Old 04-17-2019, 08:44 AM   #201
hangnef
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by sai'ke View Post
Hmmm, I might be able to make this an option, I'd have to check how much I would have to mess around in the code to implement this. Another tricky thing is though, that in the case of the channel headers, they usually span multiple columns. Which color would then make most sense to use?
That's a good question. They are still on the same track (if I understand how it works) so maybe just having the same color across all the headers, or as one thing under the headers (sorta how Renoise colors individual tracks). I'm not sure how I would distinguish between the channels, and if so what it would even signify.

I use the next/prev track shortcuts and having the color there could help to remind me what track is what.
hangnef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 08:46 AM   #202
sai'ke

Quote:
Originally Posted by hangnef View Post
That's a good question. They are still on the same track (if I understand how it works) so maybe just having the same color across all the headers, or as one thing under the headers (sorta how Renoise colors individual tracks). I'm not sure how I would distinguish between the channels, and if so what it would even signify.

I use the next/prev track shortcuts and having the color there could help to remind me what track is what.
Oh sorry, now I understand what you mean... using the arrange view track colors. I got confused and thought you meant like green for FX because the column entries are green. Anyways, good idea. Will implement when I have some time.
Old 04-18-2019, 03:59 PM   #203
hangnef

Quote:
Oh sorry, now I understand what you mean... using the arrange view track colors. I got confused and thought you meant like green for FX because the column entries are green. Anyways, good idea. Will implement when I have some time.
Yup, that's it and thank you.

I do have a question about looping, is there a way to toggle 'Repeat' from within Hackey Trackey? It seems when it has focus, keystrokes do not go to Reaper itself. I unmapped anything relating to the R key, and it seems it won't toggle repeat.
Old 04-20-2019, 06:24 AM   #204
todd_r

Hi, is there a way to update the FX columns after a new automation lane was added or do you have to close and re-open?

Also is there any way you could rename the FX tracks, either getting the name directly from the automation track or manually entering it. I know there's not much room on the two character column, maybe as a hover over tooltip?
todd_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 10:31 AM   #205
hangnef

Using this a lot of the past few days and having a lot of fun with it. One thing I noticed is that the Record state doesn't sync up with the Record enable outside of Reaper. If I have it enabled and then launch HT, it isn't enabled.

However, toggling it within HT is reflected on my track in Reaper as well.

Last edited by hangnef; 04-20-2019 at 12:29 PM.
Old 04-20-2019, 01:05 PM   #206
hangnef

I'm hitting an issue w/ re-sizing my pattern. After doing it the script exits... with some debugging prints I've narrowed it down to this block of code:

function tracker:tryPreviousItem()
if ( self.lastItem and #self.lastItem > 0 ) then
local tryItem = self.lastItem[#self.lastItem]
self.lastItem[#self.lastItem] = nil
if ( reaper.ValidatePtr2(0, tryItem, "MediaItem*") ) then
self:useItem(tryItem)
else
self:tryPreviousItem()
end
else
print ('tryPreviousItem')
self:terminate() <--------- exits here, seems to get hit 4 times
end
end
Old 04-23-2019, 02:41 PM   #207
sai'ke

Quote:
Originally Posted by todd_r View Post
Hi, is there a way to update the FX columns after a new automation lane was added or do you have to close and re-open?
Added an auto-refresh when an FX track is added. Should now be immediate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by todd_r View Post
Also is there any way you could rename the FX tracks, either getting the name directly from the automation track or manually entering it. I know there's not much room on the two character column, maybe as a hover over tooltip?
The name is in the lower left corner when your entry cursor is over it.

Quote:
Using this a lot of the past few days and having a lot of fun with it. One thing I noticed is that the Record state doesn't sync up with the Record enable outside of Reaper. If I have it enabled and then launch HT, it isn't enabled.
However, toggling it within HT is reflected on my track in Reaper as well.
Hmmm. I had to give it some thought (been a while since I wrote that part), but yeah, there is a reason for this. Arming in the track is not the same as arming in HT (even though arming in HT will lead to arming the track). Arming in HT also sets some other properties that allow MIDI messages being sent. Because this is a thing that changes the project in some way, I wanted to make the arming explicit rather than silently convert a track arm to a monitoring/ready to receive MIDI input arm. I do admit that this can be a bit confusing.

