Old 12-28-2013, 02:19 AM   #1
Yendor
Human being with feelings

Default Yamaha AW4416 and OSC

I have been trying with little or moderate success to use the AW4416 as a control surface for Reaper.
I have had success making a Generic OSC controller on Reaper and I have used the learn function to install controller notes for Fader, Mute and Pan and I placed Reaper Midi onto each track.
The problem is that when it works it is intermittent.
After thinking it didnt work at all, it launches into action when I move the fader either to the extreme bottom, or to the extreme top. This happened in both Latch and Write modes.

I love Reaper but yesterday in desperation I hooked the AW44 up to Cubase 5, and set up the contollers as a Generic Device and immediately all functions worked perfectly. They never once lost contact with Cubase which was both a relief and depressing as I want it to work that way in Reaper.

I am no Genius, and i am more than prepared to to face the fact that I have done something wrong, in fact I hope I have done something wrong.
If anyone has had similar problems with an AW4416 and Reaper and found a way to solve them I would be forever grateful.
YENDOR
Yendor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 04:58 AM   #2
Matths

How did you set up AW4416 to control Cubase 5?
Matths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 09:32 AM   #3
Banned

Hi Yendor, welcome on this forum.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yendor View Post
I have had success making a Generic OSC controller on Reaper and I have used the learn function to install controller notes for Fader, Mute and Pan and I placed Reaper Midi onto each track.
I'm not familiar with that device, but: if you intend to create an OSC Control Surface, you probably should *not* be using the 'learn' function, as such bindings do not generate feedback to the device.

Also, I don't see how you would *notes* to control faders? Of course, MIDI notes are *not* OSC, but MIDI. If you're using MIDI, you should probably use CC# messages (preferably in 14-bit for high resolution).

Please tell us more about what exactly you tried to do there, and hopefully we'll be able to help you sort it out.