also be something like:

Code:
Widget Fader1
	Fader14Bit e0 7F 7F
	FB_Fader14Bit e0 7F 7F
WidgetEnd
A fader 1 on a Mackie MCU sends this. Probably a good idea to check what the surface is sending for all the controls, just to make sure your .mst matches up.
MixMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 06:22 PM   #6433
MixMonkey

Quote:
Thanks for all the support folks, this is a great community.

Should have a new build in a day or two, hopefully Windows will be magically fixed -- unfortunately I can't test on Windows.
I couldn't get it to do anything on Mac either
Old 02-08-2020, 08:02 PM   #6434
Dberman

Quote:
What made me go down that train of thought was the X-Touch One. I figured it wasn't stealing the fader, so the Navigators have to be what allow for that. I like the idea of a one-fader surface right next to my MFTwister and that X-Touch One looks like a good option.
I'm not sure 'good option' is the way I'd describe the One Touch. But, thanks to Funkybot, Cragster, Geoff, and others, I'm making progress. I have almost everything working in the setup I've been trying to create. There are a few weird things that I think may be unique to the XTO.
- The Select Master Track button doesn't return a midi note in Midi-Ox. I can press it and it lights up and appears to be selected, but I can't map a widget to it.
- Speaking of lights, some lights on buttons work as expected and others either don't or they don't turn off and on when pressed. I'm guessing this is a feedback issue, and it's the lowest priority to get working.
- I've lost control of the fader. It was working, but now it's jittery and the mixer doesn't track with movements to the physical fader. One of my primary goals is to write automation with the fader, so this is not good.
- Haven't even started on the jog wheel. I heard there is a hack in one of the other zone files.

Thanks again, everyone. Looking forward to Geoff's next build.
Old 02-08-2020, 08:43 PM   #6435
Dberman

Quote:
A fader 1 on a Mackie MCU sends this. Probably a good idea to check what the surface is sending for all the controls, just to make sure your .mst matches up.
MixMonkey, thanks for the thorough review of my .mst. Yes, I fixed all the typos. The weird hex addresses were just copy-paste-forget errors.

I tried 7bit and 14 bit on the fader with the same results. From your example,that looks more like the pitch bend values than the midi notes.
Old 02-08-2020, 08:57 PM   #6436
Cragster

Quote:
I'm not sure 'good option' is the way I'd describe the One Touch. But, thanks to Funkybot, Cragster, Geoff, and others, I'm making progress. I have almost everything working in the setup I've been trying to create. There are a few weird things that I think may be unique to the XTO.
- The Select Master Track button doesn't return a midi note in Midi-Ox. I can press it and it lights up and appears to be selected, but I can't map a widget to it.
- Speaking of lights, some lights on buttons work as expected and others either don't or they don't turn off and on when pressed. I'm guessing this is a feedback issue, and it's the lowest priority to get working.
- I've lost control of the fader. It was working, but now it's jittery and the mixer doesn't track with movements to the physical fader. One of my primary goals is to write automation with the fader, so this is not good.
- Haven't even started on the jog wheel. I heard there is a hack in one of the other zone files.

Thanks again, everyone. Looking forward to Geoff's next build.
I know all about the frustration getting this going . But also fun at the same time. I asked my share of questions mostly dumb ones haha but once you got everything working its worth it. Just keep experimenting. Trial and error. And the guys on this forum always answered and helped no matter . So your in the right place. Glad you getting there !!
Old 02-08-2020, 09:26 PM   #6437
Funkybot

Quote:
I tried 7bit and 14 bit on the fader with the same results. From your example,that looks more like the pitch bend values than the midi notes.
So is the fader still not working? I'd suggest:

1. You've made some changes, post your updated .zon and .mst files here. Jittery sounds like there's a conflict somewhere. If there is, MixMonkey will spot it

2. Open the CSI Learn Mode in Reaper's actions, check the box to show input from surfaces and move the fader...does the MIDI address data match up with the widget in the .mst?

3. Is that the last thing not really working (outside of Jogwheel)? Anything else you need help with?
Old 02-08-2020, 10:20 PM   #6438
MalcolmG

Default Issues Updating after falling behind

Hi guys,

I've stayed on an old version for awhile as it was mostly working and the things I wanted to push forward on were held up with pending bug fixes.

Anyway, this weekend I decided I'd better update. I backed up everything, and grabbed the new alpha package.

- at startup it grumbled about not being able to find VCRUNTIME140_1.dll so I updated my VC Runtime package and that went away.
- I updated my CSI.ini to wrap the track colours in {}
- I updated all references to zone names (except Home) to be wrapped in quotes
- Updated Press to only take one midi msg.

