Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > ReaScript, JSFX, REAPER Plug-in Extensions, Developer Forum

Old 06-11-2020, 02:05 PM   #881
tufb
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfillion View Post
ReaPack v1.2.3rc2

Added:
  • Enable the documentation viewer on Linux (without rich text formatting) [p=2247988]
Awesome!
tufb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 10:06 AM   #882
tufb

Back in November/December 2018, both Chinese and Japanese users reported errors with synchronizing my GitHub repo in ReaPack. Not sure if the issue persists or if at all related to ReaPack.
I never had any issues with the original (English) software.

source: https://ytpmv.info/generate-item-using-midi (NSFW?) , mentioned in last part of the article

source: https://www.bilibili.com/read/cv1642859/ , comment section & mentioned in last part of the article
Old 06-30-2020, 11:42 AM   #883
cfillion

Hmm I'm not spotting any obvious problem description/error messages with Google Translate. What's the issue being reported?

By default Synchronize packages does not install anything (it only does updates and repairs with stock settings). Could that be it?
cfillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 12:15 PM   #884
tufb

Beats me. Could be user error just as well.

edit: My installation instructions will be more descriptive going forward.

Last edited by tufb; 07-03-2020 at 03:33 PM.
Old 09-26-2020, 12:59 PM   #885
amagalma

When I perform a manual Sync ("ReaPack: Synchronize packages"), Reaper always freezes at the 6th out of the 20 repositories I have installed (at 30%). Any ideas?

Win10 x64, Reaper v6.14x64
Old 09-26-2020, 01:09 PM   #886
cfillion

I heard that once before, but I couldn't duplicate it or find what factors could lead to such a freeze. Can you send me a dump file (see the previous report at https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=226094)?
Old 09-28-2020, 03:23 AM   #887
amagalma

Quote:
I heard that once before, but I couldn't duplicate it or find what factors could lead to such a freeze. Can you send me a dump file (see the previous report at https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=226094)?

Sent! Thanks!

Last edited by amagalma; 09-28-2020 at 03:53 AM.
amagalma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 09:26 AM   #888
cfillion

Thanks. That dump file says the main thread was busy renaming ReaPack/cache/Ultrashall-API.xml.part in the resource directory to Ultrashall-API.xml. Just to be sure, are you saying it gets stuck forever or is it just taking a very long time? Also, do you get the same result in a fresh portable install? Any antivirus running?
Old 09-28-2020, 12:35 PM   #889
sonictim

Quote:
Originally Posted by amagalma View Post
When I perform a manual Sync ("ReaPack: Synchronize packages"), Reaper always freezes at the 6th out of the 20 repositories I have installed (at 30%). Any ideas?

Win10 x64, Reaper v6.14x64
Every so often, my reapack just stops working properly.. it just times out when looking up any repository server (which is super annoying because it has to time out on all of them before telling me about it)...

I've found the solution is to rename my reapack.ini to something else entirely (usually reapack-old.ini)... then launch reaper/reapack. It will create a new one, and will behave normally.. Then I quit, and delete this newly created reapack.ini. I then rename my saved reapack-old.ini to reapack.ini and suddenly, everything is working again.

I literally just had to do this again this morning... reapack will work fine for a month or so, and then this....

It doesn't really help cfillion get to the root of your problem, but it's worth trying if you're stuck!
sonictim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 09:59 PM   #890
amagalma

Quote:
Thanks. That dump file says the main thread was busy renaming ReaPack/cache/Ultrashall-API.xml.part in the resource directory to Ultrashall-API.xml. Just to be sure, are you saying it gets stuck forever or is it just taking a very long time? Also, do you get the same result in a fresh portable install? Any antivirus running?
It gets stuck forever. Reaper freezes. And it is not always at Ultrashall, can be at IX or other. But it is always at the 6th repository and 30%.
Note that I run the command to Sync Reapack as a startup action, so it runs when I open Reaper, and it runs fine! No problem there! But if I go to Actions List and run manually the action to Sync then it freezes Reaper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonictim View Post
Every so often, my reapack just stops working properly.. it just times out when looking up any repository server (which is super annoying because it has to time out on all of them before telling me about it)...

