Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > newbieland

Old 07-09-2011, 10:59 AM   #1
The Blues Kruz
Human being with feelings

Default Track-Item Locking Question

FWIW:--> I went five pages deep before posting on this . . .

After upgrading to Reaper version 3.68 my item locking icon disappeared on all projects . And deep in settings the toggle to "Always show item lock button" is no longer there. Can any friendly Reaperians shoot me a clue ?

Thanks for all the help ! ___ The Blue Kruz, himself
The Blues Kruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 11:10 AM   #2
The Blues Kruz

Default Item Locking FOUND ! ! !

Should have known good old Reaper wouldn't just take something away and not give it back. Found "Item locking" as a toggle when right clicking on the item and just waiting for the Item Settings sub-options box to open.

Thanks again to The Cocko's Forum for all the help and guidance provided here ! ____________ TBK
The Blues Kruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 11:46 AM   #3
Mr. Data

Hi TBK,

normally you'll get answers very quick on these forums. If not, it's mostly due to the fact that nobody (who's on) has an answer right at hand. So a bit of patience is a good idea. On the other hand, reacting with ironic or sarcastic comments after waiting just about 10 minutes is not a good idea, if you want to get help, 'cos most people want to help if they can, but only if they don't feel like dealing with an asshole.

However, you can look at "Options -> Preferences -> Appearance -> Media" at the frame "Media item buttons:". Here you also can set which buttons are (in)visible on an item.

HTH

-Data
Old 07-09-2011, 02:46 PM   #4
gofer
-blänk-

Maybe I am naive, but I didn't understand Blues Kruz comment as sarcasm. He found a solution, posted it and said thanks anyway (maybe for help he's got from lurking or in another thread). I believe he's just being a nice guy.

Blues Kruz, if you check Preferences -> Appearance -> Media: Media item buttons "Unlocked" you get your item lock button on unlocked items back (edit: oops, I just saw Data has said that already... /edit). That has changed at some point in the past, as you have noticed.

I wonder why your previous setting didn't translate, that's uncommon for Cockos. From which version were you upgrading?.
gofer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 02:54 PM   #5
Mr. Data

Well, it's also possible that I got this totally wrong.

In this case I'd sincerely like to apologize.

-Data
Old 07-09-2011, 03:09 PM   #6
gofer
-blänk-

You're a true gentleman, Data. I appreciate that you did choose to answer his question reasonably even when you thought he was acting like a dick (which I really don't think was his intent).

Thanks.
gofer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 03:17 PM   #7
Mr. Data

Thanks, Gofer!

In fact, I think there's no other way and everything else seems to be a little bit imbecile to me.

-Data

Last edited by Mr. Data; 07-11-2011 at 06:27 AM.
Mr. Data is offline   Reply With Quote