Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER for Live Use

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-30-2020, 02:56 PM   #1
Shepo1
Human being with feelings

Default Church Live stream sound mixing with Reaper

HI, been poking around, and not sure if i have found what i was looking for, so will ask.
Set up is M32 at FOH with Dante Card. 32 channels on Dante to PC in live-stream /broadcast room running WIN 10/Reaper/Dante Virtual sound card.
Audio I/O in reaper set to AISO/Dante 32 in 2 out.
Dante 2 out goes to a Dante/AES converter and on to our AES to SDI converter to mix with the video feed.
Then I setup up track/channels in Reaper for each input channel as well as normal busses and effects busses and all that stuff. Pretty standard.( pretty much set it up like a M32 type mixer
I am using various plugins on the different tracks,
arm all tracks to record, and have it set for record monitoring so i can hear the incoming audio and effects and mix it to the output which then feeds our live steam.
Some times i record the tracks, some times not. ( I like to record the pre service practice, and use that to premix the audio for the service) All seems to work fine, other then we seem to be having a delay/latency issue on some tracks vs others. For example, when watching the live feed play back, later in the day, it seems like the acoustic guitar and vocals are lagging the beat, when compared to like the drums. The band plays to a click, thru IEM so that should be right on for them ( not part of the live mix system at all) So, wondering if some how my use of different plugins for different things is some how causing this latency on specific tracks. I am not really on top of how the PDC works for live mixing like this. Or maybe i have some setting that need to be tweaked. ? I looked at the perfomace monitor I think its called and saw some tracks or plug ins with 0 pdc, and others with 2048 if i recall ( related to reverbs that were inserted on specific channels ) I am not really concerned with the overall latency of the end mix as no one is trying to overdub tracks or play back along with it, just that all things are time aligned with each other when they come out of reaper and are sent back out the output to be mixed with the video. I am not sure if this is a reaper thing.. or something else.. so any advise or things to check would be helpful ! I read something about live vs pre cacluated effects ? or some setting related to that.. not sure if that is anything related. Thanks for your time
Shepo1 is offline   Reply With Quote