Old 01-23-2006, 05:12 PM   #1
neueWelt
Human being with feelings

Default Slider/Fader Image

Hi Guys,
I have had a lot of fun playing around with REAPER and all of its new functions. It's a great piece of software and very functional. While I enjoy many of the new featers I actully perfered the old beige/green pointer icons for the sliders/faders (circa version .43/.44) as opposed to the mixing board immatations that are in the code now. I thought that the older sliders were cleaner and provided for a less clutered workspace. One of the great things about REAPER is its clean streamlined GUI. I may be the only one who has the opinion, so please comment or ignore. Mabe making this a selectable option would be the best solution.

-NeueWelt
neueWelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 05:24 PM   #2
Justin
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by neueWelt
Hi Guys,
I have had a lot of fun playing around with REAPER and all of its new functions. It's a great piece of software and very functional. While I enjoy many of the new featers I actully perfered the old beige/green pointer icons for the sliders/faders (circa version .43/.44) as opposed to the mixing board immatations that are in the code now. I thought that the older sliders were cleaner and provided for a less clutered workspace. One of the great things about REAPER is its clean streamlined GUI. I may be the only one who has the opinion, so please comment or ignore. Mabe making this a selectable option would be the best solution.

-NeueWelt
The thing about the old style trackbars is that they are really annoying to use. So perhaps a cleaner image is what is in order...

-Justin
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 07:39 PM   #3
pipelineaudio
Mortal

there is something odd on these faders, and like the above guy, I care NOT at all for a horizontal mixer imitation wither, but there are a LOT of guys who really do like to see it
pipelineaudio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 09:40 PM   #4
Justin
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipelineaudio
there is something odd on these faders, and like the above guy, I care NOT at all for a horizontal mixer imitation wither, but there are a LOT of guys who really do like to see it
I'm not sure I understand this...
Old 01-23-2006, 11:12 PM   #5
pipelineaudio
Mortal

Some of us like having a mixer going from left to right in apps, some of us like the up down track headers as mixers and some like both. I like the track header thing, but Im sure when all the important goodies are done a switch could be added to the left to right mixer, alongside "show master fader" "show channel faders", as long as I can se the buss faders (I think but having outs in the channels may change all that)
pipelineaudio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 11:35 PM   #6
Justin
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipelineaudio
Some of us like having a mixer going from left to right in apps, some of us like the up down track headers as mixers and some like both. I like the track header thing, but Im sure when all the important goodies are done a switch could be added to the left to right mixer, alongside "show master fader" "show channel faders", as long as I can se the buss faders (I think but having outs in the channels may change all that)
Ah yes, that's why I offer both (though for now require the track headers, eheh). Though:

'a switch could be added to the left to right mixer, alongside "show master fader" "show channel faders"'

I don't understand that, yet. Maybe my brain is too tired...

-Justin