Old 08-04-2020, 01:07 PM   #1
Matthewdeargameaudio
Human being with feelings

Default Copy Item to Marker with specific keyword

[originally posted in general discussion, re-directed here]
Hey fellow Reaper-folks,

I have a bit of a brain-teaser:

I use video a lot in reaper, specifically adding audio to video. Purely for testing/demo purposes, I make game audio and I don't always have the ability to implement my audio directly into the engine. What I find is I spend a lot of time spot checking my capture footage, then painstakingly copy&pasting my existing SFX onto the capture footage to simulate the in-game audio.

Now, I have some streamlining with markers; I spot check with markers, naming as I go, then use snap-to-marker and paste my desired sfx. It's fairly time-consuming.

Now there's no way to get around spot checking, that's a given and can be helpful in the early design stages so no biggy there.
However, I feel I could streamline the process of pasting the SFX to markers. What I'd like is the following 'action/script':
Duplicate item to marker(s) *if keyword/item name is present in marker name*

For instance, if I had an sfx named 'click', I would name each marker 'click', (or better yet have 'click' contained within the marker name) then run the above action to paste a copy of 'click.wav' onto each marker.
I imagine it would be slightly easier to have it match the 'item name'. But ideally, I'd be able to use a keyword in the marker name *in amongst other keywords*, then specify the keyword in a popup window before the item is copied.

Now, to my shame I have no experience with ReaScript. But, I'm very interested in taking a look at it. So if your answer, as I suspect, is "great idea, good luck scripting it", then could you point me in the direction of the best resources for me to learn how?

Many thanks! Hopefully it all makes sense...
Matthewdeargameaudio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 02:37 PM   #2
X-Raym
Human being with feelings

Default For reference

Original thread: https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=240752
X-Raym is offline   Reply With Quote