Quote:
I'm hitting an issue w/ re-sizing my pattern. After doing it the script exits... with some debugging prints I've narrowed it down to this block of code:

function tracker:tryPreviousItem()
if ( self.lastItem and #self.lastItem > 0 ) then
local tryItem = self.lastItem[#self.lastItem]
self.lastItem[#self.lastItem] = nil
if ( reaper.ValidatePtr2(0, tryItem, "MediaItem*") ) then
self:useItem(tryItem)
else
self:tryPreviousItem()
end
else
print ('tryPreviousItem')
self:terminate() <--------- exits here, seems to get hit 4 times
end
end
Resizing it from where? If you resize and glue from the arrange view, then that (at least used to be) "normal" behavior. The take handle temporarily disappears, so the tracker loses which one you're working on and closes. If you resize from HT and that happens, then that's weird. I've just tried here locally and here it doesn't seem to happen. Is it possible that there is anything special about this take that you're looking at in HT? Do you maybe have a small REAPER file with which to reproduce it?

I've also added some stuff to try and handle gluing from arrange just now.

I've added a short delay in which new attempts are made (for lack of a better way of detecting whether a glue is "done").

Between these attempts, the script defers back to REAPER while this is happening.

If you know of a better way to detect when a glued object is back or how to force reaper to update this stuff before returning control to the script, I'm all ears.

I've also added a fallback that if a pattern goes missing, it will try to find a nearby pattern to focus on. Note that this can happen if a glue takes particularly long. Again, I don't really see a better solution to this at the moment.

Also, I added the colors (tis a config toggle)
Old 04-23-2019, 03:04 PM   #208
hangnef

Quote:

Hmmm. I had to give it some thought (been a while since I wrote that part), but yeah, there is a reason for this. Arming in the track is not the same as arming in HT (even though arming in HT will lead to arming the track). Arming in HT also sets some other properties that allow MIDI messages being sent. Because this is a thing that changes the project in some way, I wanted to make the arming explicit rather than silently convert a track arm to a monitoring/ready to receive MIDI input arm. I do admit that this can be a bit confusing.

Resizing it from where? If you resize and glue from the arrange view, then that (at least used to be) "normal" behavior. The take handle temporarily disappears, so the tracker loses which one you're working on and closes. If you resize from HT and that happens, then that's weird. I've just tried here locally and here it doesn't seem to happen. Is it possible that there is anything special about this take that you're looking at in HT? Do you maybe have a small REAPER file with which to reproduce it?

I've also added some stuff to try and handle gluing from arrange just now.

I've added a short delay in which new attempts are made (for lack of a better way of detecting whether a glue is "done").

Between these attempts, the script defers back to REAPER while this is happening.

If you know of a better way to detect when a glued object is back or how to force reaper to update this stuff before returning control to the script, I'm all ears.

I've also added a fallback that if a pattern goes missing, it will try to find a nearby pattern to focus on. Note that this can happen if a glue takes particularly long. Again, I don't really see a better solution to this at the moment.

Also, I added the colors (tis a config toggle)
Awesome stuff, thank you!

I totally understand about the record enable, now that I know the behavior I can just always do it within HT. I was just confused with them not always being in sync.

The resizing happened when I was in Hackey Trackey (doing it via the number in the lower left). Nothing special, just literally added a new item, and tried to increase it from 32 to 64. (Just tried to repro and now can't). I'll post a project once I can make it happen.

I forgot to mention also, that after resizing, HT seems to lose focus.

I have no idea how to handle the glue'ing correctly, sounds like it is done asynchronously somewhat to the re-entry into the script. I guess I'm surprised glue'ing has to happen at all, can't the midi item just be extended/shortened (i.e. like dragging in arrange view)?

Last edited by hangnef; 04-23-2019 at 03:15 PM.
Old 04-23-2019, 03:27 PM   #209
todd_r

Quote:

Amazing thanks
todd_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 11:32 AM   #210
dusanmsk

Default Love

Fuuuuuck I love this !!!! I started to develop my own tracker interface some time ago but will stop until now, because your plugin seems to be perfect! Thank you, will test and use it for sure !
dusanmsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 06:35 PM   #211
sai'ke

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusanmsk View Post
Fuuuuuck I love this !!!! I started to develop my own tracker interface some time ago but will stop until now, because your plugin seems to be perfect! Thank you, will test and use it for sure !
Hahaha, cool! Hope it's useful!
Old 05-12-2019, 04:36 AM   #212
TonE

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusanmsk View Post
You could instead also share what you created in the past here, no matter how good or bad? How and where were you saving your data, for example? Imo, best option would be saving them externally as .mid files, if possible, at least the notes and cc events, anything what .mid files can contain, rest could be still on arrange. Another idea could be saving it in a second external project, project-patterns.rpp. Hackey trackey is saving the items on arrange somewhere.
TonE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 07:32 AM   #213
hangnef

Using and enjoying HT still and have some ideas if I could.