However I couldn't get any response from my surface. So I ripped all my surfaces out of CSI.INI except for one, and dropped it right back to a minimal zone definition (see below), but still no joy.

- I can see my widgets in the Learn window
- I can see messages for this surface in the Msg log

However, I guess I"m still missing some change that's happened in the last month or two.

Anyone see anything obvious?

Cheers
Malcolm

UPDATE: after posting this, I ripped all the definitions out of my MST except for the 8 Fader definitions. Same result.

Code:
Page "Recording" FollowMCP NoSynchPages UseScrollLink NoTrackColoring  { 75 255 166 }
MidiSurface "BCF2000Left" 5 6 "BCF2000.mst" "BCF2000Left" UseZoneLink NoAutoMapSends NoAutoMapFX AutoMapFXMenu AutoMapFocusedFX
Code:
Zone Home
	IncludedZones
		"Channel|1-8" 
	IncludedZonesEnd
ZoneEnd

Zone "Channel|" 
	TrackNavigator
	Fader|  TrackVolume
ZoneEnd
Code:
Widget RotaryG11
	Encoder b0 01 7f
	FB_Encoder b0 01 7f
WidgetEnd

Widget RotaryG12
	Encoder b0 02 7f
	FB_Encoder b0 02 00
WidgetEnd

Widget RotaryG13
	Encoder b0 03 7f
	FB_Encoder b0 03 00
WidgetEnd

Widget RotaryG14
	Encoder b0 04 7f
	FB_Encoder b0 04 00
WidgetEnd

Widget RotaryG15
	Encoder b0 05 7f
	FB_Encoder b0 05 00
WidgetEnd

Widget RotaryG16
	Encoder b0 06 7f
	FB_Encoder b0 06 00
WidgetEnd

Widget RotaryG17
	Encoder b0 07 7f
	FB_Encoder b0 07 00
WidgetEnd

Widget RotaryG18
	Encoder b0 08 7f
	FB_Encoder b0 08 00
WidgetEnd

Widget RotaryG21
	Fader7Bit b0 09 7f
	FB_Fader7Bit b0 09 00
WidgetEnd

Widget RotaryG22
	Fader7Bit b0 0a 7f
	FB_Fader7Bit b0 0a 00
WidgetEnd

Widget RotaryG23
	Fader7Bit b0 0b 7f
	FB_Fader7Bit b0 0b 00
WidgetEnd

Widget RotaryG24
	Fader7Bit b0 0c 7f
	FB_Fader7Bit b0 0c 00
WidgetEnd

Widget RotaryG25
	Fader7Bit b0 0d 7f
	FB_Fader7Bit b0 0d 00
WidgetEnd

Widget RotaryG26
	Fader7Bit b0 0e 7f
	FB_Fader7Bit b0 0e 00
WidgetEnd

Widget RotaryG27
	Fader7Bit b0 0f 7f
	FB_Fader7Bit b0 0f 00
WidgetEnd

Widget RotaryG28
	Fader7Bit b0 10 7f
	FB_Fader7Bit b0 10 00
WidgetEnd

Widget RotaryG31
	Fader7Bit b0 11 7f
	FB_Fader7Bit b0 11 00
WidgetEnd

Widget RotaryG32
	Fader7Bit b0 12 7f
	FB_Fader7Bit b0 12 00
WidgetEnd

Widget RotaryG33
	Fader7Bit b0 13 7f
	FB_Fader7Bit b0 13 00
WidgetEnd

Widget RotaryG34
	Fader7Bit b0 14 7f
	FB_Fader7Bit b0 14 00
WidgetEnd

Widget RotaryG35
	Fader7Bit b0 15 7f
	FB_Fader7Bit b0 15 00
WidgetEnd

Widget RotaryG36
	Fader7Bit b0 16 7f
	FB_Fader7Bit b0 16 00
WidgetEnd

Widget RotaryG37
	Fader7Bit b0 17 7f
	FB_Fader7Bit b0 17 00
WidgetEnd

Widget RotaryG38
	Fader7Bit b0 18 7f
	FB_Fader7Bit b0 18 00
WidgetEnd

Widget RotaryG41
	Fader7Bit b0 19 7f
	FB_Fader7Bit b0 19 00
WidgetEnd

Widget RotaryG42
	Fader7Bit b0 1a 7f
	FB_Fader7Bit b0 1a 00
WidgetEnd

Widget RotaryG43
	Fader7Bit b0 1b 7f
	FB_Fader7Bit b0 1b 00