I've found the solution is to rename my reapack.ini to something else entirely (usually reapack-old.ini)... then launch reaper/reapack. It will create a new one, and will behave normally.. Then I quit, and delete this newly created reapack.ini. I then rename my saved reapack-old.ini to reapack.ini and suddenly, everything is working again.

I literally just had to do this again this morning... reapack will work fine for a month or so, and then this....

It doesn't really help cfillion get to the root of your problem, but it's worth trying if you're stuck!
Thanks sonictim! I tried it but it didn't work for me.. It still froze when I ran manually the action.
Old 10-06-2020, 03:37 PM   #891
lunker

I hope this is a good thread for this question.

I would like to share some of my ReaScripts and JSFX through ReaPack.

After reading lots of documentation (thank you, ReaPack team!), I think the only question I have is whether my Git repository needs to follow any standardized directory structure. Or does the reapack-index utility take care of building the correct release structure from the files in my repository?

Can I just create my Git repository with this structure?

Code:
repo/
    |
    |-Scripts
    | |
    | |- script1.lua
    | `- script2.lua
    |
    `-Effects
      |
      |- effect1.jsfx
      `- effect2.jsfx
Particularly, one of my questions is whether I need to include a user name (lunker) in the repository structure under the "Scripts" and "Effects" directories to mirror the directory structure that Reaper uses. After browsing some other people's Git repositories, it doesn't seem like I need to include a user name, but I'm still sort of confused about how it all gets packaged under my user name so that when people install what I release, it all gets put into the appropriate "Scripts\lunker" and "Effects\lunker" directories in their Reaper folder.

Sorry if this question has already been asked/answered before. If so, I didn't see it while skimming through the documentation and the 23 pages of this thread.

Thanks!

Last edited by lunker; 10-06-2020 at 03:47 PM.
lunker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 06:12 PM   #892
cfillion

The directories in the repository become the package's category names.

Code:
repo/
├── Distortion/
│   ├── distortion.jsfx
│   └── lunker_Apply distortion to selected tracks.lua
└── Time Selection/
    └── lunker_Do something with the time selection.lua
The repository name (as set using reapack-index --name) is used as the top-level folder when installing.
Old 10-06-2020, 06:40 PM   #893
lunker

Thanks! I get it now.

Hopefully I have something worth sharing.
lunker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2020, 02:30 PM   #894
cfillion

Quote:
It gets stuck forever. Reaper freezes. And it is not always at Ultrashall, can be at IX or other. But it is always at the 6th repository and 30%.
Note that I run the command to Sync Reapack as a startup action, so it runs when I open Reaper, and it runs fine! No problem there! But if I go to Actions List and run manually the action to Sync then it freezes Reaper.
Do you get the same result in a fresh portable install? Any antivirus running?
Old 10-12-2020, 06:57 AM   #895
amagalma

Quote:
Do you get the same result in a fresh portable install? Any antivirus running?
Trying now the following:

1) On a fresh portable installation, no problems.
2) I copied reapack.ini from my main installation to the portable one. No problems in manual syncing.
3) Removed ReaPack: Synchronize packages from my SWS Global Startup Action and now, manual syncing works in my main installation!
4) Added ReaPack: Synchronize packages to __startup.lua in portable installation. Now manual syncing freezes Reaper.

So, it seems that if ReaPack: Synchronize packages is run when Reaper loads, either as a Global Startup Action or in __startup.lua, then it no longer works when run manually (it freezes Reaper).

Hope this helps
Old 10-13-2020, 08:36 AM   #896
juan_r

Default Synchronizing two installations

Hello, I am an avid ReaPack user: besides being the perfect source for scripts and other add-ons, it keeps each one of them updated.

I have two installations of Reaper: the standard one and a portable one I use for experiments, development versions etc. How can I make it so that their ReaPack states are synced? Let me rephrase better.