I currently start HT and then dock it, but I have to do this every time I start it, it would be great if it could "remember" that in its config, I posted about this recently and it seems it can be done:

https://forum.cockos.com/showpost.ph...50&postcount=9

Additionally, I was thinking of having this autostart when I launch Reaper, but there is a requirement that there is MIDI item selected. Could HT just have an empty screen that just says "No MIDI item selected" and allow it to run?

It would also be cool if HT could update the current MIDI item when selecting it in the arrange view. I did some poking around and it seems that scripts cannot receive events on Reaper actions, but polling is an option (top of loop see if the current MIDI item has changed). I usually stay within HT, but sometimes have to go to arrange to do one thing or another. This would allow the above request to work as well if HT responded to the status of the arrange view if used (i.e. clips selected, de-selected, deleted, etc).
Old 07-24-2019, 06:40 PM   #214
_TIP_

Quote:
I currently start HT and then dock it, but I have to do this every time I start it, it would be great if it could "remember" that in its config, I posted about this recently and it seems it can be done:
https://forum.cockos.com/showpost.ph...50&postcount=9
+1 for that, it's a must have for faster and more comfortable workflow!!!
Also, it would be great if the default position of the bar is on the first block of channel one instead of the CC type lane, every time you run the script.
_TIP_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 05:18 PM   #215
sai'ke

Quote:
Using and enjoying HT still and have some ideas if I could.

I currently start HT and then dock it, but I have to do this every time I start it, it would be great if it could "remember" that in its config
It saves dock status now. Note that for this to be saved properly, you should close it once while docked (kind of counter-intuitive I know). In the default key layout that's CTRL + F12.

Quote:
Additionally, I was thinking of having this autostart when I launch Reaper, but there is a requirement that there is MIDI item selected. Could HT just have an empty screen that just says "No MIDI item selected" and allow it to run?
This actually required some extensive changes, but I have done this now. Hopefully I didn't break anything else implementing this.

Quote:
It would also be cool if HT could update the current MIDI item when selecting it in the arrange view. I did some poking around and it seems that scripts cannot receive events on Reaper actions, but polling is an option (top of loop see if the current MIDI item has changed). I usually stay within HT, but sometimes have to go to arrange to do one thing or another. This would allow the above request to work as well if HT responded to the status of the arrange view if used (i.e. clips selected, de-selected, deleted, etc).
This was already an option, just not the default. In the options panel turn on "Follow Selection".

Quote:
Originally Posted by _TIP_
Also, it would be great if the default position of the bar is on the first block of channel one instead of the CC type lane, every time you run the script.
Done.

The FRs required some fairly extensive changes, so there may be some new issues lurking still.
Old 07-26-2019, 08:34 PM   #216
hangnef

Quote:
It saves dock status now. Note that for this to be saved properly, you should close it once while docked (kind of counter-intuitive I know). In the default key layout that's CTRL + F12.

This actually required some extensive changes, but I have done this now. Hopefully I didn't break anything else implementing this.

This was already an option, just not the default. In the options panel turn on "Follow Selection".

Done.

The FRs required some fairly extensive changes, so there may be some new issues lurking still.
Awesome, thank you! Been testing it out tonight.

Auto dock after doing it once and then quitting is working. The "no midi item yet" seems to be working well too.

However, I did set followSelection=1 and am not seeing the item change in HT for some reason.

I was bored tonight so implemented a few small things, don't feel you have to incorporate them.

- use the item color rather than the track, didn't realize when I asked for the feature that the color of individual items could be changed
- center the header text a little better on the column, could be done more exact based on column extents
- header text bg rect in the event the take color is too close to the font color, could be an themeable color, I just made it black

diff attached to post (edit:just noticed the first couple of diffs were left over from debugging, they can be ignored)
Attached Files
File Type: txt diff.txt (2.4 KB, 149 views)

Last edited by hangnef; 07-26-2019 at 09:42 PM.
Old 07-27-2019, 07:12 AM   #217
sai'ke

Hey, thanks man.

I merged the item color code from your diff.

