Old 08-12-2019, 06:51 PM   #41
serr
Human being with feelings

Little Snitch doesn't let anything access a connected network without permission. It has not been compromised. Both honest and dishonest people agree if you know what I mean (look up it's origins - it snitches on anything trying to call home). It's not a virus scanner BTW, it's a network monitor. I'm more of a "lock your door" kind of person than a "just leave it unlocked and then waste CPU to check for shit all the time" kind of person with security. I've never been compromised. I'm not afraid of any website or download.

FYI, plugins are installed as a resource to your OS. They are not "installed to" a particular DAW app you have installed. Any DAW app can use the OS resources. That's how the system was intended and that's why the installs default to where they do. You CAN choose to do everything differently if you wish of course. Pick your battles as they say.

Waves certainly does get pretty special if any little thing is out of place and surprises it. That part is a real piece of work for sure! But then if you follow the instructions it just works. It is what it is. I've seen sillier software issues too. Windows OS comes to mind.
serr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 05:10 AM   #42
cutnpaste
Banned

Going to the second page of the forum is something I never do.
Have a good day.
cutnpaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 04:45 PM   #43
Gerry P

Just thought I would add to this Waves thread.

I have a few older Waves plugins that I have never updated and last week I purchased one. The install and scan went fine.

Today I tried a demo of another Waves plugin.

After scanning, clear cache.rescan and a reboot of my machine, Reaper would not see the demo plugin.

I did not uninstall anything but did retry the Waves Central app and received a message that the new demo plugin was already installed and registered in my account and would not allow any further attempts.

I closed all open apps and made another attempt at Waves Central.

This time it did a allow another install and activate and when I opened Reaper, it did the scan vsts on opening, and there was the new Waves Demo plugin. The rebooting my PC and the clear cache/re-scan wasn't necessary.

So before you start to delete any Waves related files, you may want to give Waves Central a few attempts first.
Old 11-12-2019, 03:56 PM   #44
Larry Kriz

I came across this thread as I was trying to update Waves Central from V10 to V11 this morning. I anticipated problems because I'm still on Windows 7 (64) and sure enough... there were problems.

At the heart of it... I couldn't get V11 to install at all. There was no going forward or backward because even if I reinstalled V10, it wanted to auto-update, only to end up crashing. I tried (on my own) various options that were suggested in their tech support sections, but nothing was working. Eventually, I just went straight to their phone support. That ended up with me granting them access to my PC through their remote troubleshooting utility. They had it sorted out fairly quickly but it involved a work-around that I can't even hardly explain. Something was added to my desktop that seems to allow WC V10 to be installed and operate without the auto-update feature enabled.

Some of my Waves plugins had fallen off the support/update bandwagon, but the rest were updated to V11 and seem to be functioning fine on Win 7, with this kludged version of Waves Central 10. Reaper scanned through them all they are all working fine (so far as I can tell lol)

All of this stems from my resolve to keep Win 7 on my DAW workstation for as long as possible. I had problems with some older legacy software drivers in Windows 10, which is why I reverted back to Win 7. I know at some point I'll be forced to deal with that transition but for now, everything is working as expected.

So... anyway.... calling Waves was not painful and it got me where I needed to be. I salute their staff. I suggest anyone having problems just bite the bullet and call them. Good luck!