I can export all the scripts from one ("old") installation and import them into the other ("new"); but then the new installation doesn't know that these scripts came from ReaPack, so they don't appear as "installed" in ReaPack and they won't get updated if a newer version comes out. How can I make it so that the two installations are synced as far as ReaPack goes?

(I hope this is the right subforum for my question; if it's not, please let me know.)
juan_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2020, 08:53 AM   #897
cfillion

You can do this using Manage repositories > Import/export.
Old 10-13-2020, 09:34 AM   #898
juan_r

Thanks @cfillion, problem solved! The repositories were already the same in the two installations; what I needed is, I think, import/export offline archive.
juan_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2020, 09:37 AM   #899
buschag

any idea why relearn isn't showing in the browse packages list? i pasted the url to the proper address and restarted but relearn is still not showing up anywhere. mac OS X 10.10.5 and latest version of reaper.
buschag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2020, 10:45 AM   #900
nofish

Quote:
Originally Posted by buschag View Post
any idea why relearn isn't showing in the browse packages list? i pasted the url to the proper address and restarted but relearn is still not showing up anywhere. mac OS X 10.10.5 and latest version of reaper.
It does show up here (on Windows).
Maybe do a Synchronize packages/Refresh repositories?
nofish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2020, 11:30 AM   #901
cfillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by buschag View Post
In addition to the above, are you using REAPER 64-bit or 32-bit? ReaLearn doesn't have a macOS 32-bit version, so it wouldn't appear in ReaPack if that's your case.

Last edited by cfillion; 10-16-2020 at 12:47 PM.
Old 10-16-2020, 12:39 PM   #902
buschag

Oh that would make sense. Thanks to all.
buschag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 11:46 AM   #903
sonictim

Default Reapack-Index is refusing to read my Header

I love reapack... I use it all the time...

But I've got a script that simply refuses to be added my reapack via reapack-index......

reapack-index keeps complaining the script is "missing tag 'version'" but it clearly has the tag in the file... to make matters worse, it's the same exact header template I use in all my other scripts I have put successfully into my reapack....

Any advice on things to try? The script is LUA...

I've found on my machine, with lua scripts... the ONLY way reapack will read the header is if I format as follows:

--@version 1.0

I've tried other formats with no success (these WILL not index my scripts)

--[[
Version: 1.0
About:
]]

and

--[[
@version 1.0
@about
]]

I have also run reapack-index --rebuild

and still it won't add my script....

I've tried resetting my GitHub commit history as well and no luck......
Old 10-24-2020, 12:30 PM   #904
cfillion

What is the repository URL and the script's filename (if it's public)? Perhaps there's an extra newline before --[[?

You can see the output of the header parser with this one-liner:

Code:
ruby -r metaheader -e 'pp MetaHeader.parse(ARGF).to_h' path_to_the_file.lua

Last edited by cfillion; 10-24-2020 at 12:42 PM.
Old 10-24-2020, 12:48 PM   #905
sonictim

Quote:
I love reapack... I use it all the time...

I've tried resetting my GitHub commit history as well and no luck......
Okay, so I just created a new script, copied the contents of my script I had trouble syncing exactly... and put them in the new script...

this "new" script (literally the same header) went into reapack no problem...

weird...
Old 10-24-2020, 12:56 PM   #906
sonictim

Quote:
What is the repository URL and the script's filename (if it's public)? Perhaps there's an extra newline before --[[?

You can see the output of the header parser with this one-liner:

Code:
ruby -r metaheader -e 'pp MetaHeader.parse(ARGF).to_h' path_to_the_file.lua

my repository: https://github.com/sonictim/TJF-Scri...ster/index.xml
I believe it's public!