WidgetEnd

Widget RotaryG44
	Fader7Bit b0 1c 7f
	FB_Fader7Bit b0 1c 00
WidgetEnd

Widget RotaryG45
	Fader7Bit b0 1d 7f
	FB_Fader7Bit b0 1d 00
WidgetEnd

Widget RotaryG46
	Fader7Bit b0 1e 7f
	FB_Fader7Bit b0 1e 00
WidgetEnd

Widget RotaryG47
	Fader7Bit b0 1f 7f
	FB_Fader7Bit b0 1f 00
WidgetEnd

Widget RotaryG48
	Fader7Bit b0 20 7f
	FB_Fader7Bit b0 20 00
WidgetEnd

Widget RotaryPushG11 
    Press 90 00 7f 
WidgetEnd 

Widget RotaryPushG12 
    Press 90 01 7f
WidgetEnd 

Widget RotaryPushG13 
    Press 90 02 7f
WidgetEnd 

Widget RotaryPushG14 
    Press 90 03 7f
WidgetEnd 

Widget RotaryPushG15 
    Press 90 04 7f
WidgetEnd 

Widget RotaryPushG16 
    Press 90 05 7f
WidgetEnd 

Widget RotaryPushG17 
    Press 90 06 7f
WidgetEnd 

Widget RotaryPushG18 
    Press 90 07 7f
WidgetEnd 

Widget RotaryPushG21 
    Press 90 08 7f
WidgetEnd 

Widget RotaryPushG22 
    Press 90 09 7f
WidgetEnd 

Widget RotaryPushG23 
    Press 90 0a 7f
WidgetEnd 

Widget RotaryPushG24 
    Press 90 0b 7f
WidgetEnd 

Widget RotaryPushG25 
    Press 90 0c 7f
WidgetEnd 

Widget RotaryPushG26 
    Press 90 0d 7f
WidgetEnd 

Widget RotaryPushG27 
    Press 90 0e 7f
WidgetEnd 

Widget RotaryPushG28 
    Press 90 0f 7f
WidgetEnd 

Widget RotaryPushG31 
    Press 90 10 7f
WidgetEnd 

Widget RotaryPushG32 
    Press 90 11 7f
WidgetEnd 

Widget RotaryPushG33 
    Press 90 12 7f
WidgetEnd 

Widget RotaryPushG34 
    Press 90 13 7f
WidgetEnd 

Widget RotaryPushG35 
    Press 90 14 7f
WidgetEnd 

Widget RotaryPushG36 
    Press 90 15 7f
WidgetEnd 

Widget RotaryPushG37 
    Press 90 16 7f
WidgetEnd 

Widget RotaryPushG38 
    Press 90 17 7f
WidgetEnd 

Widget RotaryPushG41 
    Press 90 18 7f
WidgetEnd 

Widget RotaryPushG42 
    Press 90 19 7f
WidgetEnd 

Widget RotaryPushG43 
    Press 90 1a 7f
WidgetEnd 

Widget RotaryPushG44 
    Press 90 1b 7f
WidgetEnd 

Widget RotaryPushG45 
    Press 90 1c 7f
WidgetEnd 

Widget RotaryPushG46 
    Press 90 1d 7f
WidgetEnd 

Widget RotaryPushG47 
    Press 90 1e 7f
WidgetEnd 

Widget RotaryPushG48 
    Press 90 1f 7f
WidgetEnd

Widget UpperButton1 
    Press 90 20 7f  
    FB_TwoState 90 20 7f  90 20 00
WidgetEnd 

Widget UpperButton2 
    Press 90 21 7f  
    FB_TwoState 90 21 7f  90 21 00
WidgetEnd 

Widget UpperButton3 
    Press 90 22 7f 
    FB_TwoState 90 22 7f  90 22 00
WidgetEnd 

Widget UpperButton4 
    Press 90 23 7f 
    FB_TwoState 90 23 7f  90 23 00
WidgetEnd 

Widget UpperButton5 
    Press 90 24 7f 
    FB_TwoState 90 24 7f  90 24 00
WidgetEnd 

Widget UpperButton6 
    Press 90 25 7f 
    FB_TwoState 90 25 7f  90 25 00
WidgetEnd 

Widget UpperButton7 
    Press 90 26 7f 
    FB_TwoState 90 26 7f  90 26 00
WidgetEnd 

Widget UpperButton8 
    Press 90 27 7f 
    FB_TwoState 90 27 7f  90 27 00
WidgetEnd 