I decided to deal with the alignment of the headers a bit differently.

Also, with the header colors, it inverts the font color if the luminances are too close.

Maybe I was misinterpreting the post. Is the following GIF what you wanted?

In the default keymapping you can open options with F11. Select follow selection there. What's possible is that you edited it in the textfile (setting it to one) then closed Hackey Trackey (which then stored whatever it had active at the time, probably 0) and overwrote your choice again. I would recommend changing options only with the options window.
Old 07-27-2019, 08:05 AM   #218
hangnef

Quote:
Hey, thanks man.

I merged the item color code from your diff.

I decided to deal with the alignment of the headers a bit differently.

Also, with the header colors, it inverts the font color if the luminances are too close.

Maybe I was misinterpreting the post. Is the following GIF what you wanted?
<snip>

In the default keymapping you can open options with F11. Select follow selection there. What's possible is that you edited it in the textfile (setting it to one) then closed Hackey Trackey (which then stored whatever it had active at the time, probably 0) and overwrote your choice again. I would recommend changing options only with the options window.
Cool, I had done the header color black since I had some colors randomly assigned to tracks where I couldn't see the text. I had like a salmon color track and off-white font. But yeah, the black is a bit overkill.
Is the code that divides the r,g,b by 255 doing that?

And, yup that's exactly what I was looking for. With all the editing of the tracker script I was doing, I did exactly as you mentioned - changed it and then closed the tracker. It's working just fine now, thanks!
Old 07-27-2019, 08:10 AM   #219
hangnef

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonE View Post
Yes, they are all amazing, if we only had matilde tracker as vst, it's source is known: https://sourceforge.net/projects/matilde-tracker/

There is already a vst variant, unfortunately not published only for private use, by its developer, see buzz forum.

Btw. saike, for sample start automation, we can just use Reasamplomatic5000, Kontakt is not needed just for getting this feature, mentioning it here as you gave Kontakt example on hackey trackey github page but no Reasamplomatic5000 example.
I was checking this out (used Buzz a long time ago, but had never seen this). How does Matilde compare to the functionality in Renoise, shortcircuit, etc? I need a project and this could be fun as I'm learning JUCE.

What would be the best way to integrate this, or have it interoperate well with HT? It would be cool if we could do the tracker style automation rather than CCs, etc but that would limit the use of the VST to just HT.

Last edited by hangnef; 07-27-2019 at 08:17 AM.
Old 07-27-2019, 03:48 PM   #220
sai'ke

I would like to have an actual tracker VST, but writing one is a pretty big undertaking. Especially if you want decent resampling, a nice way to load samples etc. For me, the main tracker effects I'd use a lot are portamento, offset, vibrato and tremolo, but there are many more.

But eh, it's not something I personally have time to develop, but I would use it if it existed. HT and such a thing could communicate via CCs. I'm sure there'd be ways to make a specialized column that hides these implementational details and have it feel like a normal tracker

Or even make a special version of HT that is meant to integrate with it.
Old 07-27-2019, 06:04 PM   #221
ReaMike

Hi saike.

Thanks for the continued work on this and the rest of your great plugins.

I just noticed that if the option "Info Sticks to Bottom" is set to 1 and the tracker is docked, info will not be visible.

Cheers

EDIT: Version 2 fixes it. Sorry, forgot to check for updates.

Last edited by ReaMike; 07-27-2019 at 07:07 PM.
ReaMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2019, 07:37 AM   #222
hangnef

Quote:
I would like to have an actual tracker VST, but writing one is a pretty big undertaking. Especially if you want decent resampling, a nice way to load samples etc. For me, the main tracker effects I'd use a lot are portamento, offset, vibrato and tremolo, but there are many more.

But eh, it's not something I personally have time to develop, but I would use it if it existed. HT and such a thing could communicate via CCs. I'm sure there'd be ways to make a specialized column that hides these implementational details and have it feel like a normal tracker

Or even make a special version of HT that is meant to integrate with it.
Thanks for your ideas/thoughts... I will have a look into this.
Old 07-28-2019, 07:38 AM   #223
hangnef

Quote:
Cool, I had done the header color black since I had some colors randomly assigned to tracks where I couldn't see the text. I had like a salmon color track and off-white font. But yeah, the black is a bit overkill.
Is the code that divides the r,g,b by 255 doing that?

