Old 01-21-2019, 01:11 PM   #1
future fields
Human being with feelings

Default Soundcloud networking

Would anybody be interested in doing a share your soundcloud thread or some other way we could all network to each others benefit

I've never really been the type to advertise myself around as a musician and as a result only have a few followers and people who i follow on soundcloud and as I get closer to getting my first album done i'd like it to reach as many ears as possible

It'd be cool if we could all do this so if anybody wants to post their souncloud i'd be happy to follow

I'm at http://www.soundcloud.com/michaelgallardo

Last edited by future fields; 01-21-2019 at 01:18 PM.
future fields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 02:21 PM   #2
msundh

Is this https://forum.cockos.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24 what you mean?
Old 01-21-2019, 07:03 PM   #3
future fields

Quote:
Originally Posted by msundh View Post
Nope, what I'm talking about is a thread where anybody interested in networking over SoundCloud can do so vis-a-vis posting a link to their page so others who are also interested in networking over SoundCloud can add them and vice versa.
Old 01-21-2019, 10:00 PM   #4
Jeffsounds

By "networking" do you mean collaborating?
Old 01-22-2019, 12:53 AM   #5
smueske

I'm here:

https://soundcloud.com/muesk
smueske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 01:55 AM   #6
AndreiT

You can find me here : https://soundcloud.com/ata_music_official
AndreiT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 03:37 AM   #7
synkrotron

Quote:
Originally Posted by future fields View Post
Would anybody be interested in doing a share your soundcloud thread or some other way we could all network to each others benefit

I've never really been the type to advertise myself around as a musician and as a result only have a few followers and people who i follow on soundcloud and as I get closer to getting my first album done i'd like it to reach as many ears as possible

It'd be cool if we could all do this so if anybody wants to post their souncloud i'd be happy to follow

Hi Michael,

I notice that you have been on SoundCloud for some time, and in that time you only appear to have three public tracks.

Also, up to now you have only "liked" one track, in all that time.

Networking on SoundCloud requires a lot more than just following people. You will need to be a lot more active and visible. As you listen to, like and repost more tracks then you will find that your own tracks will pop up as related tracks and as a result you will find that more peeps will start to listen to your works and show genuine interest.

It can be a bit of a monster, though... Very time consuming.

You say you have an upcoming album. Where are you intending to "publish" that? CD B aby? Bandcamp? SoundCloud?

It would certainly be worth posting even more snippets, or even full tracks on SoundCloud in the meantime.

And create a signature here, and other forums that link to your projects. That always helps, in my opinion.

I've listened to all of your works on SoundCloud and it sounds good, so I would certainly be interested in what you are up to.

cheers, and all the best,

andy
Old 01-22-2019, 04:00 AM   #8
smueske

Hi, Andy! I didn't know you were here too! Longtime Reaper user here.

Everyone follow Synkrotron on SoundCloud. A lot of cool tracks and collaborations!
smueske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 04:59 AM   #9
synkrotron

Quote:
Originally Posted by smueske View Post
Hi, Andy! I didn't know you were here too! Longtime Reaper user here.

Everyone follow Synkrotron on SoundCloud. A lot of cool tracks and collaborations!
Ha! Thanks, yeah, only a short time REAPER user here, but very settled at the moment.

I ditched Studio One because it cannot handle high resolution monitors and REAPER deals with them just fine.

Back at you with the recommendations Steve, some good ideas you have going on there. Not sure about the EDO tuning... I struggle with the black notes using 12 tone temperament haha! But you do a good job with that and all sounds good to my ears

cheers

andy
Old 01-22-2019, 08:30 AM   #10
future fields

Quote:
Originally Posted by synkrotron View Post
Hi Michael,

I notice that you have been on SoundCloud for some time, and in that time you only appear to have three public tracks.

Also, up to now you have only "liked" one track, in all that time.

Networking on SoundCloud requires a lot more than just following people. You will need to be a lot more active and visible. As you listen to, like and repost more tracks then you will find that your own tracks will pop up as related tracks and as a result you will find that more peeps will start to listen to your works and show genuine interest.