Widget LowerButton1 
    Press 90 28 7f 
    FB_TwoState 90 28 7f  90 28 00
WidgetEnd 

Widget LowerButton2 
    Press 90 29 7f  
    FB_TwoState 90 29 7f  90 29 00
WidgetEnd 

Widget LowerButton3 
    Press 90 2a 7f 
    FB_TwoState 90 2a 7f  90 2a 00
WidgetEnd 

Widget LowerButton4 
    Press 90 2b 7f  
    FB_TwoState 90 2b 7f  90 2b 00
WidgetEnd 

Widget LowerButton5 
    Press 90 2c 7f  
    FB_TwoState 90 2c 7f  90 2c 00
WidgetEnd 

Widget LowerButton6 
    Press 90 2d 7f 
    FB_TwoState 90 2d 7f  90 2d 00
WidgetEnd 

Widget LowerButton7 
    Press 90 2e 7f  
    FB_TwoState 90 2e 7f  90 2e 00
WidgetEnd 

Widget LowerButton8 
    Press 90 2f 7f 
    FB_TwoState 90 2f 7f  90 2f 00
WidgetEnd 

Widget Fader1 
    Fader14Bit e0 7f 7f
    FB_Fader14Bit e0 7f 7f
WidgetEnd

Widget Fader2 
    Fader14Bit e1 7f 7f
    FB_Fader14Bit e1 7f 7f
WidgetEnd

Widget Fader3 
    Fader14Bit e2 7f 7f
    FB_Fader14Bit e2 7f 7f
WidgetEnd

Widget Fader4 
    Fader14Bit e3 7f 7f
    FB_Fader14Bit e3 7f 7f
WidgetEnd

Widget Fader5 
    Fader14Bit e4 7f 7f
    FB_Fader14Bit e4 7f 7f
WidgetEnd

Widget Fader6 
    Fader14Bit e5 7f 7f
    FB_Fader14Bit e5 7f 7f
WidgetEnd

Widget Fader7 
    Fader14Bit e6 7f 7f
    FB_Fader14Bit e6 7f 7f
WidgetEnd

Widget Fader8 
    Fader14Bit e7 7f 7f
    FB_Fader14Bit e7 7f 7f
WidgetEnd

Widget UserButton1 
    Press 90 30 7f 
    FB_TwoState 90 30 7f  90 30 00
WidgetEnd 

Widget UserButton2 
    Press 90 31 7f  
    FB_TwoState 90 31 7f  90 31 00
WidgetEnd 

Widget UserButton3 
    Press 90 32 7f 
    FB_TwoState 90 32 7f  90 32 00
WidgetEnd 

Widget UserButton4 
    Press 90 33 7f  
    FB_TwoState 90 33 7f  90 33 00
WidgetEnd
Old 02-08-2020, 10:27 PM   #6439
MalcolmG

OK, I went very extreme, and ripped my zon file back to this:

Code:
Zone Home
	UpperButton1 Play
ZoneEnd
That worked. So I"m guessing it's something to do with either:

- How I'm including zones, or
- How I'm defining the track iterator

Cheers
Malcolm

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalcolmG View Post
Hi guys,

I've stayed on an old version for awhile as it was mostly working and the things I wanted to push forward on were held up with pending bug fixes.

Anyway, this weekend I decided I'd better update. I backed up everything, and grabbed the new alpha package.

- at startup it grumbled about not being able to find VCRUNTIME140_1.dll so I updated my VC Runtime package and that went away.
- I updated my CSI.ini to wrap the track colours in {}
- I updated all references to zone names (except Home) to be wrapped in quotes
- Updated Press to only take one midi msg.

However I couldn't get any response from my surface. So I ripped all my surfaces out of CSI.INI except for one, and dropped it right back to a minimal zone definition (see below), but still no joy.

- I can see my widgets in the Learn window
- I can see messages for this surface in the Msg log

However, I guess I"m still missing some change that's happened in the last month or two.

Anyone see anything obvious?

Cheers
Malcolm

UPDATE: after posting this, I ripped all the definitions out of my MST except for the 8 Fader definitions. Same result.
Old 02-09-2020, 06:22 AM   #6440
MixMonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalcolmG View Post
OK, I went very extreme, and ripped my zon file back to this:

Code:
Zone Home
	UpperButton1 Play
ZoneEnd
That worked. So I"m guessing it's something to do with either:

- How I'm including zones, or
- How I'm defining the track iterator

Cheers
Malcolm
I don't think it's you chap, none of us have been able to get the latest build to work (on either platform)