<snip>
@saike any comment on the above about colors?
Old 07-28-2019, 08:00 AM   #224
sai'ke

Ah, sorry. Nah, the rgb/255 normalizes the color components to be between 0 and 1. The inversion is the 1 - rgb stuff which is done when the luminances are similar.

When useItemColors is active and a color was available I calculate the luminance of the itemcolor and headertext color. If the distance between the luminance is bigger than .25 everything is ok. If it is smaller, the text color is inverted.
Old 08-03-2019, 05:28 AM   #225
dusanmsk

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonE View Post
You could instead also share what you created in the past here, no matter how good or bad?
Yop, it's here: https://github.com/dusanmsk/reaper/b...ternEditor.lua

If it helps somebody somehow will be happy. Talking about pattern data, I saved that inside midi clip as normal midi notes (see saveMidiClip()). I also saved some metadata (such as grid size or swing amount) as sysex inside midi clip also. But my work is only prototype and couldn't be compared to hackey at all.
dusanmsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 10:33 PM   #226
Kolorgaard

Hi all,

Love this, have been playing around with Renoise and would love to bring that workflow into Reaper. Having issues on OSX Mojave/MBP 2014 though. CTRL wont respond to input to control HT, shift and alt work fine. But CTRL is completley unresponsive. I thought this might be something to do with global shortcuts, but I have all assigned to CTRL. Also Shift and + will transpose a note up, but Shift + - is unresponsive. I'm wondering if it might be a keyboard language thing? Any ideas greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Kolorgaard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2019, 05:10 AM   #227
sai'ke

Hey,

I don't really know whether I can resolve the CTRL issue, but the minus thing might be keyboard layout related, yes. It is possible that the CTRL issue is similar, but I'm not 100% sure.

You can rebind the keys and make a mapping for your layout. There should be a file in %APPDATA%\reaper\scripts\Tracker tools\Tracker named userkeys. In this file you can set custom key bindings.

If you don't know the keycodes, you can change the line
Code:
tracker.printKeys = 0
in the tracker to
Code:
tracker.printKeys = 1
This will show you the keycodes for whatever key you're pressing in the console.

I hope this helps.
Old 09-22-2019, 04:58 AM   #228
TonE

How to dock any lua window, including hackey trackey, in ubuntu, in wine, in reaper 32 bit? I had seen some MPL lua scripts had this feature, or was it another script, but having a general method working with any lua window could be useful, I saw there is a such named action, however it is not working in my configuration above. There has to be something better. Thanks for reading, and hello back after some time. After updating wine to 4.0.2 reapack is working again, have to check what saike did in those last weeks/months.

Being able to dock all great saike tools, mainly hackey trackey and patterns would be a great start, if possible.
Old 09-22-2019, 05:01 AM   #229
TonE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolorgaard View Post
CTRL wont respond to input to control HT, shift and alt work fine. But CTRL is completley unresponsive. I thought this might be something to do with global shortcuts, but I have all assigned to CTRL. Also Shift and + will transpose a note up, but Shift + - is unresponsive. I'm wondering if it might be a keyboard language thing? Any ideas greatly appreciated.
Maybe your system is taking over those key combination for some other global stuff there? You could check there first, or changing the values in saike's scripts.
Old 09-22-2019, 10:45 PM   #230
TonE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolorgaard View Post
Also Shift and + will transpose a note up, but Shift + - is unresponsive. I'm wondering if it might be a keyboard language thing? Any ideas greatly appreciated.
Some + - are only for the numpad.
Old 09-29-2019, 07:37 PM   #231
hangnef

Not sure how repeatable this is. I have a project with some MIDI tracks w/ items and tried to record some audio. So the MIDI tracks were not selected nor their items, and not armed for record. I should note however, that I have the checkbox for "auto arm" when selected enabled, so those MIDI items have a 'A' on their record icon to the left (using the default theme). If I were to select them, they would be armed for recording.

The second I hit the Reaper Record button, I get this error:

...cations\Reaper\Scripts\Tracker tools\Tracker\tracker.lua:7226: bad argument
#1 to 'GetMediaItemInfo_Value' (MediaItem expected)

I will try and narrow this down with a smaller project if that will help.
Old 11-27-2019, 11:47 AM   #232
dri_ft

Better to post bug reports here or on Github? I'm finding some of the keys controls don't seem to work as described.

I'm running on linux, so at first I thought it was just a linux problem, but I briefly tried it on Windows with the same version of Reaper, and most of them seemed the same, so I guess it's not actually caused by linux.

I'm running Reaper 5.987.

