Old 12-28-2006, 06:04 PM   #1
yep
Human being with feelings

Default dammit, couldn't find meter map

what does this error message mean? it seems to be related to a malfunction with jamstix that only occurs one one computer, only in reaper (no problem in sonar or on my laptop). it's like this- when i open a project with jamstix i get this message: "arse! could'nt find meter map !" then jamstix goes psycho for like half a measure and then won't play anthing.

any ideas would makes me happy.

cheers.
yep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 06:13 PM   #2
Justin
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by yep View Post
what does this error message mean? it seems to be related to a malfunction with jamstix that only occurs one one computer, only in reaper (no problem in sonar or on my laptop). it's like this- when i open a project with jamstix i get this message: "arse! could'nt find meter map !" then jamstix goes psycho for like half a measure and then won't play anthing.

any ideas would makes me happy.

cheers.

hmm that usually I see with the DX version of BFD...
Justin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 06:54 PM   #3
yep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin View Post
hmm that usually I see with the DX version of BFD...
jamstix=vst, but i'll try BFD and report back.

one thing i notice is that the jamstix ui reprorts insanely accelerated time--like, it shows that it's on measure 547 or whatever after just a few seconds. seems almost like reaper is sending hyped tempo and the little drummer that lives in jamlab tries for a few seconds then quits...
Old 12-28-2006, 07:45 PM   #4
yep

BFD also seems problematic and gets the same message in DX mode, though i ain't hardly used her (never in that autoplaying "groove" mode), so i can't swear there isn't some kind of user error. she just doesn't seem to make any sound or movement, kinda like my ex-girlfriend.

truth be told, i'm not really much into sampled drums, but this jamstix thing intrigued me and they got this special on until monday and i was kinda hoping to demo it before then. so if anybody's got any suggestions i'd be much in your debt.

cheers.
Old 01-08-2007, 10:29 AM   #5
yep

Update:

reformatted system disk and re-installed windows (had to happen anyway) and the problem with Jamstix cleared up, still happens with BFD Dxi however.

FWIW.

Cheers.