Old 08-07-2020, 06:24 AM   #1
ayskura
Human being with feelings

Default plugins in sends

I would love to have plugins in the send bus (from route). Reaper is already the first DAW to have a phase invert button in each send, it would be awesome to have the option to have plugins as well. This would allow for example to filter the send to an FX without affecting the main signal and in different ways for each track, without having to create a complex routing with an extra auxiliary for each track etc. This would make Reaper the first to have such feature.
ayskura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2020, 09:19 AM   #2
shaelter
Human being with feelings

Default YES - Wish for FX on routings

Although you can route anything you want within a track FX chain, it would be really cool to add the FX chain feature on sends in the track routing window.

It would be more ergonomic, intuitive and simplified.
See image: See image: https://forum.cockos.com/attachment....9&d=1596816471

For example, I send a signal from my track processed with a SoundToys Crystalizer effect to a Reverb site.

You're going to tell me that I just have to put this effect before the reverb on the reverb track but I'm sure you'll understand the usefulness of having it on the post-fader sends. So my reverb track only contains the reverb and I can send different tracks to this reverb while applying a different effect on each send. Of course, I do this by using multiple channels with multiple effects in the track FX but it's a real bag of knots, not visual or intuitive and therefore not ergonomic.

Please evaluate our request and we hope to see this feature in a future release of Reaper.

Many thanks to all the developers, you rock.

Last edited by shaelter; 08-07-2020 at 09:59 AM.
shaelter is offline   Reply With Quote