Old 11-03-2019, 01:45 AM   #1
Stirner
Human being with feelings

Default FX chains

Is it possible to set a shortcut for "FX chains"->"Save all FX as chain"? I can't find it in the action list. I would like to manage my presets in the Reaper FX explorer and that's why I use this function a lot. For each preset I save I have to move/click the mouse too much (right click -> scroll -> scroll -> click). Better would be an assigned shortcut or a button on my MIDI controller (single click).

[I don't think it's possible in Reaper] Is it possible to play the FX chains in the media explorer? In Cubase you can go through your presets and they are armed to play, so you can prehear how a preset sounds.
Another option would be to select a MIDI item in the main window and play it directly in the media explorer - there is a play button in the media explorer, but it works with samples only, not with FX chains.
(What works - and this is not possible in Cubase - you can prehear MIDI items through your active track. This is great. But I don't work with saved MIDI's much and it has nothing to do with FX chains.)

So what is the easiest way to browse through a preset/FX chain collection and prehear how it sounds? What I do is - configure a track, record MIDI and than go through the FX chains in the media explorer, alt-click on the FX icon in the TCP (remove existing FX chain), drag FX chain from the explorer to TCP -> prehear.
Can it be done in a simpler way?
I tried to find a mouse identifier - holding ALT while dragging an fx chain to the TCP should remove the existing FX chain, but it's not possible I think.
Stirner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2019, 08:02 AM   #2
foxAsteria

I guess the easiest way would be to use LBX Smart Knobs, which can save snapshots of your fx chain, but it's got a bit of a learning curve. There's no way to "prehear" a chain without loading it first.

Fx chain shortcuts can't be changed, unfortunately.
Old 11-07-2019, 04:27 PM   #3
iFFO

Default Groups/SafeLine/Copy/Paste presets in FX chain window

Hello friends,
I am new here and hope to be in the right place if there is a better one to tell me where to post these ideas

There may be similar ideas in the forum I have not reviewed it all for which I will ask you to excuse me in advance. I tried to visualize what I want to implement in Reaper and if there is interest I can go into more detail with the explanations.

Cheers

http://iffotogo.my.contact.bg/img/iFX01_animation.gif
http://iffotogo.my.contact.bg/img/iFX02_animation.gif
Attached Images
File Type: gif iFX01_animation.gif (58.3 KB, 125 views)

Last edited by iFFO; 11-07-2019 at 04:41 PM.
iFFO is offline   Reply With Quote