Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > newbieland

Old 02-17-2020, 05:23 AM   #1
CEART
Human being with feelings

Default Reaper "Panic button" (F3) issues with some plugins.

Hi

Is there some action / button that allows me to generate a CC64 on / off sustain pedal MIDI msg in a Fx / VSTi track (or even to external MIDI devices)?

Here why I am looking for it:

As sort of "Panic Button" Reaper feature the action 'Send all notes off to all MIDI outputs / plug-ins' by default (hotkey F3) in order to fix stuck MIDI note data, unfortunately some VSTi plugins don't respond to that command and held stucked.

However I found a workaround, by send a CC 64 on / off (sustain pedal) MIDI message from an external MIDI controller, those rebel plugins respond fine and MIDI stuck get over. But having to use my MIDI controller just for send sustain pedal data is not a friendly option

Some VSTi not responding to Reaper CC 123 note off, but does to CC64: Korg M1, K.Triton, Zebra 2, Blue 2, some Arturia synths, as some friends report there are many more.

A possible fix would be to create a custom action and respective hotkey (F3 itself) by adding a MIDI CC 64 (sustain pedal) message to the current 'Send all notes off to all MIDI outputs / plug-ins' as a combined action for unstuck the unresponsive plugins, but I can't find a script that allows me to create an action for send specific CC data, in this case for sustain CC64 on / off.

Some idea on this? thanks.

Last edited by CEART; 02-19-2020 at 01:17 AM.
CEART is offline   Reply With Quote