Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > MIDI Hardware, Control Surfaces, and OSC

Old 11-14-2020, 06:38 AM   #1
mub
Human being with feelings

Default Using MPD218 MIDI as DAW Control board - Can't assign pads to actions any more

I use my Akai MPD218 MIDI device for drums and stuff in other apps but in Reaper I use it as a control board. When I first got it I was able to assign a load of actions shortcuts to the button pads, and control knobs to sliders. I even have a few scripted actions assigned. It has been really useful.

Recently I wanted to change some buttons but found I can't. Here is what happens.

Open Actions list, Select the Action to assign a button to, Click the Add button. At this point the expected window appears, but it is continuously detecting the control knobs. When I press a pad button you see it detected but instantly detect a control knob again.

I don't have any problems with the buttons / controls currently assigned and the control knobs don't interfere like at any other time.

I searched this forum (and googled of course) and not found a relatable answer.

Anyone able to help?
mub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2020, 07:41 AM   #2
TonE

Are you playing any music, just stop any playback. So only your controllers work during mapping, one by one.
TonE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2020, 09:18 AM   #3
mub

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonE View Post
Are you playing any music, just stop any playback. So only your controllers work during mapping, one by one.
Nope no music play in Reaper, but I just tried closing the current profect so there are no tracks. The problem continues.

I had another go just now and found if you tap just right it will hold onto the selected pad, but it is not consistent.
mub is offline   Reply With Quote