I'm just having a look at the source to see if I can work out what's up and/or fix it up myself, but I'll try to post what I find as I go. I'm just running and testing on Linux at the moment, but let me know if it would be useful to test anything on my windows machine and I'll do that, too.
dri_ft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 11:55 AM   #233
dri_ft

Pressing shift to advance to the next column after a note doesn't seem to work. That seems to be to do with the condition introduced in 5d3d8ada, string.match(lastChar,"[^%w]") == nil. I see that this is to prevent shift from modifying pitch keys that aren't letters, but I'm not sure exactly what it's looking for or what it expects lastChar to be there. string.match(lastChar,"[^%w]") seems to return "." for me. It looks like lastChar is a numeric value here and that line is doing string matching on a number, which... does not seem right?
Old 11-27-2019, 12:05 PM   #234
dri_ft

Oh, I get it. lastChar is (for some reason) passed as a float with a decimal point (even though it's really just an integer). (Is this a recent change in Reaper? Or just my system? I don't know.) So the decimal point character in the float matches "[^%w]", so it returns a match.

Changing the pattern to "[^%w.]" seems to make shift work to advance to next column as expected, but I'm not sure whether it breaks whatever that test was there for in the first place.

Last edited by dri_ft; 11-27-2019 at 12:10 PM.
Old 11-27-2019, 12:16 PM   #235
dri_ft

Pressing return seems to close the hackey trackey window. Is that intentional? It's very easy to do by accident. I can't quite work out what's making it happen in the code.

edit: seems to be because it's hitting the script-calling branch at the end of the great big input-checking if/else block, which contains a call to tracker:terminate(). Not quite sure what that's intended to do so I don't know what the fix would be, but it does seem like it shouldn't be happening on return.

In any case, turning off 'Allow commands to close HT' fixes it.

Last edited by dri_ft; 11-27-2019 at 12:44 PM.
Old 11-27-2019, 12:47 PM   #236
dri_ft

Will keep looking and post about any more unexpected behaviour I can pin down.

In spite of all the seeming negativity in the above posts... thankyou! This could potentially be a huge help to my workflow in reaper.
Old 11-28-2019, 03:47 AM   #237
dri_ft

Quote:
Originally Posted by dri_ft View Post
Oh, I get it. lastChar is (for some reason) passed as a float with a decimal point (even though it's really just an integer). (Is this a recent change in Reaper? Or just my system? I don't know.) So the decimal point character in the float matches "[^%w]", so it returns a match.
By the way, I just tested this on Windows and lastChar also has a decimal point there.
Old 11-28-2019, 01:35 PM   #238
sai'ke

Thanks a lot dri_ft. You already found and did most of the work for me re the . bug. I've cast lastChar to a char just to be sure that the . is not an issue.

Your fix shouldn't have broken anything either, but I figured this communicates the intent a little better.

As for the closing, that was for interoperability with Hackey Patterns. Normally, it would open Hackey Patterns (if installed) when hitting enter, so you can quickly switch. I've disabled that toggle that you turned off by default now, as most people will likely only install the tracker.
Old 11-28-2019, 02:48 PM   #239
TonE

Hey drift, cool to see another trackey interested here. Hi also saike.
As saike mentioned, ENTER was requested to get a similar workflow as in jeskola buzz, where you can switch between pattern window and sequence window. It works there exactly like this. Simple and direct. Now hackey trackey is same, together with its partner hackey patterns. Anyone should install anything released by saike.

[OFFTOPIC ALARM]
Just tried spleeter*, seems to work quite nicely. You can create any acapella you wish, using free software, cool. Great for remix fun. Or if you want to remove disturbing vocals, for getting the background, some loops or nice guitar part maybe. Wonderful times.

* https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=227158
Old 11-29-2019, 04:13 AM   #240
dri_ft

Quote:
Your fix shouldn't have broken anything either, but I figured this communicates the intent a little better.
Yep, nice.

Quote:
As for the closing, that was for interoperability with Hackey
Patterns. Normally, it would open Hackey Patterns (if installed) when hitting enter, so you can quickly switch. I've disabled that toggle that you turned off by default now, as most people will likely only install the tracker.
This makes sense. Swapping between them sure could be useful, but... being able to accidentally close the window so easily sure is annoying.

I might take a look at the pattern sequencer later! Was never really a buzz user, though, so it's the tracker itself that's more interesting to me.

Going to have another tinker with the tracker now... will keep you posted.