Okay, so if I want to use the --[[ ]]-- way of tagging the header in a lua script... what are the pitfalls? I just learned, no extra newline... can you have empty newlines in between the brackets for visual organizational reasons? or are all empty newlines bad?

output from that command (though I'm not sure I ran it correctly):

tfarrell@tjf-mbp-16 Razor Edit % ruby -r metaheader -e 'pp MetaHeader.parse(ARGF).to_h' TJF\ LINK\ Razor\ Edit\ Selection\ with\ Folders,\ Item\ Grouping\ Affects\ Behavior

Traceback (most recent call last):
3: from -e:1:in `<main>'
2: from /Library/Ruby/Gems/2.6.0/gems/metaheader-1.3.1/lib/metaheader.rb:56:in `parse'
1: from /Library/Ruby/Gems/2.6.0/gems/metaheader-1.3.1/lib/metaheader.rb:56:in `new'
/Library/Ruby/Gems/2.6.0/gems/metaheader-1.3.1/lib/metaheader.rb:70:in `initialize': undefined method `encode' for ARGF:ARGF.class (NoMethodError)

Here's my header:

Code:
--@description TJF LINK Razor Edit Selection with Folders, Item Grouping Affects Behavior
--@version 1.11
--@author BirdBird, Tim Farrell
--@links
--  TJF Reapack https://github.com/sonictim/TJF-Scripts/raw/master/index.xml

--@about
--   # TJF LINK Razor Edit Selection with Folders, Item Grouping Affects Behavior
--
--   This script takes a proof of concept script written by BirdBird and applies a little extra functionality
--   Namely, if grouping is enabled, the script will select all children track
--   If not, Razor edit will behave as normal, except on folder parents... then it will select children also
--   This is a deferred script.  Choose "Terminate" upon running a second time...
--  
--   This script may contain bugs as it is a proof of concept

--   DISCLAIMER:
--   This script was written for my own personal use and therefore I offer no support of any kind.
--   Any feature requests/bug reports will be ignored entirely, unless of course they interest me and I want to pursue them.
--   I strongly recommend never to run this or any other script I've written for any reason what so ever.
--   Ignore this advice at your own peril!

--@changelog
--   v1.0 - nothing to report
--   v1.1 - added to reapack (adjusted headers
--   v1.11- reapack test

Last edited by sonictim; 10-24-2020 at 12:58 PM. Reason: wrong tag one more thing...
Old 10-25-2020, 05:18 PM   #907
cfillion

Quote:
Okay, so if I want to use the --[[ ]]-- way of tagging the header in a lua script... what are the pitfalls? I just learned, no extra newline... can you have empty newlines in between the brackets for visual organizational reasons? or are all empty newlines bad?
Header parsing stops at the first empty line that isn't part of a tag's value.

In the snippet above, parsing stops before "--@about" is read. If you want visual separation, add "--" to the previous line, before the disclaimer, and @changelog.

Quote:
output from that command (though I'm not sure I ran it correctly):

Code:
tfarrell@tjf-mbp-16 Razor Edit % ruby -r metaheader -e 'pp MetaHeader.parse(ARGF).to_h' TJF\ LINK\ Razor\ Edit\ Selection\ with\ Folders,\ Item\ Grouping\ Affects\ Behavior

Traceback (most recent call last):
	3: from -e:1:in `<main>'
	2: from /Library/Ruby/Gems/2.6.0/gems/metaheader-1.3.1/lib/metaheader.rb:56:in `parse'
	1: from /Library/Ruby/Gems/2.6.0/gems/metaheader-1.3.1/lib/metaheader.rb:56:in `new'
/Library/Ruby/Gems/2.6.0/gems/metaheader-1.3.1/lib/metaheader.rb:70:in `initialize': undefined method `encode' for ARGF:ARGF.class (NoMethodError)
Oops, I wrote that for the current pre-release of reapack-index. Here's one that works with v1.2.2:

Code:
ruby -r metaheader -r pp -r stringio -e 'pp MetaHeader.parse(ARGF.read).to_h'
Quote:
Code:
--@changelog
--   v1.0 - nothing to report
--   v1.1 - added to reapack (adjusted headers
--   v1.11- reapack test
Changelogs should not contain previous entries nor repeat the version numbers. ReaPack already keeps and displays this information (+ the release date).

