Old 11-07-2019, 10:22 AM   #1
Larry Kriz
Human being with feelings

Default Items Offline

I've been wondering this since I got Reaper

When I switch window panes I notice all the media items lose their waveforms and are replaced with the word OFFLINE

Is this supposed to mean something to me? Can it be disabled so it's always just the waveforms no matter what my focus is? I suppose Reaper wants to refresh the graphics just in case you changed something about the WAV files outside Reaper? Maybe a 3rd party editor?
Old 11-07-2019, 11:15 AM   #2
Edgemeal

Open Preferences, in bottom-left textbox type the word, offline, click the Find button,.. there is an option to set media offline when app is not active, disable that if you wish.
Edgemeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 11:26 AM   #3
nait

I'd imagine it unloads the wav from memory, so it gives you some memory back to whatever you're tabbed to. Just a guess. If it takes a bunch of time for things to come back to life when you tab back, I'd maybe worry about it. If it has no ill effects that you're aware of, I'd worry about it as much as I worry whether or not my fridge light is turning off when I close the door.
My Rig (also serves as my gaming PC): MSI Mag X570 Tomahawk Mobo, Ryzen R9 3900X, 32GB RAM, Samsung 960 Evo 500gb NVMe, Crucial 1TB NVMe, NVidia RTX 2080 Super, Arturia Minifuse 2, Nektar Impact LX25+ MIDI Controller Keyboard.
nait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 05:25 PM   #4
Larry Kriz

Quote:
Originally Posted by nait View Post
If it has no ill effects that you're aware of, I'd worry about it as much as I worry whether or not my fridge light is turning off when I close the door.
LOLOL I knew someone would say some thing like that. Yeah I mean it's not anything that bothers me I was just curious. But knowing I can disable that now I can sleep better at night LOLOL

Thanks Edgemeal!

Last edited by Larry Kriz; 11-09-2019 at 01:41 PM.
Larry Kriz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 10:49 PM   #5
nait

haha, I debated posting it because I didn't want it to come off as rude... but I did find it a bit of funny thing to worry about Glad you got some peace of mind now though!
My Rig (also serves as my gaming PC): MSI Mag X570 Tomahawk Mobo, Ryzen R9 3900X, 32GB RAM, Samsung 960 Evo 500gb NVMe, Crucial 1TB NVMe, NVidia RTX 2080 Super, Arturia Minifuse 2, Nektar Impact LX25+ MIDI Controller Keyboard.
nait is offline   Reply With Quote