Old 04-18-2020, 12:51 PM   #1
Rshwin
Human being with feelings

Default Anyone Familiar with XML

Trying to export keyboard part as XML but it is losing pitch bends when being brought into Finale V26. I had a couple of successes with a couple lines but now it isn't exporting the pitch bends with the notes.

The notes are coming through but no longer getting the bends. I wrote a keyboard part. But chose to also play to the guitar leads with the keys as well.

So it had worked a couple times but now is no longer working. I'm using a midi keyboard a Nektar Impact GX61, and Keyscape's electric piano Planet T blusey AC30 (great amp) VST, for input into a midi item. I select it for export as XML and have tried time-wise and part-wise yet now no bends are coming out in the XML. Without the bends it just will sound bad and I'll have to ditch the idea of playing the leads along with the guitars in the tune.

Anybody have any ideas about what parameters to make sure are set?

Basically I'm exporting a Midi item, just in a different format. It may be that it is in the Midi settings of the piece where the break down has occurred. Because it is into a Midi item I am recording, and instead of exporting it as a midi file I am exporting as XML.

So I am wondering where is it that the pitch bending settings are made, and how can you tell in the midi editor if they are applied to your notes. It may be that is where I need to look, don't know for sure but it is a start.

Thanks

Last edited by Rshwin; 04-18-2020 at 04:14 PM. Reason: to broaden the prospective reader base.
Rshwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2020, 09:11 AM   #2
jrk

Are you looking for (and do you see) <PitchBendChange> ?
Old 04-28-2020, 07:06 PM   #3
Rshwin

Default No where would that be located?

I didn't see anything like that, any way I gave up on XML as I've had much better success with exporting as midi, from Make Music Finale, to Reaper. I gave up on using the Rewire to play the piece out of Finale as well. Even when using Finale as the slave for tempo. It just works out so much better writing the piece in Finale, exporting as midi and playing and recording it within Reaper.

Even though Spectrasonic's Keyscape is a 44.1khz sampled vst. It has no effect on my Reaper project that is being run at 88.2Khz. So that is the way to go.As far as I'm concerned.
Rshwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 08:51 PM   #4
valy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rshwin View Post

Even though Spectrasonic's Keyscape is a 44.1khz sampled vst. It has no effect on my Reaper project that is being run at 88.2Khz. So that is the way to go.As far as I'm concerned.
Reaper will do real-time sample conversion on anything that isn't at your project sample rate, so that won't be a problem for you.
valy is offline   Reply With Quote