Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Q&A, Tips, Tricks and Howto

Old 09-18-2017, 03:01 PM   #1
vectorwarrior
Human being with feelings

Default ReaSamplOmatic... possible to not restart playback position each trigger?

I have a constant loop in ReaSamplOmatic and I do NOT want playback to jump to the start each time it triggers. Instead I want the playback position to just continue on indefinitely via the looping... but I can't figure out how to do that, any ideas?

It's for a looping sound effect and I essentially want varied/randomised start positions rather than it always being the same.

Thanks!
vectorwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 03:15 PM   #2
foxAsteria

You could use Parameter Modulation on the start offset. Move the knob and then click the top Param button and go to param mod/midi link. Use an LFO or even the input volume to modulate the start time somewhat randomly.

Or maybe try a different sampler. I think Ribs can do that.
Old 09-18-2017, 03:41 PM   #3
vectorwarrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxAsteria View Post
You could use Parameter Modulation on the start offset. Move the knob and then click the top Param button and go to param mod/midi link. Use an LFO or even the input volume to modulate the start time somewhat randomly.
By start offset I presume you mean 'Loop start offset'... unfortunately that doesn't work. Each time I press start (and also render) it is still playing from the start of the file. When it actually loops it'll go to a different start position, but from triggering it'll always play from the start... which is exactly what i need.
vectorwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 04:20 PM   #4
foxAsteria

Ah ok, well it seems you've encountered a limitation in the sampler. I guess you will need to search for a more robust plugin.