It can be a bit of a monster, though... Very time consuming.

You say you have an upcoming album. Where are you intending to "publish" that? CD B aby? Bandcamp? SoundCloud?

It would certainly be worth posting even more snippets, or even full tracks on SoundCloud in the meantime.

And create a signature here, and other forums that link to your projects. That always helps, in my opinion.

I've listened to all of your works on SoundCloud and it sounds good, so I would certainly be interested in what you are up to.

cheers, and all the best,

andy
Thanks for the advice, I admit I'm pretty clueless to this stuff!

Used to have more tracks on there but wanted to pair it down ahead of my new material about to be complete.

Right now I just plan on putting my album on bandcamp.
Old 01-25-2019, 11:23 AM   #11
HammyHavoc

Mine's here: https://soundcloud.com/theorioncorrelation
Working on a couple more video game scores at the moment along with an industrial rock record of my own.

Always up for collabs. :- )
Old 01-25-2019, 11:47 AM   #12
vChip

Here is my current band - https://soundcloud.com/user-754987162

I play drums and record all of my tracks with Reaper. The rest is done in Logic by one of the guitar players. I tried to convert him and give Reaper a try but he is most comfortable with Logic.

We have 5 songs up and are currently working on the next 6 now. Our latest release (Crown) posted just a few days ago. Hoping to be promoting our first album later this year.
vChip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 12:20 PM   #13
synkrotron

Quote:
Right now I just plan on putting my album on bandcamp.
A good plan

And work on your "online persona" a bit... Get some links up here and there
Old 01-25-2019, 12:27 PM   #14
synkrotron

Quote:
Originally Posted by HammyHavoc View Post
Mine's here: https://soundcloud.com/theorioncorrelation
Working on a couple more video game scores at the moment along with an industrial rock record of my own.

Always up for collabs. :- )
Hey up Mr Havoc

Hoylake... Nice place. Bit too posh for me mind. Not been that way for a bit. Well, since our dog passed away 18 months or so ago.

Listening to your "EDM" stuff as I type. "Back Of My Hand" has quite an industrial flavour.

You wouldn't like my stuff, unless you wanted to get to sleep... Good for that
Old 01-25-2019, 12:29 PM   #15
synkrotron

Quote:
Originally Posted by vChip View Post
Here is my current band - https://soundcloud.com/user-754987162

I play drums and record all of my tracks with Reaper. The rest is done in Logic by one of the guitar players. I tried to convert him and give Reaper a try but he is most comfortable with Logic.

We have 5 songs up and are currently working on the next 6 now. Our latest release (Crown) posted just a few days ago. Hoping to be promoting our first album later this year.
Just listened to Crown... Not bad at all
Old 01-25-2019, 01:55 PM   #16
vChip

Quote:
Originally Posted by synkrotron View Post
Just listened to Crown... Not bad at all

Thank you! I appreciate that.

We are 3 - 40 something year old guys that pretty much work independently of one another and occasionally get together in the same room to work out ideas and arrangements then record our parts when we can. Its a very slow process at times but I really enjoy working with the other two guys and we are having some fun with it.
vChip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 04:27 PM   #17
psyberscenic

Quote:

Heyo,

Out of curiosity, as I've seen a lot of these different types of plans or schemes to get more followers for this or that, what would your actual goal in doing so, be?

I'm not personally all that big on the social media, and used to think that getting more followers for this or that would be some kind of an instantaneous source of positive feedback for me, but realized that I actually didn't really have so much of a clear idea on what that would actually do to help me either with producing or "doing something" with the music.

Do you intend to do shows? I saw somebody else in the thread mention potential collaborations...is that something you're looking to do?

I ask because, for one--I'm curious; but, for another, I've been down that road before and it never really helped me so much--I feel like it might benefit you more if you had an idea of what you were looking to do beforehand (as a friendly suggestion ).

Also has the added benefit of probably getting you to where you want to be in a more stress-free manner, idk.

Happy to spitball.

Last edited by psyberscenic; 01-30-2019 at 04:44 PM.
psyberscenic is offline   Reply With Quote