Last edited by cfillion; 10-25-2020 at 05:27 PM.
Old 10-28-2020, 02:26 PM   #908
amagalma

Building has been extremely slow for ReaPack for the last few days.. any idea why?
It used to take 5-10 minutes in order to merge a branch...
Old 11-16-2020, 12:53 PM   #909
tufb

Is uploading scripts to the ReaTeam/ReaScripts repo directly via PR merely discouraged or is https://reapack.com/upload/reascript the exclusive option? I want to update my existing contributions.

Last edited by tufb; 11-16-2020 at 01:05 PM.
Old 11-16-2020, 04:57 PM   #910
cfillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by tufb View Post
Is uploading scripts to the ReaTeam/ReaScripts repo directly via PR merely discouraged or is https://reapack.com/upload/reascript the exclusive option? I want to update my existing contributions.
Either is fine. Using the upload tool to generate the metadata and create the PR is often easier. The end result is the same, so use the method you prefer.
Old 11-16-2020, 08:22 PM   #911
tufb

Cheers, will do
Old 12-01-2020, 12:21 PM   #912
Yanick

I made a repository, I can't understand the "Getting started" item. How do I get the correct index? I have it short like this
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<index name="Yaunick-Scripts" version="1"/>
I have installed Ruby and Cmake and passed the "gem install reapack-index" step.
I probably don't understand how reapack-index works. I already have a repository folder. I would like to clarify in as much detail as possible Thanks!

Last edited by Yanick; 12-01-2020 at 05:28 PM.
Yanick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2020, 05:11 PM   #913
amagalma

I tried uploading a script using ReaPack Upload Tools and got this:
Code:
ERROR:  Error installing reapack-index:
	The last version of nokogiri (~> 1.7) to support your Ruby & RubyGems was 1.10.10. Try installing it with `gem install nokogiri -v 1.10.10` and then running the current command again
	nokogiri requires Ruby version >= 2.4, < 2.8.dev. The current ruby version is 2.3.0.0.
The command "gem install reapack-index --pre" failed and exited with 1 during .

Your build has been stopped.
Old 12-14-2020, 05:36 PM   #914
cfillion

Thanks, fixed!

Quote:
Building has been extremely slow for ReaPack for the last few days.. any idea why?
It used to take 5-10 minutes in order to merge a branch...
I'll migrate the builds away from Travis (they're shutting down free open-source builds) before the end of the month, which will solve these long queue times.
Old 12-21-2020, 05:44 PM   #915
lemerchand

I'm very close to loosing my mind. I've been at this off and on over the last 8 hours.

I'm trying to use reapack-index to create and index file but the results keep changing.

First, it told me I had no version number listed (I did). Then it wasn't adding new commits. I deleted my script, pasted into a new file and tried again. This time it worked...er sort of. It caught 3-4 new commits and then stopped. I tried --rebuild, deleting the index.xml file, and no matter what I do the new file looks like this:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<index version="1" name="Lemerchand Scripts" commit="e449ac86d9c8a78a301a6b505bf472f7c7470c79"/>
Whereas when it sort of worked it looked like this:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<index version="1" commit="6dc7c0d84e036ec38e1ad1f76a3d01671b3c5e7f">
  <category name="MIDI Selector Tool">
    <reapack name="MIDI Selector Tool.lua" type="script">
      <version name="1.0.3b" time="2020-12-21T23:32:05Z">
        <source main="main">https://github.com/lemerchand/lemerchand/raw/763e28b114b13d1b99030d39df24c96c3ab8d5c4/MIDI%20Selector%20Tool/MIDI%20Selector%20Tool.lua</source>
      </version>
      <version name="1.0.4b" author="Lemerchad" time="2020-12-21T23:57:56Z">
        <source main="main">https://github.com/lemerchand/lemerchand/raw/ee61f3b15e8b6a8eb62ede714dbeaf0e5f15e1e0/MIDI%20Selector%20Tool/MIDI%20Selector%20Tool.lua</source>
        <source file="presets/Default Preset.dat">https://github.com/lemerchand/lemerchand/raw/ee61f3b15e8b6a8eb62ede714dbeaf0e5f15e1e0/MIDI%20Selector%20Tool/presets/Default%20Preset.dat</source>
      </version>
      <version name="1.0.5b" author="Lemerchad" time="2020-12-22T00:00:01Z">
        <source main="main">https://github.com/lemerchand/lemerchand/raw/6dc7c0d84e036ec38e1ad1f76a3d01671b3c5e7f/MIDI%20Selector%20Tool/MIDI%20Selector%20Tool.lua</source>
        <source file="presets/Default Preset.dat">https://github.com/lemerchand/lemerchand/raw/6dc7c0d84e036ec38e1ad1f76a3d01671b3c5e7f/MIDI%20Selector%20Tool/presets/Default%20Preset.dat</source>
      </version>
    </reapack>
  </category>
</index>
And finally, my header:

