Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > MIDI Hardware, Control Surfaces, and OSC

Old 11-27-2019, 01:33 PM   #1
susbemol
Human being with feelings

Default Behringer X Touch One setup - controlling plugins

Hey guys,

I understand that, like me, a number of you are using the X Touch One to control REAPER. I have been successfully using mine setup with juedue's CSI adaptation but I was wondering if anyone else has set it up any other way that allows you to control plugins as well? I understand this is a possibility but I don't really know how!

Any help is much appreciated.
susbemol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 01:10 AM   #2
susbemol

Bump. Anyone?
susbemol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 01:58 PM   #3
Dberman

Default X-Touch One controlling plugins

I just setup my XTO today, and the built-in Reaper functions all look like they work, but I really want to control plugin params and write automation with the encoder or jog wheel. I would greatly appreciate an explanation of how you are controlling plugins with the XTO.
Dberman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2020, 12:17 PM   #4
airon

We're all currently figuring things out there. The X-Touch One looks interesting because of its MCU mode. Are you currently using that mode with CSI ?

I'm using a Faderport 16, currently in MCU mode but of course I want to use it natively. CSI seems to be almost at the beta stage now, where features are sort of locked in and we can write new ZONES to control plugins instead of anything else.

The X-Touch only has three continous controls. Maybe you guys should look at stuff that has a bunch of knobs and sliders instead, just for plugin control.

I do recommend the Midi Fighter Twister. Or how about the Arturia Beatstep($100 or less). Both have multiple banks, configurable knobs and lots of switches(MFT has push endless knobs).

The Akai Midimix has 24 encoders, 9 sliders and 16 buttons. Imagine what you could do with THAT and CSI.
airon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2020, 07:52 PM   #5
Dberman

Default X-Touch One controlling plugins

Quote:
Originally Posted by airon View Post
We're all currently figuring things out there. The X-Touch One looks interesting because of its MCU mode. Are you currently using that mode with CSI ?

I'm using a Faderport 16, currently in MCU mode but of course I want to use it natively. CSI seems to be almost at the beta stage now, where features are sort of locked in and we can write new ZONES to control plugins instead of anything else.

The X-Touch only has three continous controls. Maybe you guys should look at stuff that has a bunch of knobs and sliders instead, just for plugin control.

I do recommend the Midi Fighter Twister. Or how about the Arturia Beatstep($100 or less). Both have multiple banks, configurable knobs and lots of switches(MFT has push endless knobs).

The Akai Midimix has 24 encoders, 9 sliders and 16 buttons. Imagine what you could do with THAT and CSI.
Definitely feeling the pain! I have the XTO running in MC User mode with CSI. Two weird things are I have it set to Track Control Panel, not Mixer Control Panel like the documentation says. The other thing is my Surface keeps disappearing from the CSI configuration window. No idea about that.

Thanks for the tip about other surfaces. I actually started with the X-Touch Mini and couldn't wrap my brain around CSI or ReaLearn at all. I got the XTO hoping native Reaper mode would do everything I wanted.
Dberman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2020, 11:18 PM   #6
mschnell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dberman View Post
I got the XTO hoping native Reaper mode would do everything I wanted.
As the kind of Control Surface related workflows anybody wants is different from anybody else's, this can't happen.

-Michael
mschnell is online now   Reply With Quote