Code:
-- @version 1.0.666b
-- @author Lemerchand
-- @provides
-- [main=midi_editor] .
-- [nomain] presets/*.dat
-- [nomain] libs/*.lua
Any thoughts? Suggestions?
lemerchand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2020, 08:32 PM   #916
cfillion

You should be getting this message for each commit containing that header:

Code:
warning: MIDI Selector Tool/MIDI Selector Tool.lua:
  missing value for tag 'provides'
The value of the @provides tag is not indented:

Code:
-- @description MIDI Selector Tool
-- @version 1.0.666b
-- @author Lemerchand
-- @provides
--   [main=midi_editor] .
--   [nomain] presets/*.dat
--   [nomain] libs/*.lua
You can use "reapack-index --check" to test the current state of the files (without walking through the git commit history).

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemerchand View Post
First, it told me I had no version number listed (I did).
reapack-index scans every commits since it was last used (or when using --rebuild). It is normal for it to complain about older commits. Later commits where the version information is present are still scanned.
Old 12-21-2020, 10:24 PM   #917
lemerchand

Quote:

The value of the @provides tag is not indented:

:/ I've tried it indented, unindented and even double indented, both before and after posting here. I even tried one tab and a space. No matter what is seems to give me that "Missing value" error (which is weird because earlier today it worked after I deleted the main file the first time)

Quote:
reapack-index scans every commits since it was last used (or when using --rebuild). It is normal for it to complain about older commits. Later commits where the version information is present are still scanned.
I wasn't refering to the complaints--the actual index.xml file stopped adding new versions. Let's say I had v1 then added v1.1. Cool. Then v1.2, sweet. Then v1.3+ stopped appearing in the index file. Admittedly right now this isn't an issue since I can't seem to get past the missing value error

Last edited by lemerchand; 12-21-2020 at 10:38 PM.
Old 12-21-2020, 10:47 PM   #918
lemerchand

okay--it looks like I needed to actually type the spaces out for the indent and not use tab. I have it working now. Sorry for the trouble!
Old 12-22-2020, 08:33 AM   #919
amagalma

Quote:
Trying now the following:

1) On a fresh portable installation, no problems.
2) I copied reapack.ini from my main installation to the portable one. No problems in manual syncing.
3) Removed ReaPack: Synchronize packages from my SWS Global Startup Action and now, manual syncing works in my main installation!
4) Added ReaPack: Synchronize packages to __startup.lua in portable installation. Now manual syncing freezes Reaper.

So, it seems that if ReaPack: Synchronize packages is run when Reaper loads, either as a Global Startup Action or in __startup.lua, then it no longer works when run manually (it freezes Reaper).

Hope this helps

Regarding this.. I discovered that even if ReaPack: Synchronize packages is not run as a startup action, it will freeze Reaper on second manual run.
Old 12-22-2020, 09:02 AM   #920
cfillion

Does this happens with v1.2.1 too (potentially suspect code was added in v1.2.2rc)?